Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I miss heard the reason why the show was cancelled. It sounded like they blamed the projector, but the heating would have definitely been an issue, as I was contemplating moments before the show was actually cancelled. However, it was strange that his pre-show videos did not start playing after the Maya Angelou poem as they did at all three previous concerts.

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

I thought he had eskimo blood in his veins. Along with the odd pint of Dublin's finest.

Two things. It literally is not. And secondly, you wanna try living on top of a Pennine Hill, you softy.
It was quite cold to be standing there waiting for him. Maybe we're not all acclimated to freezing weather like you are, but that's not our problem. He has to think about his voice, & it's very risky for a singer to perform & sweat in the cold. It could lead to a cancellation of both Hollywood Bowl shows had he got a cough or chest cold. That would be very selfish of us to wish that upon him. I drove 3 hours there & back. But I'll be driving over 6 hours to still see him at the Hollywood Bowl. I'll be happy he won't be sick to do both those shows. And, I bet you anything they're testing & making sure the stage heater there is going to be working!

Two things. It literally is not. And secondly, you wanna try living on top of a Pennine Hill, you softy.

But he wasn't playing to a crowd from Pennine Hill. His audience was a bunch of desert dwellers, such as myself, who are accustomed to 100 degree temps. It would be equivalent to him playing in Phoenix in August, without air conditioning on stage or in the venue, and you were in attendance. You would be miserable at best. Passed out from heat exhaustion, most likely.

I suppose he wanted to protect his throat (no funny remarks please!), and perhaps if he had gone on stage he would have ended up cancelling more concerts. However.... could he not just wear a coat or scarf or something? In The Smiths early days they must have played cold crappy rooms and survived.

Well, the audience was willing to endure it - Morrissey could have stepped up a bit.

Why? Because he sang "Brexit" at Maida Vale? He didn't. If you look closely he did not once form his lips to say a word with "B". Guess some people are so obsessed with Brexit that they see it everywhere. Oh and I'm 100% serious.
He did say Brexit. And he also did say Brexit at the last show he did. Who knows what is on the actual studio version... :D

If anyone is interested, it's DAMN COLD over here in the UK too - about 3-5 degrees (centigrade) currently.

I didn't think so !

Viva Morrissey,
Hazard
x

Sorry for the fans.
Hope for you that the show will be postponed as it's announced.
I am sure that Morrissey will keep this promise as he already did for others gigs.
But not easy for the most distant fans to schedule another gig into their agenda.

News tomorrow from Inner Edge Music :

https://www.facebook.com/inneredgem...aQPHSSrIMri0ks0Fap0Riuj6pGAV7bs2yydtYLHBDI7C4

We’re sad to report that the “Morrissey curse” is very much alive and well as Morrissey Official cancelled his show at 8:15pm, after the show was suppose to start. As you can see, [statement corrected 11/6 at 10:37am for accuracy] not all of the instruments present during soundcheck (drum kits, gong, mics) were present on stage nor were any set lists, indicating that there was perhaps no intention to perform at all. Was this facade maintained in order to sell merch and drinks at the venue as a last minute attempt at recouping expenses? We talked to house security and got some interesting info. Making matters worse, from a public safety perspective, Vina Robles Amphitheatre promptly ushered the audience out of the venue, despite many people who had been drinking in anticipation of the show who were in desperate need of sobering up before being put back on the road. Stay tuned for our investigative article to be posted tomorrow..

Making matters worse, from a public safety perspective, Vina Robles Amphitheatre promptly ushered the audience out of the venue, despite many people who had been drinking in anticipation of the show who were in desperate need of sobering up before being put back on the road.

I actually had this same thought.

I actually had this same thought.
Spare a thought to every time I went to a rave in the 90's, necked an E or a hit of LSD, only to have the damn cops bust the party at midnight! Try driving home while you watch your steering wheel turn into a basket of live cobras while you're also trying to blow your whistle in time to the Altern 8 song coming from the tape deck!

Sorry for the fans.
Hope for you that the show will be postponed as it's announced.
I am sure that Morrissey will keep this promise as he already did for others gigs.
But not easy for the most distant fans to schedule another gig into their agenda.

News tomorrow from Inner Edge Music :

https://www.facebook.com/inneredgem...aQPHSSrIMri0ks0Fap0Riuj6pGAV7bs2yydtYLHBDI7C4

We’re sad to report that the “Morrissey curse” is very much alive and well as Morrissey Official cancelled his show at 8:15pm, after the show was suppose to start. As you can see, [statement corrected 11/6 at 10:37am for accuracy] not all of the instruments present during soundcheck (drum kits, gong, mics) were present on stage nor were any set lists, indicating that there was perhaps no intention to perform at all. Was this facade maintained in order to sell merch and drinks at the venue as a last minute attempt at recouping expenses? We talked to house security and got some interesting info. Making matters worse, from a public safety perspective, Vina Robles Amphitheatre promptly ushered the audience out of the venue, despite many people who had been drinking in anticipation of the show who were in desperate need of sobering up before being put back on the road. Stay tuned for our investigative article to be posted tomorrow..

Paradise Papers, Hollywood harassers and now this earth-shattering expose. I can hardly wait.

I was wondering how the venue could be so sure to announce it would be "postponed" for 2018. But I was thinking maybe they just said that initially, with the hopes that it can be postponed rather than refunding tickets. I can't imagine Morrissey & the tour manager, etc. would already at this point agree to re-do the show there next year, unless that was somehow in the contract if he cancelled. I'm hoping they will just refund.

I drove 3 hours and got there at 11am. Met lots of nice people in line and a photographer from the New York Times was there interviewing and taking pictures for a piece on Morrissey fans set to appear in the Sunday Style section on the 26th. Lots of people were talking with fond memories of the Santa Barbara show exactly one year ago.

Now that was a great show. I’m hoping for another SB Bowl show in the future. I recall a post on SER’s Facebook a while back stating that he was editing a live video of that gig. That would be great, but I won’t hold my breath.

Im still of the opinion that this is the venues fault. I bet he showed up at 6 and they said they were working on the issue and he said he isnt going to sit around in an unheated venue call me if it gets straightened out. He is not going to risk an entire tour on a new album for something like this. The venue is the one that took this to the very last min.

Excuses are like assholes everyone got one. It’s a f***ing heater he can toss on a f***ing jacket and perform or buy some heaters at the local Walmart and put them around stage also it didn’t stop his fans from putting on jackets and paying money to go see his ass. It’s people and fans like you that enable his diva attitude where he can cancel shows on fans on whim because he doesn’t feel like doing the show.

Very nice thing... No show, but you can spend your money at the merchandising :rolleyes:
What is the more important? Love or money?..... The love of money of course.

Are you trying to say Morrissey loves money because he lets his fans by the merchandise before canceling or are you saying something else?

It was quite cold to be standing there waiting for him. Maybe we're not all acclimated to freezing weather like you are, but that's not our problem. He has to think about his voice, & it's very risky for a singer to perform & sweat in the cold. It could lead to a cancellation of both Hollywood Bowl shows had he got a cough or chest cold. That would be very selfish of us to wish that upon him. I drove 3 hours there & back. But I'll be driving over 6 hours to still see him at the Hollywood Bowl. I'll be happy he won't be sick to do both those shows. And, I bet you anything they're testing & making sure the stage heater there is going to be working!

Moz got a cold because of the freezing temperatures in the Letterman studio. Every fan knows by now how easily he catches a cold or something similar.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom