Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

:rage:

it only seems so because skinny and the hate trolls said so.:blushing:
Moz and the true fans never said such a thing. so the domino
flaps down on the skinny side.:straightface:
melvin is sure to soon contribute to your cause.:blushing:
I couldn't care less what Skinny says. Nor should you be so occupied with him. Let's use our own brains. When I said that it seems that Moz seems to be in a dark place, I based that on statements, interviews and lyrics. He has been very open with his bouts with depression before.

I couldn't care less what Skinny says. Nor should you be so occupied with him. Let's use our own brains. When I said that it seems that Moz seems to be in a dark place, I based that on statements, interviews and lyrics. He has been very open with his bouts with depression before.
Morrissey has worse enemies than uncleskinny to consider. Russell Brand

I reckon when is the delusional fantasy ever going to end with you people? When California Son is in his grave at Hollywood Forever, you delusional "fans" are still going to be here with fantasy questions like "Is California Son in LA?" I reckon the ironic thing is that no one from Moz Angeles really cares that he was born in LA. He has been jamming with Chad Smith and John Frusciante almost every day down at Sunset Sound since chinese subspecies virus, which I have stated here multiple times.

Stop saying words like Altrichechciham. California Son Junior is in Tennessee with his model girlfriend. The landscape of Tennessee does look like Brittin and rightfully so since that is where a lot of British immigrants settled in the 1700's and worked the fields as slaves to America. Stop equating music with nationalism because you have no culture. You stole Blues music and called it your own in the 60's and 70s, and you stole the Byrds guitar sound and called it your own in 80's and 90's and you kidnapped California Son and tried to make him your own along with other Americans Jimi Hendrix, Chrissie Hynde, Terrance Trent D'Arby...the list goes on. He calls himself CALIFORNIA SON. I reckon wake up and go home!! c*** tit twat Altrichecheccham fek'll chipper curry inn nn n n nn nn n n n n it.

Fark Arse

I thought he'd gotten over it!

Moz has mentioned Nigel Farage 3 times - the first time he slagged him off for being a Royalist, the second time he said the exact same thing about George Galloway in the same sentence & the third time Sam asked him if he was a supporter & he said no.

Anyone who cherry-picks his statements to turn that into an endorsement is a rubbish journalist or reading rubbish journalism (same for Tweeters).

🙄
Nerak the voice of reason
Bang on brother 👍

I reckon when is the delusional fantasy ever going to end with you people? When California Son is in his grave at Hollywood Forever, you delusional "fans" are still going to be here with fantasy questions like "Is California Son in LA?" I reckon the ironic thing is that no one from Moz Angeles really cares that he was born in LA. He has been jamming with Chad Smith and John Frusciante almost every day down at Sunset Sound since chinese subspecies virus, which I have stated here multiple times.

Stop saying words like Altrichechciham. California Son Junior is in Tennessee with his model girlfriend. The landscape of Tennessee does look like Brittin and rightfully so since that is where a lot of British immigrants settled in the 1700's and worked the fields as slaves to America. Stop equating music with nationalism because you have no culture. You stole Blues music and called it your own in the 60's and 70s, and you stole the Byrds guitar sound and called it your own in 80's and 90's and you kidnapped California Son and tried to make him your own along with other Americans Jimi Hendrix, Chrissie Hynde, Terrance Trent D'Arby...the list goes on. He calls himself CALIFORNIA SON. I reckon wake up and go home!! c*** tit twat Altrichecheccham fek'll chipper curry inn nn n n nn nn n n n n it.

Fark Arse

Moz has mentioned Nigel Farage 3 times - the first time he slagged him off for being a Royalist, the second time he said the exact same thing about George Galloway in the same sentence & the third time Sam asked him if he was a supporter & he said no.

Anyone who cherry-picks his statements to turn that into an endorsement is a rubbish journalist or reading rubbish journalism (same for Tweeters).

🙄
Nerak the voice of reason
Bang on brother

Moz has mentioned Nigel Farage (Edit) 4! times - the first time he slagged him off for being a Royalist, the second time he said the exact same thing about George Galloway in the same sentence, (Edit) then he said he'd killed UKIP, & the fourth time Sam asked him if he was a supporter & he said no.

🙄
Game, shot, and the match to Karen....
You’ve stitched that c*** up like a kipper😇😇😇

Drums only, I would say. He's played on a lot of records that Watt has produced.

Since Watt is often credited as musician (guitar, bass, keyboards etc.) and composer in addition to producing, I wonder if he might have contributed something in those areas as well.

The whole affair creates the impression of bringing in the big guns to ensure a hit record. Or at least to charm a label into signing him, I guess (if that hasn't happened yet). Not a move I expected (or hoped for) but it makes sense for him.
They didn’t know Watt would be a Grammy winner when they picked him but he produced 2 of the 5 most streamed albums of 2020 (Spotify).

I'm not familiar with most of his work, I think I've only heard the Miley Cyrus record and the Ozzy album he did, so I can't really imagine what to expect from this collaboration but I'm very relieved and excited (as well as a bit shocked) that Morrissey has been working on new material and that's the most important thing for now.

good points. I’m sure it was in his mind that a hit producer may help
sell his recordings to a label. And changes are welcome... new producer, new drummer which can really make or break a song. And of course Iggy! ...

Can’t wait for more news!

I wonder if Chad didn’t have to sign a confidentiality agreement?
or maybe Morrissey hoped that someone would slip and spill the new beans.

Bring on the Morrissey/Dua Lipa duet!

You’ve been spending more time than usual on solo, have you lost your connection to ‘the real life’ ?
as you like to call it. Not trying to argue with you, I’m honestly worried about you.

Again, hypothetically, the world has been relatively landlocked for a year+, Morrissey is known to have last been seen in a US hotel which is less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound...
The main band are all spread everywhere and only a couple are in Ca. Matt is over on the East coast and Chad is in and out of Sunset Sound constantly - so available.
Not a huge leap to see how this may have come about.
Any information either way will appear here as soon as it surfaces.
FWD.
So
Again, hypothetically, the world has been relatively landlocked for a year+, Morrissey is known to have last been seen in a US hotel which is less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound...
The main band are all spread everywhere and only a couple are in Ca. Matt is over on the East coast and Chad is in and out of Sunset Sound constantly - so available.
Not a huge leap to see how this may have come about.
Any information either way will appear here as soon as it surfaces.
FWD.
source for his last sighting? :-D please

Boz is credited with playing 6 instruments and arranging strings on the album.
He was present throughout the recording sessions including Sunset for finishing.
I'm not sure reduced writing automatically indicates a reduced role?
Boz is only credited for arranging strings on one song, 'Jim Jim Falls'. He only performs an actual instrument on 7 out of 11 songs, only plays guitar on 4 tracks and doesn't get a single writing credit. I'm sure he was around and had a fair bit of influence just being there, but he's definitely had a refuced involvement recently, to the extent where I'm not sure it would be a massive loss if he didn't appear on the next album at all, at least to the extent we all noticed the difference as listeners.

My point wasn't that Boz wasn't involved at all, just that any enforced absence due to travel restrictions etc doesn't seem like it would be that big a deal anymore.

good points. I’m sure it was in his mind that a hit producer may help
sell his recordings to a label. And changes are welcome... new producer, new drummer which can really make or break a song.

I don't like changes. At all. That's not to say that I expect it to be bad, but I had just got used to Chiccarelli (ofter four records, lol) and I really don't know what to make of this Watt guy. I'll have to listen to more of his work, but most of the stuff he's done is not my cup of tea, so it's a bit difficult.
I also fear that Morrissey has unrealistic expectations in terms of sales that probably won't be met, for a number of reasons, and that will lead into the familiar spiral of disappointment and recriminations etc., and I wish he wouldn't do that to himself again. I could be completely wrong though.
I, personally, would have hoped for a less commercial approach, weirder, more experimental, but it's really too early to comment on that further, because we have no idea what the record's gonna sound like.

As for Chad, I'm happy with his involvement, although of course I would have preferred Matt.

And of course Iggy! ...

Can’t wait for more news!

It's funny, lately I'd been thinking about Morrissey and his influences and heroes and thought that there's only a few he hasn't paid tribute to in the form of cover versions and Iggy is one of them. And I was wondering if the fact that he's still very much alive and active had anything to do with this omission.
And now we'll hear them together! That's so exciting. I hope we'll get a statement written by him personally next week...

I wonder if Chad didn’t have to sign a confidentiality agreement?
or maybe Morrissey hoped that someone would slip and spill the new beans.

Maybe. I think Chad just accidentally blabbed. Fascinating that nobody noticed for a month. I've looked at some RHCP fan sources and they didn't report it either.

🧐
very shifty salsa, moz has not said he is a 'dark place' thats pure skinny talk read here salsa
:handpointdown:
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other,Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

I don't like changes. At all. That's not to say that I expect it to be bad, but I had just got used to Chiccarelli (ofter four records, lol) and I really don't know what to make of this Watt guy. I'll have to listen to more of his work, but most of the stuff he's done is not my cup of tea, so it's a bit difficult.
I also fear that Morrissey has unrealistic expectations in terms of sales that probably won't be met, for a number of reasons, and that will lead into the familiar spiral of disappointment and recriminations etc., and I wish he wouldn't do that to himself again. I could be completely wrong though.
I, personally, would have hoped for a less commercial approach, weirder, more experimental, but it's really too early to comment on that further, because we have no idea what the record's gonna sound like.

As for Chad, I'm happy with his involvement, although of course I would have preferred Matt.

It's funny, lately I'd been thinking about Morrissey and his influences and heroes and thought that there's only a few he hasn't paid tribute to in the form of cover versions and Iggy is one of them. And I was wondering if the fact that he's still very much alive and active had anything to do with this omission.
And now we'll hear them together! That's so exciting. I hope we'll get a statement written by him personally next week...

Maybe. I think Chad just accidentally blabbed. Fascinating that nobody noticed for a month. I've looked at some RHCP fan sources and they didn't report it either.

I think he's quite realistic really - looking at the correspondence 🙄 it seems the huge battle is that they want him to do normal levels of personal publicity & he wants them to spend money on plugging & adverts.

He needs to hire someone *wails into void*.

He needs to be doing a full UK tour,
In smaller venues instead of 3-4 large arena gigs then 4king off back to shitty shoot em if they are Black or young land...
This constantly touring America land has ruined his career in Uk..

He needs to (himself) raise his profile dramatically in the UK
And charm the chinos off every 4ker..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom