Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

Brilliant. He even called it a "Morrissey album" and that he "did all the tracks for that". If he'd said 'record' I'd be worried it could be a single or something. I doubt if he would joke about it either so I'm fairly confident Moz has or is in the process of having a new album recorded. God knows when we'll see it though (i.e. nobody knows).
Perhaps a certain someone has mastered paywalls? Having done the hard and costly labour, why bother with a major record label now? The promotion of everything since Quarry has been lacklustre.

Quiet guys Moz will listen to me and tell those of us who love him, if that version (new album Moz) Mozuliss listens to me you will see:p:p:highfive::highfive:

Come to think of it, Jesse was the only band
member playin' on What Kind Of People...
Bass was Sean Hurley.
Drums was Victor Indrizzo.

Matt played percussions!

Assuming (completely hypothetically) Chad's mention of Andrew Watt is relevant, some of his work includes:
More thorough list at AllMusic.
He won producer of the year at the Grammys 2021.
Could be interesting to say the least.
FWD

That's a pretty big-time US Pop-crop; major star Wattage.
Real hardcore, Everything-sounds-the-same-when-it's-coming-out-of-your-Air-Pods-type production.
Pricey though.
Is this The Kid's one last shot at the Big Time?

í know it's just drums, and the dude kinda looks like Mel Brooks & Will Ferrell's love child, but í absolutely cannot f***ing abide the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Loathed them since day one. Bunch of junkie surfer jock skidmarks. Having been foisted in total vain on the British music audience for 5 years straight by 'aficionados' like Jonathan King {as the 'edgy' version of REO Speedwagon?} í always saw them, with some small flicker of national pride, as a combo that would never succeed on these shores. When they 'broke' in the mid-90s, something key in this country, and in me, died. We could now be bought off by anybody, even these dufus muppets...

But...
Yay Iggy...? :highfive:

I reckon I knew you were going to post that from California Son Junior's FB. Just because it says "one Central Altrinchahchem" doesn't mean he is in wherever that place is. I would pay more attention to his Dodger hat for evidence as to where he is. California Son Junior falls into the same category as California Son now in terms of delusional stalkers, so it is meant to throw you off. You people really need to wake up and stop using them as characters in your delusional fantasies.

Watt has certainly produced a lot of shyte

Iggy did an amazing job on New Order’s last album on the song Stray Dog. Bernard wrote the lyrics but Iggy delivered them amazingly!

new moz album with iggy pop>:gun: 🪠🪠🪠<skinny hate trolls

:rofl:

Perhaps a certain someone has mastered paywalls? Having done the hard and costly labour, why bother with a major record label now? The promotion of everything since Quarry has been lacklustre.
The promotion has been fine. The problem is that in publicly supporting For Britain, Marine le Pen, Tommy Robinson, Ann Waters, Nigel farage and the far-right, Morrissey has turned himself into the world's most toxic pop singer. Over half his fanbase has deserted him and all the radio stations that used to play his (new) songs have withdrawn their support. Blaming his downfalls on lack of record company promotion is ludicrous.

If Boz can't join the studio recording sessions due to the circumstances, then we can probably expect one of those rumors that he has left the band :) .
Boz was absent from a huge chunk of IANADOAC anyway, so I doubt we'd notice that much. That said, these days we live in a world where it's quite feasible for people to record in different countries - Boz could just record a few overdubs from home and email 'em over.

í know it's just drums, and the dude kinda looks like Mel Brooks & Will Ferrell's love child,
This is a major aside, but Chad Smith’s resemblance to Will Ferrell has been a running gag on Jimmy Fallon’s late night show here. Will and Chad were even guests at the same time once to make fun of that fact and had a “drum-off.” :)

Last edited:
The promotion has been fine. The problem is that in publicly supporting For Britain, Marine le Pen, Tommy Robinson, Ann Waters, Nigel farage and the far-right, Morrissey has turned himself into the world's most toxic pop singer. Over half his fanbase has deserted him and all the radio stations that used to play his (new) songs have withdrawn their support. Blaming his downfalls on lack of record company promotion is ludicrous.
And pricks like you can’t wait to stick the unwanted oar in....
Any scrap of positive news , and your here with the negative nonsense.....
Thinking your clever,
Thinking your amusing...
Your neither...
Do your self a favour and seek employment....
It might just give you some much needed focus....

Boz is credited with playing 6 instruments and arranging strings on the album.
He was present throughout the recording sessions including Sunset for finishing.
I'm not sure reduced writing automatically indicates a reduced role?
The additions to That's Entertainment may well have been 'phoned in' due to him having access to a recording studio amidst pandemic/covid issues worldwide preventing many from travelling or accessing a host of 'nonessential' facilities.
Similarly, anything new without him on is more likely because he's supporting his 'long covid'-suffering wife in a new property which is being refurbished in Portugal - where travel restrictions have only just started to ease more than perhaps anything else?
Regards,
FWD.

It makes you wonder why a major announcement like this doesn’t come from Morrissey first? Why do we find out about it through Chad?

It makes you wonder why a major announcement like this doesn’t come from Morrissey first? Why do we find out about it through Chad?
Good question. I don't think it was meant to be an "announcement" as much as Chad just saying what he was up to recently. Of course b/c Morrissey has said nothing it serves as an announcement of sorts. Maybe this will prompt Morrissey to say something now?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom