Peta

maybe so but i dont see a lot of organizations doing or accomplishing what they do. im sure they exist but its not like peta has many rivals so i take the good out of it that i can

maybe so but i dont see a lot of organizations doing or accomplishing what they do. im sure they exist but its not like peta has many rivals so i take the good out of it that i can

I think Compassion In World Farming are terrific.

P.

problem is ive no idea who they are. dont doubt that they do good work but there is something to be said for sparking some interest nationally in a person that might not be looking or involved and i only see peta having that profile name. personally i do dog rescue and will now shameless put a shout out for barcs in baltimore city and the mid ataltic pup association. both good groups

Some PETA campaigns and ads can come across as lacking in taste and subtlety, however they make a valid point. Those who have a speciesist attitude toward non-human animals (discrimination on the basis of ones species) may find that billboard offensive. I personally do not. To me there is no difference between a murdered human or a murdered animal. I recognize that non-human animals have a right to life just as human animals do. Others may disagree and put their lives on a pedestal above other animals. PETA is challenging these assumptions and in my opinion good on them for doing so.

Some PETA campaigns and ads can come across as lacking in taste and subtlety, however they make a valid point. Those who have a speciesist attitude toward non-human animals (discrimination on the basis of ones species) may find that billboard offensive. I personally do not. To me there is no difference between a murdered human or a murdered animal. I recognize that non-human animals have a right to life just as human animals do. Others may disagree and put their lives on a pedestal above other animals. PETA is challenging these assumptions and in my opinion good on them for doing so.

Oh dear

I'm vegan and I'm against speciesism but I think PETA has done more to hurt animal rights than to help. If anyone is interested in animal rights/veganism, check out Gary Francione. This video is a good start, and he discusses PETA a little bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIcRDen6PEU

PETA certainly does divide people in the animal rights community. I like Gary Francione's message but I haven't found non-veg people to be very receptive to his style. That being said I am very happy for the work he does. I went vegan 10 years ago because of PETA. Many of my friends also made the change due to images or footage they saw on PETA websites. I have definitely grown out of their type of activism. For farmed animal issues I am a big fan of Mercy For Animals. They do great work.

Did somebody say Peeta?
Peeta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom