Pete Burns has died

Celebrity Big Brother star Pete Burns dies aged 57 - Metro

Excerpt:

Singer Pete Burns has died aged 57 from a heart attack.

The 57-year-old, from Wirral, Merseyside, was last seen on TV screens on Celebrity Botched Up Bodies last month.

His death was announced on his Twitter page by his management.

Related item:
Morrissey and Pete Burns on the cover of Smash Hits, Oct. 1985

39271_Morrissey-and-pete-burns-.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How many monkeys died for his fur coat? Be interested to see if Morrissey can overlook his animal rights stance, and say anything pleasant about his ex-friend now, or whether he has been 'sent to Coventry' along with David Bowie.

How many monkeys died for his fur coat? Be interested to see if Morrissey can overlook his animal rights stance, and say anything pleasant about his ex-friend now, or whether he has been 'sent to Coventry' along with David Bowie.

I don't know how many coats. Didn't count them. And if I did I wished I hadn't.
I think he can even without a statement on tty.
Do you really think it is possible to avoid all people who could or might not be meateaters or furwearers before you actually know?
And even in hindsight it is pretty difficult.

How would that be possible? You can condemn people and avoid contact but if that are the criteria you can't get out off your bed.

Maybe there are people who would appreciate that but than they would complain that he lost it and wonder where he would be, and so on and so forth. Set list not right, cause missing.

57 is no age to go.
The CBB appearance / monkey coat didn't help him much, but he wasn't that bad as 'celebrities' go.
I'm sure I read about a night where Moz, M. Almond & Pete ended up in a restaurant... Must dig it out sometime.
The dysmorphia / cosmetic 'bodges' will probably define him, but the music wasn't all bad.
Pete discussing surgery:

Regards,
RIP,
FWD

"I bought a fur coat, that's what happened to my friendship with Morrissey. It was a very expensive fur coat from Japan made from genetically engineered something-or-others that'd had their spines lengthened (howling with laughter) so the pelts didn't have to be cut to make a floor length coat. I thought it was hilarious. He started sending me letters saying, "wear that coat and your windows are in", and I sent him letters back that were a lot nastier. We kind of drifted apart over a fur coat really, but I'd still rather have a fur coat. I have a great admiration for his work and for him, but I think when you like someone's work or principles, it doesn't mean that you have to be their best friend. He was great."

Poor Pete Burns. A clearly troubled individual. He was on a downward spiral for years. I don't even think he owned the rights to his own music anymore and had to demean himself by appearing on every low rent TV show going.
"You Spin Me 'Round..." was great but I can't remember much else being.
He did seem to think he was a great musical innovator but it was Stock, Faceache and Waterbed who made Dead or Alive successful really.
This song "Far Too Hard" is very very Morrisseyesque. "Never ever make it with your own reflection..." Mmmm

Wow thanks for this, I've been listening constantly to it. Morrissey crossed with jens lekman for mine. A lovely track.

I doubt he will unless he can rant about fur.

Here's something I've wanted to say about not mentioning Bowie. Has it ever occurred to people that Bowie's death was such a shock, such a heart stopping moment that he just can't cope with it? He's stuck his head in the sand before (see: Smiths breakup).

I don't think I would have words if Morrissey left this unhappy planet, just a river of tears and all the accouterments. (Kleenex will make a killing.) I doubt I'd ever be able to speak about him intelligibly ever again.

lmao or maybe he won't forgive and forget about the falling out he had with Bowie? because you know Morrissey likes to hold grudges. i think that's what really happened. Thanks for making me laugh tho

Rip Peter :straightface:

Last edited:
Do you think Moz will do a cover of 'You Spin Me Right Round' at the next concert?

Do you think Moz will do a cover of 'You Spin Me Right Round' at the next concert?

I feel like if he was gonna do a cover he do something more obscure. Everyone k law that song so maybe he'd do one that shows another side of him or his talent

Sad news. I thought Dead or Alive's Nude album was an underappreciated gem. I just happened to listen to some of it a few weeks back.

No wonder his heart gave out! He was an evil, disturbed psychopath.

"I bought a fur coat, that's what happened to my friendship with Morrissey. It was a very expensive fur coat from Japan made from genetically engineered something-or-others that'd had their spines lengthened (howling with laughter) so the pelts didn't have to be cut to make a floor length coat. I thought it was hilarious. He started sending me letters saying, "wear that coat and your windows are in", and I sent him letters back that were a lot nastier. We kind of drifted apart over a fur coat really, but I'd still rather have a fur coat. I have a great admiration for his work and for him, but I think when you like someone's work or principles, it doesn't mean that you have to be their best friend. He was great."

Boy George is going to foot the bill for Pete's funeral, it seems he died penniless.
What a kind gesture, what a friend !
Respect to you George your kindness has really touched me.
R I P Pete

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom