Pete Doherty - The Fantasy Life Of Poetry & Crime

A

Anonymous

The album is called The Fantasy Life Of Poetry & Crime

This track is fab!

maybe not as much as Gene, but his
Moz influence is obvious, wish folk
would shoot for something a little more original. No offense to those that actually enjoy listening to this stuff.

maybe not as much as Gene, but his
Moz influence is obvious, wish folk
would shoot for something a little more original. No offense to those that actually enjoy listening to this stuff.

Hey! You've been reading my thread in General. You don't hear Morrissey's influence on every Doherty song. Saying so is nonsense. If you look on YouTube, you'll find a load of songs that Pete has covered. From The Beatles to Talking Heads to Manic Street Preachers to The Stone Roses (which is a f***ing great version btw), etc.

Hey! You've been reading my thread in General. You don't hear Morrissey's influence on every Doherty song. Saying so is nonsense.

I didn’t say that.

I said the opposite in my post actually. Lol.

Hey! You've been reading my thread in General. You don't hear Morrissey's influence on every Doherty song.

Yes, and that’s the problem.

I didn’t say that.

I said the opposite in my post actually. Lol.

Yes, and that’s the problem.

Also, this is one of the best records of the 21st Century. I can't hear any Morrissey influence on this track.
The lyrics are f***ing brilliant.

Hey! You've been reading my thread in General. You don't hear Morrissey's influence on every Doherty song. Saying so is nonsense. If you look on YouTube, you'll find a load of songs that Pete has covered. From The Beatles to Talking Heads to Manic Street Preachers to The Stone Roses (which is a f***ing great version btw), etc.

I agree, he isn't Gene like the other person said but Gene was just a pathetic indie band, that sounded like a retard listening to M and trying to copy it , what they ended up with was dross- like comparing the Ruttles to the Beatles, with less sense of humour

Pete is another matter entirely. Pete is probably Englands (of course like most of us Brits, he's part Irish) most poetic pop person since M.
He makes no bones about the fact he is a huge M fan- he is part of that Kinks, Jam, Smiths/Morrissey , Suede linage

He isn't a folk artist, as was implied above, you would have to quite simply know nothing about music, to say Pete is like Gene and to come up with that folk comment
He has SOME folk, but the rest is way beyond that. Listen to his great Last Of The English Roses song , There is no way on Earth that is folk,
Morrissey has done all that Englishness stuff but its a shame he doesn't return to that again- " knows her Kappa from her Rebooks"

@ Dirk 👍

Another release here. I love the playful feel to this. And the f***ing melody is beautiful!

f***! Hope he's ok.

"Pete Doherty requires “immediate treatment” following “respiratory infection”"

I see he's due to play for an animal shelter tomorrow so he's hopefully back on his paws.:) Would totally go but it's too far.

He seems to be in the same region as Johnny's favourite painter. Can't blame them, it's lovely there. I plan to retire there as well...

Chercher le good boyyy ;)

Me, Pete, I lead a life of Snacking and Napping and I suspect you have a double life in that area as well. Maybe we could call Johnny and ask him to train us for a marathon. Maybe he can save us from cheese. :tears:

( ^ Going full Maurice, I see! Always better than going full Morrissey! :thumb:)

Back
Top Bottom