Pete Shelley has died

Oh no.

Pete Shelley.

Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63 - BBC News
Buzzcocks lead singer Pete Shelley has died at 63 of a suspected heart attack.

45233_pete_shelley.jpg

Link to Morrissey's cover of "You Say You Don't Love Me" by The Buzzcocks posted by Surface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely heartbroken by this news, was only talking to him back in March and was really looking forward to seeing the band at the Royal Albert Hall next year.

Absolutely heartbroken by this news, was only talking to him back in March and was really looking forward to seeing the band at the Royal Albert Hall next year.
I decided against going to Castlefield Bowl back in July when Buzzcocks replaced Elvis Costello, I was fed up with that weekend which had promised so much and to my mind then had delivered nothing, oh hindsight is a marvellous thing, if only ....

Can't believe the news about Pete Shelley. Only 63. This is definitely due a Moz missive.

This is sad news. Ill never forget my parents reaction when I went through a stage of playing Orgasm Addict, non- stop. Shame that the Buzzcocks name became so indelibly linked to a second rate TV show.

RIP. I'll leave others to debate why this is important news. But. It is.
Everybody's Happy Nowadays...

I think my initial response of "For f***'s sake, why???" sums it up. What an utter bummer for the fans, and true grief for his loved ones.

This is sad news. Ill never forget my parents reaction when I went through a stage of playing Orgasm Addict, non- stop. Shame that the Buzzcocks name became so indelibly linked to a second rate TV show.
I only tried playing it once, found it alright for kicks.

Just heard the news. Can't believe it only sixty three. R I P Pete and thank you for the music :clap:
(You came to mind straight away Surface, I saw a post of yours earlier about seeing them next year. Just remember the good times and memories and play em out loud in the car :thumb:)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

pete shelley rip,another one gone.heart attack in Estonia.

pete shelley rip,another one gone.heart attack in Estonia.
f***. Really? That’s a loss. Gotta play some Buzzcocks tomorrow. Moz is gonna be devastated.

Just heard the news. Can't believe it only sixty three. R I P Pete and thank you for the music :clap:
(You came to mind straight away Surface, I saw a post of yours earlier about seeing them next year. Just remember the good times and memories and play em out loud in the car :thumb:)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yes am totally stunned by the news, had so many great nights with him and the band over the last 40 years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom