Peter Katsis statement: "All this over a pin?" - Morrissey Official FB (24 May, 2019)

"All this over a pin?

Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions.

Morrissey has never been affiliated with any political party in the past. Morrissey has never voted in his life, and is not a member of any political party.

Morrissey opposes racism, hatred and press censorship. Morrissey believes in free speech and free expression and opposes totalitarian regimes. Morrissey has only ever met two political figures - Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair.

Morrissey currently wears lapel pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde.

Morrissey is quite used to smear campaigns from the UK press. It is nothing new for us.

Thanks to the fans the CS record is currently # 2 at HMV today. And thanks to Merseyrail for all the extra press today!

A great holiday weekend to all. - PK."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Make an argument against Nationalism. Provider evidence For Britain is racist
Didn't say they were, I said Nigel Farage thinks they are. Nothing inherently wrong with nationalism, I suppose. It's a pretty broad term that can be applied to a lot of aspects of politics in different ways. Again, didn't say there was anything wrong with it, so not sure why you're quoting me.

The lefties claimed that white male nationalists are always offended or feel offended but that was just a lefties trick cause the only offended white men are the soy boy children of the quorn out there with neck beards whose longest relationship was with a Nintendo that they switched off in a rage when they lost.

The swede have you all sussed out!

Oh pin don't come to my jacket tonight
oh pin oh pin
cause there will be a leftie there who'll shed a tear
oh pin oh pin

<os dedicated LIHS to a black person. So, yes, it is just a pin. He wears othe rpins too
Didn't say he was racist, but that he supports a party that Nigel Farage, himself no stranger to accusations of racism, calls racist. I'd have to give Moz the benefit of the doubt and assume he's not racist, as I generally tend to do with people who haven't flat out proven themselves to be. But dedicating a record to a black person doesn't vaccinate you against racism. You can get along with African Americans but hate people from the Middle East. You can have a few black mates, but generally judge people based on their ethnicity. The American far right often supports Israel – not because they don't dislike Jews, but because they dislike Arabs more, and Israel "defending the holy land" fits into their Christian fundamentalist narrative.

People of all races, and of all religious beliefs (or lack thereof) commit rape, child abuse and murder. It is not a matter of race or religion. To single out any group of people, for their race or religion, is something that the past should tell us is the gravest of mistakes.

You missed the point. I was shinning light on the other posters hypocrisy on implying Nationalists commit violence and hate in broad strokes while decrying criticism of Islam as racism. That being said, Islam is far more guilty of promoting that behavior than the concept of Nationalism

Didn't say they were, I said Nigel Farage thinks they are. Nothing inherently wrong with nationalism, I suppose. It's a pretty broad term that can be applied to a lot of aspects of politics in different ways. Again, didn't say there was anything wrong with it, so not sure why you're quoting me.

Your quote "But hey man, it's just a pin. I guess a swastika is just an ancient Buddhist symbol as well right. I'll always have a place for Moz in my heart, but he's either completely lost the plot, or is trying too hard to stay relevant despite his career being on a serious downward spiral, both in terms of quality and public interest." You very much implied they were by comparing the For Britain pin tothe Nazi swatstika. So if that's what you believe i would like you to make your case

Justifying bigotry. Nice.

I won't go over the old links, but if he did his homework, he'd be horrified he even began to type that paragraph.

And to all those saying Morrissey had softened and mollified following that statement yesterday - how daft do you look now?

And smear campaigns? Last I heard that said it was Nigel Farage after the press had uncovered his funding source. It's either true or it isn't. Smear means nothing.

Shameful attempt at justifying hate and bigotry.

The weird thing is that Morrissey has just released one of his most political albums... Even if they are covers.

The "it's just a pin" statement can be a bit absurd, and probably Morrissey can't review his own album because it would be even more absurd... Though it is damn weird that the press has failed to notice that the album delivers a political message that is openly anti-racist, certainly supporting gays, absolutely playing with the gender roles, and clearly feminist.

The journalists seem to be perplexed by the obvious fact that California Son is probably the most radical left-wing album of the year among the albums that get into the charts...

So, yes... I don't know what the hell they are reviewing, because it's not the obviously left-wing album that Morrissey released (a few of them were upset by the fact that the Dylan cover is undoubtedly against racism).

Other than that: California Son is so incredibly good!!!! A true 10/10 stars!!!

Justifying bigotry. Nice.

I won't go over the old links, but if he did his homework, he'd be horrified he even began to type that paragraph.

And to all those saying Morrissey had softened and mollified following that statement yesterday - how daft do you look now?

And smear campaigns? Last I heard that said it was Nigel Farage after the press had uncovered his funding source. It's either true or it isn't. Smear means nothing.

Shameful attempt at justifying hate and bigotry.

Uncleskinny reckons For Britain are racist but look on their website and nothing is racist from their own lips. They have ex-muslim members!!!!

He uses *Hope Not Hate* articles to prove they are racists without logically thinking that group are massively with a vendetta against For Britain, to an extent that they published photos of leader Anne Marie and actually f***ing cropped black & asian people out the picture because that wouldn't help their vendetta. Why would they need to crop people from photos of other ethnics???? Cos it would prove Anne doesn't give a shit if you are of another colour, she has issue with Islam and sorry uncle but that's a religion not a race. Would u be this upset if she moaned loads about catholic sex abuse.

Hope Not Hate think they are liberal heroes but they are the wanting to shut down anyone they don't like the sound or look of. much like the current loony left people

On the global scale, does this really matter? One little pin. Think about it. It's actually laughable what makes the news these days.
For Britain is not the KKK. They are not killing or persecuting people. And I don't think that Ms Waters is any different from the current president of the US. I've lived 18 years of my life under the Soviet thumb and know what it is to have no voice and no choice. You would be glad to have For Britain (or any other party for that matter) if your country leader was Kim Il Sung, Brezhnev, Husak or Caucescu. Let's be honest here, For Britain will never be a majority government but should have a representative in the governing body, should the people choose to vote for them.

Clearly someone is rattled. Poor Morrisey.

To contest that the backlash has been about a badge is stupid in the extreme.

To then go on to say Morrissey has never voted (why?) knowing he is promoting a political party is just ludicrous. He won't vote but everyone else should - that ego needs taming.

This latest act of racist support has obviously hit record sales. Good!

To list black artists ....well, that's just silly.
He can't be racist because of this list? What a solid argument.

If he isn't racist and doesn't wish to be described as racist then he should stop making racist comments and stop supporting For Britain and the alt-right. Simple.

Uncleskinny reckons For Britain are racist but look on their website and nothing is racist from their own lips. They have ex-muslim members!!!!

He uses *Hope Not Hate* articles to prove they are racists without logically thinking that group are massively with a vendetta against For Britain, to an extent that they published photos of leader Anne Marie and actually f***ing cropped black & asian people out the picture because that wouldn't help their vendetta. Why would they need to crop people from photos of other ethnics???? Cos it would prove Anne doesn't give a shit if you are of another colour, she has issue with Islam and sorry uncle but that's a religion not a race. Would u be this upset if she moaned loads about catholic sex abuse.

Hope Not Hate think they are liberal heroes but they are the wanting to shut down anyone they don't like the sound or look of. much like the current loony left people

Or are racists attempting to shout everyone else down in the name of Morrissey.

The For Britain threads in this forum illustrate the now overt racism of Morrissey's New World Order and its attention seeking acolytes.

To anyone who uses the term loony left - c'mon step into the 21st century. I dare you.

The comments are a joy to read. Glad not everyone’s as blind and arse kissy as those on Solo. I didn’t even handpick these comments, they were just there, on Morrisseys official page, from fans, (well, safe to call them ex fans, now).

That guy “Brian “ is an idiot. If anyone read the article about “ subspecies” part, Moz was saying that he felt the Chinese treated “ANIMALS AS A SUBSPECIES” not the people- for gods sake get it right. And yes, Hitlers agenda was definitely way to the left, far left. The media and public/ ex fans can be just dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
No such thing as bad publicity, obviously.

If there is no such thing as bad publicity then why the statement?

Morrissey is enveloped in yet another racist shit storm. Why? Because he is racist.

Once again he makes racist overtures but claims not to be racist. Why the overtures?

There is such a thing as bad publicity and it's affecting sales.

Cue defensive statement from management which is way too late to dampen the flames.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom