Peter Katsis statement: "All this over a pin?" - Morrissey Official FB (24 May, 2019)

"All this over a pin?

Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions.

Morrissey has never been affiliated with any political party in the past. Morrissey has never voted in his life, and is not a member of any political party.

Morrissey opposes racism, hatred and press censorship. Morrissey believes in free speech and free expression and opposes totalitarian regimes. Morrissey has only ever met two political figures - Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair.

Morrissey currently wears lapel pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde.

Morrissey is quite used to smear campaigns from the UK press. It is nothing new for us.

Thanks to the fans the CS record is currently # 2 at HMV today. And thanks to Merseyrail for all the extra press today!

A great holiday weekend to all. - PK."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy “Brian “ is an idiot. If anyone read the article about “ subspecies” part, Moz was saying that he felt the Chinese treated “ANIMALS AS A SUBSPECIES” not the people- for gods sake get it right. And yes, Hitlers agenda was definitely way to the left, far left. The media and public/ ex fans can be just dumb.

I agree with this, that blog post that was shared months back it had some great points, really put things in perspective for me. Especially the part about the interviewer saying morrissry didn't mean it in a racist way.

The trouble now is he has supported For Britian that are known for being racist and he has supported Ukip and and said he admires Nigel Farage.
I'd say with all the evidence in he may not be racist but he has some right leaning views. The questing is, so what?

Heres the link to the blog I mentioned
https://dailydiarist.wordpress.com/2018/06/26/operation-snide/

But it would be OK if he sang about Thatcher on the chopping block or said the IRA bombings were good..or killers like the krays or said he liked some Negro rap music that hates women and gays.

The left, as they were are dead.
Nice bit of relativism there, especially considering I never defended either. But since you bring it up, criticizing the government, whether Thatcher or Blair or whoever, feels like kicking upwards to me at least. Making light of terror attacks… Not good taste, maybe, but it also felt pretty tongue in cheek re. the IRA bombings. Maybe it wasn’t. I actually defended his Utøya statements, because although they were in awful taste, at least he had a point in that the meat industry destroys the planet and is never going to stand trial, unlike most terrorists. The Kray twins are basically English folklore, and I never felt he really idolized them. Supporting a party that wants to deport immigrants feels like kicking downwards, and is neither funny nor clever. That’s my take. He’s free to do what he likes, and I’m free to feel whichever way about it.

Does anyone know when exactly, Morrissey met Tony Blair, and what were the circumstances of them meeting up ?

Some of my best pins are black. :lbf:

;) sorry! couldn’t resist.

Kidding aside, I agree with your post.

And as Rolling Stone recently summed up his political views quite correctly with just these two words...

‘perplexing politics’

which is much closer to the truth especially when compared to all these false accusations being thrown at him.

Yes, I should shared a blog post that mentions this. As I say it really put things in perspective. You can tell it was the press creating a story.

If anyone is violent or abusive it’s the left. The left can’t debate. Or discuss. Only chant and threaten violence. Pathetic.

It’s not about right or left, it’s about what’s right and wrong. If your conscience tells you it’s ok to support a party that’s racist, then fair enough.

If anyone is violent or abusive it’s the left. The left can’t debate. Or discuss. Only chant and threaten violence. Pathetic.

There are times when I want to debate. But debating with Nazis like you is a waste of time. Instead I'll just say you can go f*** yourself, you racist c***. If that validates your point, I feel equally great about it.

A racist shoutdown. Now that's pathetic.
Why is it the alt-right always considers itself superior? It always has more rights than anyone else?

Reelfountain, perchance?

Reelfountain is an interesting character. And this site has a cast of hundreds.

If I were going to place myself in anyone's back pocket it would be Brummie Boy's. Like Morrissey he has a certain polarizing affect on people that I find entertaining and intriguing.

There are times when I want to debate. But debating with Nazis like you is a waste of time. Instead I'll just say you can go f*** yourself, you racist c***. If that validates your point, I feel equally great about it.

How can you assess someone as a "Nazi" or racist from one comment ?
I suggest you listen to Rabbi Bloom's thought for the day on Today(R4) broadcast last week.

But,then again,nothing seems to alter your rigid way of thinking and your belief in what you say is always correct.

gln6bwoamx121.jpg

If I were going to place myself in anyone's back pocket it would be Brummie Boy's. Like Morrissey he has a certain polarizing affect on people that I find entertaining and intriguing.

you are going to place yourself in BBs "BACK POCKET"!!!??? WTF!:mask:

of all the places to find yourself:flushed:

Every 'controversy' and idiotic thing Morrissey has said or done has been for the sake of publicity.
When the backlash comes - as he knows it will - it simply feeds his persecution complex and the whole cycle starts again.

Ridiculous stunts from a man who must have committed 'career suicide' about 4 times now and still limps on.

Every 'controversy' and idiotic thing Morrissey has said or done has been for the sake of publicity.
When the backlash comes - as he knows it will - it simply feeds his persecution complex and the whole cycle starts again.

Ridiculous stunts from a man who must have committed 'career suicide' about 4 times now and still limps on.

Agreed, Morrissey's persecution complex, narcissistic personality disorder and paranoia was fascinating when he was a beautiful young man singing about how "Unloveable" he was. Now, churning up hate to flog his oldies album, it's not very appealing.

How is it bullshit to disagree with his political leanings? Especially when the parties he’s supporting are built on racial intolerance. I can love his music and still disagree with him. I ain’t gonna agree with him just cost I think the Queen Is Dead is a masterpiece.

@Oh my how is this off topic?

Reelfountain wiil be furious that you have chosen another. She'll deny this, of course, she's a renowned denier.

I hope Brummie Boy appreciates your candour.

The piece by Katsis is utterly pathetic. It's not just about a badge. It's about a formal, public endorsement of a political party widely regarded to stoke hate and racism.

If this is Morrissey's management, ouch!

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom