Philadelphia, PA - NON-COMMvention 2019 (May 14, 2019) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled in tonight's Evening showcases at the NON-COMMvention 2019 in Philadelphia, PA.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Morning Starship / Back On The Chain Gang / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / First Of The Gang To Die / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper

Streaming info posted by Famous when dead:

full

https://www.xpn.org/
(They appear to archive their broadcasts).

full

Related item:

Last edited:
Dammit, I missed the video while it was live. Anyone save it?

Please, do you have deh link for Youtube? Deh oder won was taken down due tue copyright infrigement claimed by deh broadcaster.
Apologies, just noticed the YouTube video has been copyright claimed.
There are a few tracks from the gig on YouTube, but not the whole thing.
Your best bet is to download the HD rip from Dime or my wetransfer link in the downloads section.
If WXPN are claiming YT vids, it might be a while before it appears in full again.
Regards,
FWD.

As expected it was removed... So, no other option for the ones who are not friendly with Torrents, except to download the show from the link below. Be warned, though regarding the size of 3,1GB. Enjoy...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqfifDa-tLGgi5orPVqLh5Ynn5_11A
The HD rip on dime is about 1.5 gb and compresses to just under 1 gb in the link I provided.
Why is this version so large? Is it DVR by any chance? The full copy of the stream itself was exactly what was shared on dime, so just wondering why it's that size?
Regards,
FWD.

Im not sure FWD, I recorded, edited and exported as MP4 1920x1080 10000 bit rate and 320 kbps audio. Maybe I could have done something different to result in a smaller file, but at first I did not intend to share this as a file, so I did not worry about it.

Sooooo... I assume since this was for radio folks, that was why I, being from the Philly area, only heard about this earlier today? I will enjoy Moz's return to the area (when he Comes Back to Camden later this year) but, sadly, from much (much) further away than those lucky folks at World Cafe were.
Did I count two stage invaders?
In that venue, with security tucked away to the sides, there should have been more.
But having been down front to only one show, and stared into the eyes of one of Moz's very pissed off looking and crouched ready to pounce linebackers... I understand why some might refrain.

Has he been doing that sinister laughing at the end of Jack The Ripper for a while now or am I just now noticing it? Either way it’s effective!
Oh yes, it was beautiful!
The build up of the laughter with the effects of the lights making it look like he was standing in lightning... It looked and sounded like something straight out of hell!
Now that's performance art! :rock:

Sooooo... I assume since this was for radio folks, that was why I, being from the Philly area, only heard about this earlier today? I will enjoy Moz's return to the area (when he Comes Back to Camden later this year) but, sadly, from much (much) further away than those lucky folks at World Cafe were.
Did I count two stage invaders?
In that venue, with security tucked away to the sides, there should have been more.
But having been down front to only one show, and stared into the eyes of one of Moz's very pissed off looking and crouched ready to pounce linebackers... I understand why some might refrain.

I'm glad there were not more. Otherwise, it might have ended this amazing performance prematurely.

GabrielaBarbieri_Morrissey_DigitalSmall-7-min.jpg

(Photos: Gabriela Barbieri)

NonCOMM Recap: Morrissey brings theatrics and bombast on opening night

By Thomas Hagen.

Excerpt:

"Morrissey was as cynical, self-obsessed and self-assured as ever at NonCOMM on Tuesday night. “I have to warn you before I begin,” he offered slyly as he took center stage. “I have never in my life been this close to another human being. So If I don’t do something illegal, I will do something extremely… enjoyable.”

The World Cafe Live crowd responded with a roar, and the band burst into a rowdy rendition of “Alma Matters” from Morrissey’s 1997 album Maladjusted. His croon was grave and full-throated, and the band matched his machismo with pounding drums and several wailing guitar solos early in the set. Morrissey strutted across the stage, full of pomp and in his element; he danced with his microphone stand, clapped along to the band, and took every opportunity to denounce his critics, including in song."

https://thekey.xpn.org/2019/05/15/noncomm-morrissey/

A great HQ 20 picture gallery at the end of the article too.

GabrielaBarbieri_Morrissey_DigitalSmall-9-min.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

The sketchy party badge is bothersome, but the sleeveless t-shirts, ugh!!! Is Moz gonna mow the lawn right after the show?
When he was young and fit, he wouldn't be caught dead in such a tacky thing. Now that he is old and 'not fit' he thinks it is an appropriate time to bust out the sleeveless apparel? Odd.

Oh yes, it was beautiful!
The build up of the laughter with the effects of the lights making it look like he was standing in lightning... It looked and sounded like something straight out of hell!
Now that's performance art! :rock:

Just needs to add “oh oh, nobody knows me” and we’ve got the original b-side (lyrically, anyway) in the hat.

M
I totally loved and enjoyed watching Morrissey live. It put a smile on my face. San Diego here we come !!!!

San Diego show is simply too long a wait to see Morrissey and Crew. How about a couple Cali-Son-Special -Shows ? Make that 5 or 6 at least. ...We await your decision Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom