Philadelphia, PA - The Academy of Music (June 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Will Never Marry / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Now My Heart Is Full / Everyday Is Like Sunday / One Of Our Own / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Johnnymel9

• Morrissey @ The Academy of Music, review and photos (34 total) by Mina Lee - JUMP: The Philly Music Project. Link posted by an anonymous person.

philadelphia.jpg

Last edited:
Stop the gay fantasy Damon questions and comments that all you gay guys have with Morrissey. Nancy would kick his ass just based on the comments on this board about Damon's gay lust.

He's not gay. He lives in LA. Anonymous-

That would be my lovely friend Keith. He and another pal whipped out their keys and started cutting the shirt up into pieces. They saved a piece for me. I spotted you and Fred before the show started but I didn't want to be the weirdo who approached you to say I recognized you from the internet. I was in the pit, row DDD center. From the looks of his video, I was quite near Modrevolve.

Anyway, as everyone else already stated, Morrissey delivered a powerhouse performance. His voice was in robust form, bolstered by the venue's crystal clear acoustics. After the disaster of the Firefly set, he seemed headstrong with a chip on his shoulder and a hell of a lot to prove, and that translated to a surprisingly aggressive and high-energy performance, more so than any other time I've seen him. This was the first show in a long time where I wasn't right against the stage, but it didn't matter. The energy of his performance and of the audience was electric. It was nice to see a good number of unfamiliar faces up front, getting a chance to engage with him. He seemed truly grateful to have a rapt audience and made several comments to that effect ("save us from the memory of Delaware," "thank you for your kindness" etc). Philly crowds usually bring it, and while we could have been wilder, we certainly weren't lifeless by any means.

This was also the first time I've left a Morrissey show without hearing complaints about "Meat Is Murder" or his proselytizing. Regardless of whether I agree with all of Morrissey's views or how he chooses to express them, it always baffles me when people complain about this aspect of his live show. He has never been apolitical; whining about being preached to at a Morrissey concert makes as much sense to me as complaining about too many wardrobe changes during a Madonna show, or bemoaning the fact that the Grateful Dead jammed on a song for too long. Politics have always been part and parcel of a Morrissey live show, from the days of the Queen Is Dead signage to the current video projections. Why would people expect anything different? I understand not wanting a lecture as part of a concert experience, but if that's not your bag or you're unable to simply let it in one ear and out the other, Morrissey is the wrong act to see.

Really looking forward to MSG.
Sounds like it was a great show. Regretting I didn't attend now.

I did the same thing with a shirt a few years back at the Bowery Ballroom. He threw it in, a bunch got their hands on it (me included). NOBODY was letting go for at least 5 minutes.....everyone was swaying with the shirt and I was afraid someone would get hurt so I took my keys out.....I cut a small piece off and let go....I think my cutting got it to tear at least into some larger pieces. Getting a whole shirt is rare.

Getting a handshake would be INSANE. I was watching some of the vids from the UK....some people get close and then are pushed aside by security. It would suck to get that close only to be denied!

Was Damon seen during this tour?
I spotted him at the left wing of the stage catching the last few songs of the night. He pops up a couple of times in some of the Firefly footage, too.

Sounds like it was a great show. Regretting I didn't attend now.

I did the same thing with a shirt a few years back at the Bowery Ballroom. He threw it in, a bunch got their hands on it (me included). NOBODY was letting go for at least 5 minutes.....everyone was swaying with the shirt and I was afraid someone would get hurt so I took my keys out.....I cut a small piece off and let go....I think my cutting got it to tear at least into some larger pieces. Getting a whole shirt is rare.

Getting a handshake would be INSANE. I was watching some of the vids from the UK....some people get close and then are pushed aside by security. It would suck to get that close only to be denied!
In Boston last year, a guy behind me caught the shirt and shoved the entire thing down his pants. Good strategy if you're quick enough, I suppose. I never really had aspirations to be a shirt catcher (in fact, I usually hope to hell it isn't thrown anywhere near me because I fear the ensuing chaos), but when my friend offered me a piece I wasn't going to turn it down.

I got handshakes from Morrissey at the last couple of shows I attended and I can tell you that they are firm and very satisfying.

Last edited:
I spotted him at the left wing of the stage catching the last few songs of the night. He pops up a couple of times in some of the Firefly footage, too

Thank you for the reply and for not being cutting about my question. I didn't really search for him at the left or right wing of the stage because I remember someone saying that he always remains backstage. I don't really care about Damon and I don't care about Moz' private life but I just find it reassuring to know that, at least, SOMETHING in Moz' life is constant and solid, be it Linder, Chrissie, some of his bandmates or even Julia.

*sigh* Bread'n'circuses Guy Bedord #SocietyOfTheSpectacle #CultOfMorrissey Like nuns at a shrine to a long-discredited saint they congregate, spinning yards, ululations and eulogies all based on nonsensical reificications. Morrissey is a liar, a fraud, a pseud and a Corpsetarian. His #fans are even worse, the single most deluded cult in popular culture. Thankfully an antidote has emerged in the form of #VegAnarchyInTheUk and, sadly, for sourpuss Morrissey, the cranky bitch from Manchester, #BrummieBoy is easily the most poweful and influential vapour trail in human culture. Forget Elvis. Forget Madonna, nobody of sound mind would even mention Morrissey. Nick Drake perhaps.... but #VegAnarchyInTheUK will finally tell the tale of how and when Morrissey and John Rotten/Lydon met the 'shy bald Buddhist Sabbath acolyte from B10' and how the endless rock'n'roll swindles of decades came crashing like alabaster to the ground.

f*** MORRISSEY
f*** HIS APOLOGISTS
f*** BRUMMIEBOY
f*** PUNKROCK

#VegAnarchyInTheUK
#WelcomeToTheGardenOfVegEireann

etc

~The Ghost Of BrummieBoy
somewhere in Copenhagen, gathering evidence about #DavidTMorrissey

At last - something we can both agree on! f*** BRUMMIEBOY

I sit and I smile and I say well done!

Damon was the first off the tour bus, talking to Moz as he climbed down the stairs, holding his clothes in a suit bag. He was the one who pulled the luggage off the hotel van and placed them into the cargo hold under the tour bus (had I lifted my foot, it would have grazed his bum). He also was the one who brought Morrissey a brown bag of food and left the bus licking his finger.

He was definitely there. :)

I don't know if damon is in fact his lover...... But if that is the case. Then moz stop treating him as a PA that much. Treat him accordingly.

He does not carry his own umbrella...... Too much moz, too much

Does the Queen of England carry her own umbrella? Morrissey is a Diva, a clown, a fraud, but not yet a Klovn. He is entering his downward spiral as an artist. It should be fun to watch, this is just the start of it. Too precious to carry an umbrella? Hilarious. It must be the CANCER!

best
~tHE gHOST OF bb IN kBN

- - - Updated - - -

Damon was the first off the tour bus, talking to Moz as he climbed down the stairs, holding his clothes in a suit bag. He was the one who pulled the luggage off the hotel van and placed them into the cargo hold under the tour bus (had I lifted my foot, it would have grazed his bum). He also was the one who brought Morrissey a brown bag of food and left the bus licking his finger.

He was definitely there. :)

Fascinating! Important! And fools like you tell ME to get a life? Did you smell his sweat? *rolleyes* How old are you? 14?

best
~the Ghost Of BB in KBN

Does the Queen of England carry her own umbrella? Morrissey is a Diva, a clown, a fraud, but not yet a Klovn. He is entering his downward spiral as an artist. It should be fun to watch, this is just the start of it. Too precious to carry an umbrella? Hilarious. It must be the CANCER!

best
~tHE gHOST OF bb IN kBN

- - - Updated - - -

Fascinating! Important! And fools like you tell ME to get a life? Did you smell his sweat? *rolleyes* How old are you? 14?

best
~the Ghost Of BB in KBN

image.jpg enjoy!

Morrissey is a Diva, a clown, a fraud,

Says the sad troll who spends all day every day on here, justifying his near-continual presence by ludicrously claiming that he's presenting a "challenge to Morrissey". Yet he refuses to take that challenge out into the wider world, so he evidently has no genuine interest in "challenging" the way that the wider world (or even the wider media) perceives Morrissey. It's just Bummie's implausible justification for childishly trolling this site.

Bummie is a fraud.

He's not presenting any cogent "challenge", he just enjoys trolling. His posts are tediously repetitive, his arguments are feeble, his insights are absent and his prose his risibly turgid.

For how long has he been predicting the end of Morrissey's career? Bummie's confident predictions have a greater record of failure than the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I don't know if damon is in fact his lover...... But if that is the case. Then moz stop treating him as a PA that much. Treat him accordingly.

It doesn't matter which part exactly Damon plays in Moz' life. Fact is, that he is apparently very important to Moz and they get along well. Obviously Damon has to feel comfortable with the situation but there is no indication that he doesn't. I actually find it very amusing when I think about a possible daily routine between the two of them. Somehow I always imagine Damon picking out Moz' clothes. And I imagine how Moz gets dressed while Damon is standing beside him, saying if something fits or not or if something looks good or not. In the end Damon probably says "You look great, we can go" or something like that. He must know every single article of clothing and piece of jewelry by now.

Whatever role he plays in Morrissey's life, he is very professional when it comes to his tour responsibilities and seemed to be doing a great job making sure everything got done. I would hire him in an instant. Oh, and his sports coat...very fashion forward. He is handsome and dapper as hell...as short as I am, but a cutie pie in person.

he is short!? halleluja im short too !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (don`t answer that, let me relish in joy)

- - - Updated - - -

He IS Morrissey's PA. He's doing his job ffs.

alright alright. i just thought if he is his PA then he is a Amazing PA with great commitment. but if he was his love (non of my business really) then he must be a........... bottom.
:rofl: just having fun he seems great. if you see this damon hugs and kisses, wanna have some tea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey leaving venue

11537691_887300364677212_8812965861438405078_n.jpg

Remember that clown who used to bleach his skin white and deny having cosmetic surgery on his nose ?
I think Silly Steven is going up the same Whacko street when I see pics like this.

I give you Whacko Ste-Mo !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Whatever role he plays in Morrissey's life, he is very professional when it comes to his tour responsibilities and seemed to be doing a great job making sure everything got done. I would hire him in an instant. Oh, and his sports coat...very fashion forward. He is handsome and dapper as hell...as short as I am, but a cutie pie in person.

How tall are you?

He's very stylish and handsome.

Says the sad troll who spends all day every day on here, justifying his near-continual presence by ludicrously claiming that he's presenting a "challenge to Morrissey". Yet he refuses to take that challenge out into the wider world, so he evidently has no genuine interest in "challenging" the way that the wider world (or even the wider media) perceives Morrissey. It's just Bummie's implausible justification for childishly trolling this site.

Bummie is a fraud.

He's not presenting any cogent "challenge", he just enjoys trolling. His posts are tediously repetitive, his arguments are feeble, his insights are absent and his prose his risibly turgid.

For how long has he been predicting the end of Morrissey's career? Bummie's confident predictions have a greater record of failure than the Jehovah's Witnesses.

He suffers from hypergraphia -- induced by the obvious.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom