Photo of young Morrissey at Sex Pistols concert?

I have no idea of the validity of this, but someone has posted this photo to Facebook, claiming that the guy in the black sweater with glasses on the left is Morrissey:

39660_sex_pistols_manchester.jpg

Photo posted by JD Beauvallet / Facebook (original post?) Link posted by Lande.

Le jeune homme en pull noir avec des lunettes, sur la gauche, c'est Morrissey. A un concert des Sex Pistols. En 1976.

Facebook translation to English:
The young man in a black sweater with glasses, on the left, it's Morrissey. Has a concert pistols. In 1976.

Link to tweet posted by I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer:

@ManchesterDose:
The Sex Pistols famous Manchester gig at The Lesser Free Trade Hall (Morrissey has confirmed that's him on the left: black jumper & glasses)

UPDATE Feb. 14:

Famous when dead posted the link from June 26, 2016 with the photo mentioned:

Oh Shit – Punk Wars: Morrissey, McDonalds and The Buzzcocks. - Bombed Out Punk

Last edited by a moderator:
wasn't morrissey taller and skinnier? these big shoulders don't look very steven, but who knows

That is so blurry. How can one tell? Wasn't his hair a bit longer? And, I agree, that boy looks too big... :confused:

not for me either.doesnt seem to be his shape.

Wow, I think Morrissey got a kick out of seeing that photo. Great moment. His neck looks the same but he does look a bit bigger there. Also, he looks sad.

That's a great photo. From the expression on his face, it looks like Morrissey has just reached around and goosed the guy on the far right.

Don't look like him.....but it could be one of many others who started a group after seeing that show......Peter Hook anyone?

Blikey blood hell, reckon you lots are so desperate to see Uncle Steve and John Lydon together, just show up for power walk personal training day (Wednesday) from Malibu to Zuma.

The Motels pic is authentic, he always hits the Motels shows in So-Cal.

Stop saying "jumper".

thats what its called- a jumper,you know from the english language you lot bastardise

I doubt it. I'm sure when he was questioned on this gig years ago, he said said he sat on his own at the back of the hall.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom