PiL reunion

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
Just noticed this on their myspace -- don't think anyone has posted it yet:

http://www.pilofficial.com/pilpr1.html

Press Release:
September, 7th 2009

Public Image Ltd are set to return for a series of very special performances for the first time in 17 years.

London’s Brixton Academy will play host to one of the most innovative and influential bands in music history on Monday 21st December, over 20 years since they last played the famous venue.

John Lydon, Lu Edmonds, Bruce Smith and Scott Firth will also tour nationwide in celebration of the 30th year anniversary of the groundbreaking ‘Metal Box’ album, kicking off at The Birmingham Academy on December 15th.

John Lydon-
“I sound like a bag of kittens thrown down the staircase”

Public Image Ltd will not only be celebrating the anniversary of ‘Metal Box’ but also showcasing the unique sounds of singles such as ‘Public Image’, ‘Death Disco’ and ‘This Is Not A Love Song’, to ‘Rise’ and ‘Seattle’, with many further surprises in store.

After fronting the Sex Pistols John Lydon formed Public Image Ltd in 1978 with their experimental sound fusing Rock, Dance, Folk, Ballet, Pop and Dub PiL are regarded as producing some of the most diverse music of the post-punk era. As a band the music and vision constantly evolved like no other, culminating in an incredible live experience.

Now these 2009 December shows are set to re-create the Christmas vibe that was at the forefront of PiL’s first ever UK gigs on Christmas Day and Boxing Day in 1978 at The London Rainbow Theatre.

Lu Edmonds- Multi instrumentalist and former guitarist in The Damned Lu joined PiL in 1986 recording and playing on the album Happy? and co-writing the album ‘9’ adding yet another dimension to the PiL sound.

Bruce Smith- Former drummer in The Pop Group and The Slits became percussionist for PiL also in 1986 playing and recording on the albums Happy? and ‘9’. Seen as a drumming virtuoso Bruce Smith brought his unique style into the fold.

Scott Firth- A bass player/multi instrumentalist that has collaborated and played with a variety of top musicians and bands including Steve Winwood, John Martyn, Elvis Costello, and The Spice Girls.

Birmingham, 02 Academy, December 15th 2009
Leeds, 02 Academy, December 16th 2009
Glasgow, 02 Academy, December 18th 2009
Manchester, Academy, December 19th 2009
London Brixton, 02 Academy, December 21st 2009

Tickets go on sale 9am Friday, September 11th.
Buy online at Livenation.co.uk or Tel 0844 576 5483 (24hrs)

There will be a special ticket pre-sale via PiLOfficial.Com. Details will be announced Tuesday, 8th September...

Wish I could go. :(

I don't understand why this man still commands respect. Between prime-time talks about insects, adventures in the Outback and advertisements for butter, I somehow came to...DOUBT.

Kept mentioning this on XFM yesterday. Can't really say I know many PiL songs, but I would like to see John Lydon in a smaller environment that the MEN. Don't get me wrong, the Sex Pistols concert was great, and I'm happy to have seen them in their original line up, but it was all a bit much really.

I don't understand why this man still commands respect. Between prime-time talks about insects, adventures in the Outback and advertisements for butter, I somehow came to...DOUBT.

No room to move, no room for doubt.

Kept mentioning this on XFM yesterday. Can't really say I know many PiL songs, but I would like to see John Lydon in a smaller environment that the MEN. Don't get me wrong, the Sex Pistols concert was great, and I'm happy to have seen them in their original line up, but it was all a bit much really.

I wouldn't mind Lydon having a go at a second solo album -- he's highly unlikely to do it, as "Psycho's Path" was basically just a wind passing in the world of music. But maybe by now he'd be able to put something good together. *shrugs* I've got the time, and I don't mind :blushing:

oooh yes... John Lydon used to be the same thing to me back then, that Morrissey is now.... the only true instance that I could trust

sadly most ot the time these days I cant watch Lydon speak... where is the understatement of all those countless great interviews back then... today he just plays angry Johnny and reminds me more of a child.... very sad indeed

still I think Pil is one of the most important bands ever, early PIL with levene was just brilliant, that guitar was from another planet, they had no fear to explore new grounds... and if a glimpse of that is still alive in this PIL, I would love to see it. at least for historical and sentimental reasons. at least.

ah, and I have to add: respect to Levene for NOT reuniting... I think he was and is serious about everything he did back then

dang it :
Manchester, Academy, December 19th 2009 = PI.L.
Manchester, M.E.N., December 19th 2009 = Ian Brown (already booked).

Just noticed this on their myspace -- don't think anyone has posted it yet:

http://www.pilofficial.com/pilpr1.html

Press Release:
September, 7th 2009

Public Image Ltd are set to return for a series of very special performances for the first time in 17 years.

HOLY f***!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....let there be forthcoming US dates!!!:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom