Playboys.......

andy_fozzy

Banned
Hi gang.

Heard something VERY disturbing on the radio today, not sure which station........

A 're-make' of the wonderful LOT International Playboys. And as with all re-makes, whatever, was a total BAG OF SHITE.
An absolute embarrasment, as a Moz fan.

I am disgusted.

Does anyone know who, eer, 'performs' this so I can send an abusive e-mail to them?

Anyone who is disgusted by a bad moz cover song takes things way to seriously. Calm down its not like Moz made it himself.

I think the song you may be reffering to is Dirty Pretty Things (Carl Barat of Libertines fame) song "Last of the small town playboys". Apparently he had never heard of Morrissey's "Last of the Famous International Playboys".

Your absolutely correct, the song is abysmal beyond belief and quite the embarresment.

JIM

Springheeledjim84 said:
I think the song you may be reffering to is Dirty Pretty Things (Carl Barat of Libertines fame) song "Last of the small town playboys". Apparently he had never heard of Morrissey's "Last of the Famous International Playboys".

Your absolutely correct, the song is abysmal beyond belief and quite the embarresment.

JIM

Never heard of it my arse!!!!

And sir alec:

I am very serious about my music, it means allot to me.

andy_fozzy said:
Never heard of it my arse!!!!

And sir alec:

I am very serious about my music, it means allot to me.

The Dirty Pretty Things song is excellent. I don't think this will be what you heard because that is on their album but not a single and it sounds nothing at all like LOTIP by Moz.

Sir Alec said:
Anyone who is disgusted by a bad moz cover song takes things way to seriously. Calm down its not like Moz made it himself.

no, it is a serious thing. like rewriting the bible, and f***ing it all up. not good

Is it really that bad? Well if you hate it so much don't listen to it. It's really simple. You can't prevent these crappy covers from being made so get over it. I am very passionate about my music also but I don't care if some idiot makes a bad cover. I just ignore it! No one is forcing you to listen.

andy_fozzy said:
a total BAG OF SHITE.

I am disgusted.

Does anyone know who, eer, 'performs' this so I can send an abusive e-mail to them?

I don't care what anyone here says, I share your feeIings of frustration about @sshoIes who turn wonderfuI art into crap. You go ahead and write those angry Ietters!
I support the cause!

just imagine that someday when you don't expect it...Good Charlotte or Fall out boy release Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me as a cover single making it sound all like emoshit... I will travel where they live ,kill them one by one ,post the good news here,and then suicide baby( I can't be in jail for murdering those twats)

I always find Morrissey and the smiths covers amuing. The best one was "batyar" it was some sort of opera singer singing "bigmouth strikes again" in lituanian or something. But then my pc crashed and i lost it all. I could possibly get it again if anyone was interested in hearing it.

Pervomartovtsi said:
just imagine that someday when you don't expect it...Good Charlotte or Fall out boy release Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me as a cover single making it sound all like emoshit... I will travel where they live ,kill them one by one ,post the good news here,and then suicide baby( I can't be in jail for murdering those twats)

You don't have to wait untiI these NerdTards come out with a MOZ cover.......you can go ahead an murder them NOW, I wiII heIp!! You and I can pound each and every one of them to death on the head with a basebaII bat[SMASH!].....then we'II feed their remains to a pac< of wiId dogs.
We don't have to get caught! there's no need for suicide.....sucicide's an easy way out for pussies anyway! We need to stay aIive so that we can terrorise the rest!

We then... can send threatening Ietters to aII other EMO bands out there,
scare them shitIess! It wiII be aII over the news and soon there'II be hundreds, thousands of EMO hating peeps joining our cause......We can bring down these f***heads.....aII we need to do is get started.......PM me with a date and time, Iet's get this show on a roII!!;)

We can have an EMO-free nation by the end of the summer...JUST IMAGINE :)

Iove,
-D

Thanks for all your replies on this topic. An interesting one.

I 100% disagree with covers, as you might tell!
And to f*** up a Moz song like they did, was an insult to me, and I hope they didn't have Moz's permission and he kicks their arse.

HEY, 200th post!!!!!!

:D

My opinion on this is the same as that of covers in general - if the group/artist put their own slant on the song (ie don't just rip it exactly as it was originally recorded) then I don't mind.

Even if the results are crap, at least we've heard an alternative version.

As for Moz songs specifically, I've heard some pretty decent covers in the past although obviously nothing will ever better his versions.

andy_fozzy said:
Thanks for all your replies on this topic. An interesting one.

I 100% disagree with covers, as you might tell!
And to f*** up a Moz song like they did, was an insult to me, and I hope they didn't have Moz's permission and he kicks their arse.

HEY, 200th post!!!!!!

:D

Not all covers are poor.
'The Animals' cover of Dylan's 'House of the Rising Sun' is far superior and need I remind you that Moz himself did a superior cover of that Magazine song.

mistolover said:
I always find Morrissey and the smiths covers amuing. The best one was "batyar" it was some sort of opera singer singing "bigmouth strikes again" in lituanian or something. But then my pc crashed and i lost it all. I could possibly get it again if anyone was interested in hearing it.

That was by The Ukrainians, a band which featured members from The Wedding Present (not sure who), and it was in Ukrainian (not surprisingly). They also did versions of The Queen Is Dead, What Difference Does It Make? and Meat Is Murder.

Lot of craziness in this thread. If cover versions enrage you, perhaps it's time to see your therapist.

Back
Top Bottom