please, please please... be a part of my new book!

timesofgrace

so, i am working on putting together a book, tentatively entitled "these charming fans [i know, i know]: a love letter to morrissey" ... as you may have surmised from the title, it is primarily going to focus on photos and contributions from fans. to wit, i would like to begin by asking any and all interested parties to please oblige me with a response to the following question [because i know we have all given this a lot of thought]: "what would you say if you ran into morrissey?"

i'm sorry, i know this has probably been done a million times, but i would like to collect and publish these responses, so i would like to keep it contained to a brand new, clean, current thread. hope that's ok.

if anyone is interested, i always thought that i would approach him with some line about how i heard that he once saw james baldwin in paris but didn't approach him, and always regretted it, and that i was sorry for bothering him but i didn't want this to be my james baldwin story. :) in real life, i'm not sure i would even have the nerve to say that.

also happy to accept any other contributions or ideas anyone might have. would really like this to be something of a collaborative effort; part of why i'm doing it is because i've always been sort of solitary in my smiths/moz fandom and i would love to get to know more likeminded souls :)

so, i am working on putting together a book, tentatively entitled "these charming fans [i know, i know]: a love letter to morrissey" ... as you may have surmised from the title, it is primarily going to focus on photos and contributions from fans. to wit, i would like to begin by asking any and all interested parties to please oblige me with a response to the following question [because i know we have all given this a lot of thought]: "what would you say if you ran into morrissey?"

i'm sorry, i know this has probably been done a million times, but i would like to collect and publish these responses, so i would like to keep it contained to a brand new, clean, current thread. hope that's ok.

if anyone is interested, i always thought that i would approach him with some line about how i heard that he once saw james baldwin in paris but didn't approach him, and always regretted it, and that i was sorry for bothering him but i didn't want this to be my james baldwin story. :) in real life, i'm not sure i would even have the nerve to say that.

hi crotty where can i send my submission?

thanks

I'm afraid there's very little charming about Morrissey fans.

possibly. but that was the cleverest title i could come up with on short notice , and this whole project is taking on a life of its own, i'm afraid .. and time is of the essence. as i said, the title is tentative. happy to hear your suggestions for a better one..? :)

that sounds nice: maybe post the call also at www.allyouneedismorrissey.com
do a facebook page
oh and these tumblr thingy seems to attract many people too
good luck:thumb:

Please drop me a mail once you have finished this book. I would like to purchase it. :)

Cheers!

mbr.

Why does nearly EVERY Morrissey fan feel that they need to write a book? What is so special about your penmanship that separates you from the OTHER 350 fandom related authors? The whole notion is absurd.

Why does nearly EVERY Morrissey fan feel that they need to write a book? What is so special about your penmanship that separates you from the OTHER 350 fandom related authors? The whole notion is absurd.

You are awesome, VH. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom