Podcast: Simon Wolstencroft: "Me, Morrissey, and Mark E Smith" (December 7, 2019)

"Drummer Simon Wolstencroft has a great rock n roll story to tell. He turned down the chance to be in The Smiths; made 11 albums with Mark E Smith and The Fall; and later appeared on Top Of The Pops with his old schoolmate Ian Brown of Stone Roses. Oh yeah, and he hid his heroin addiction from friends and colleagues for 20 years.
(Recorded at Joshua Brooks bar, in Manchester)"

Apple:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...and-mark-e-smith/id1463963883?i=1000458957800

Other sources:
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/adrian-goldbergs-talk-show/e/65853863?autoplay=true

Or MP3 to download:
https://we.tl/t-aUUSgvpyD4

Interesting listen - Morrissey & The Smiths discussed / Johnny and the stolen Lowry!?.

full

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet you identify as a conservative. As a great man once said: "Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Max the lights. Go! Go! Yes! Go! Go! Goodbye. We don't need you. We don't need you. We don't need you!

:lbf:

maybe that twat haslaam should set up some protests :lbf:
Moz will set up some UK date when peeps get in line.:thumb:

It's a shame they had to use the drum machine at all. They should've just cleaned up the Hatful version, which featured young Morrissey, Johnny, and Andy (wow on the Hatful Charming) in their very early prime. Same exact thing with the Still Ill and What Difference..? versions on the first LP. The Hatful versions were immensely better.

It's a question of taste...i prefer the debut album version.

England, and Northern England, you have royally f***ed yourselves and everyone else. You have voted in your very own Trump.

As the arse continues to fall out of public services, and we become economically poorer for leaving the EU, you can console yourselves that you voted for a man who hid in a freezer to avoid direct questions. A man who has no compassion for ill children. A man who uses death as opportunity. A man who doesn't give a f*** about Northern England. A man who systematically lies and a man who will bring you ruination with a bumbled smile.

When it all goes tits up, and it will, remember your part in your own downfall.

England, and Northern England, you have royally f***ed yourselves and everyone else. You have voted in your very own Trump.

As the arse continues to fall out of public services, and we become economically poorer for leaving the EU, you can console yourselves that you voted for a man who hid in a freezer to avoid direct questions. A man who has no compassion for ill children. A man who uses death as opportunity. A man who doesn't give a f*** about Northern England. A man who systematically lies and a man who will bring you ruination with a bumbled smile.

When it all goes tits up, and it will, remember your part in your own downfall.

You've posted this in the wrong section skinny.

Great entertaining nterview, heard it on Radio 5 Live tonight.

I was fascinated that Mark E Smith set Simon and Steve Hanley (Fall stalwart and bassist) up with Rothschild's pensions which matured last year! Hilarious.

Scant mention of Morrissey tbh, more about Johnny Marr. Got the impression Simon didnt really have much time for Morrissey (and probably still doesn't) Mentioned his shy persona was a bit of construct at the beginning of The Smith's and then humourously pointed out he's certainly not shy nowadays!

Well worth a listen imo

Great entertaining nterview, heard it on Radio 5 Live tonight.

I was fascinated that Mark E Smith set Simon and Steve Hanley (Fall stalwart and bassist) up with Rothschild's pensions which matured last year! Hilarious.

Scant mention of Morrissey tbh, more about Johnny Marr. Got the impression Simon didnt really have much time for Morrissey (and probably still doesn't) Mentioned his shy persona was a bit of construct at the beginning of The Smith's and then humourously pointed out he's certainly not shy nowadays!

Well worth a listen imo

Believe Mark E Smith was much kinder
than the picture painted by the music press and himself.

and then humourously pointed out he's certainly not shy nowadays!

Yes, but Morrissey was never shy in interviews.

Listened to this on five live this morning... he seems very down to earth honest still raging about missing out on the mansion in Cheshire,,, bless

I like him, he seems to have a pleasant, friendly & humorous personality.
Despite the band related issues of the past, same goes for Mike Joyce & Andy Rourke, tbh. All decent guys that you'd enjoy sitting & having a pint, or two with.
Yep, the regrets are there obviously, but hindsight is a wonderful thing & I guess we could all kick ourselves on missed opportunities.

Despite the band related issues of the past, same goes for Mike Joyce & Andy Rourke, tbh. All decent guys that you'd enjoy sitting & having a pint, or two with.
Yep, the regrets are there obviously, but hindsight is a wonderful thing & I guess we could all kick ourselves on missed opportunities.

I'm looking forward to having a pint with Mike (and Bonehead) at tonight's Buzzcocks gig in Manchester.

enjoy a pint or two? those twats will enjoy 20 pints, as long as you pay.:lbf:

I'm looking forward to having a pint with Mike (and Bonehead) at tonight's Buzzcocks gig in Manchester.

Yere ok mr. name drop, place drop, bog cleaner to the stars person, aka oh deluded one...next idiot please.

Yere ok mr. name drop, place drop, bog cleaner to the stars person, aka oh deluded one...next idiot please.

Jesus, you're one jealous tosser. There's nothing to stop you popping along, its at Gorilla opposite the Ritz on Whitworth Street.

Mikes playing with Buzzcocks tonight?

Can you ask him if it’s really him playing on the first Smiths record or is it a drum machine?

but ask him that right before he walks on stage to do the gig.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

No, he's not playing, he's just going to see them with Bonehead from Oasis.

Jesus, you're one jealous tosser. There's nothing to stop you popping along, its at Gorilla opposite the Ritz on Whitworth Street.

I know where it is...I was chatting with MJ earlier in a pub close by...I warned him to watch out for some desperate looking deluded gimp in a dunce cap, pack-a-mac, wearing clown shoes, with an autograph book & pen at the ready.

No, he's not playing, he's just going to see them with Bonehead from Oasis.

Well if you're (ahem) having a pint with them (ahem) you can definitely ask that question then, can't you?
The world needs to know, & apparently (according to you) you're the man who can find out...as you (allegedly) mix in such celebrity circles an' all...if you fail I'll enjoy calling you devious, truculent and unreliable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom