Portraits/Art Prints of Morrissey and Patti Smith in Today's (10/6/11) Guardian

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
6ntvcy.jpg

P.

Last edited:
And a free feckin' bacon and Jayziz knows what else panini from that gloopy coffee conglomorate shop.

Anyhow, a Guardian it is today. Ta for the heads-up, Peadar.

...had a peek at it in the "ASDA" today......didn't think it was worth a quid myself.........just a pic of mozzer looking sideways in front of a brick wall.....but thanks for the Heads up anyway, uncle....:thumb:

wished it had bigger pic, but this will do

[wondering about Glastonbury, selling meat, I bet Morrissey gonna take a few minutes between
ther songs, about the meat eating, and the animal food industry]

And a free feckin' bacon and Jayziz knows what else panini from that gloopy coffee conglomorate shop.

Anyhow, a Guardian it is today. Ta for the heads-up, Peadar.

LoL! Well my work place gets free papers so there is now a big picture of 'ring leader of the tormentors' era Moz on my wall. Which of coure IS the best album pre You are the Quarry :p

Afternoon All,

I too succumbed to the lure and am now the proud owner of said print. Many thanks, Uncleskinny, for the reminder.

May I also bring to the attention of those not in possession of yesterday's Guardian an article by Laura Barton in the 'Film and Books' supplement in which she discusses literary influences in music and refers to her own two personal favourite examples; the Velvet Underground's 'Venus in Furs' and the Smiths' 'Cemetry Gates' ('a song that opens so magnificently').

I had considerded adding this to the 'Unexpected References' post, but surely a Smiths reference is more than expected in such an article.

Love, Peace, and Trumpton,

Boethius.

Attachments

• Cemetry Gates.jpg
    Cemetry Gates.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 23
It isn't worth a new thread... but the Guardian is running a series of 'The History of Music' this week - yesterday was pop, today rock etc... Tuesday is Indie and it's using an image of Morrissey as the cover art
A-history-of-Indie-music--001.jpg

Written on his clothing is likely to be the names of multiple indie bands.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom