Post............then delete

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
Top reasons someone posts, then deletes.

I thought I was crazy, but I'm not. I'm sitting here doing work and had just posted in thread on solo. It had refreshed and a few comments were added. About 10 minutes go by, and It refreshes again on my computer. But one of the posts is gone. But the weird thing is, I have seen this before with the same poster, so I can't be seeing things. It got me wondering. I have not deleted one of my posts before, what I say is what I say. It is (my posts) squared as right inside me and it is what it is. I generally don't speak without being able to stand in it. Why would someone take the time to post but then delete it. Can you imagine the internal conflict happening at every post with a poster like that.

Possible reasons I pondered

1 - Mood swings 5 minutes later that either sensibly or otherwise realize, I just posted shit.

2 - Hmm, this may make me look bad.

3 - Oh shit, violated TOS, must delete before MOD

4 - Manic, uncontrollable urges.

I could probably think of others but want to hear, if you have deleted a post, what was the reason why? What do you ponder the reason for someone deleting their own post is?

there are more things in heaven and earth, No1uno, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

I need to be asleep now, but I saw this and just thought I should respond :straightface:
more than once, other people have quoted me while I have gone back to edit my post :eek:
see even though this site is accessible for me in China
there is a huge lag if I hit "preview" so I rarely do, but its much shorter if I hit edit post
however, by the time I have edited my post they have already quoted it, and if it alters the meaning of what I meant to say
an extra word, one misspelled in such a way that it alters my intended meaning, extra words, etc, etc
& if I am friendly with them, then I ask them to "re-quote" me, and sometimes they just delete their post
so
mystery solved and it need not be for one of your 4 listed reasons

ps: and every once and a while, when my un-previewed posts are really error filled, I just delete and re-post them myself
that too your always watchful "eagle eye" might have caught a couple of times since I have been in China, Mr.Uno :eek:

Last edited:
Re: there are more things in heaven and earth, No1uno, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

I need to be asleep now, but I saw this and just thought I should respond :straightface:
more than once, other people have quoted me while I have gone back to edit my post :eek:
see even though this site is accessible for me in China
there is a huge lag if I hit "preview" so I rarely do, but its much shorter if I hit edit post
however, by the time I have edited my post they have already quoted it, and if it alters the meaning of what I meant to say
an extra word, one misspelled in such a way that it alters my intended meaning, extra words, etc, etc
& if I am friendly with them, then I ask them to "re-quote" me, and sometimes they just delete their post
so
mystery solved and it need not be for one of your 4 listed reasons

Dr Phil is probably referencing the post I just deleted ;). He forgot #5: Someone PMs you asking you to delete/alter your post.

Last edited:
Re: there are more things in heaven and earth, No1uno, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Dr Phil is probably referencing the post I just deleted ;). He forgot #7: Someone PMs you asking you to delete/alter your post.
oh, you mean me? yeah, I thought so, but just so you know, I've asked others to do the same since I encountered this problem here in China
its really annoying, but the alternative for me is to hit "Go Advanced" or "Preview" and it can just take forever or just lose the whole post
and sorry, coming to this place is just not worth that hassle :straightface:

Good reasons, if I don't ask, I don't know. #7???, is there a list I can find somewhere?

oh, you mean me? yeah, I thought so, but just so you know, I've asked others to do the same since I encountered this problem here in China
its really annoying, but the alternative for me is to hit "Go Advanced" or "Preview" and it can just take forever or just lose the whole post
and sorry, coming to this place is just not worth that hassle :straightface:

I have no problem altering or deleting my posts... for you, or someone else, or for me. I don't need a reason and certainly don't need to give justification to some internet busybody creepo. Why Dr. Phil feels the need to analyze everyone's posts and motives is beyond me. Gives me the creeps. Beady eyes watching me from a stationary bike. I bet his kids and wife (if they even exist) feel like they are living under a microscope, being scrutinized by an anal, pedantic, wannabe social scientist with OCD.

- - - Updated - - -

Good reasons, if I don't ask, I don't know. #7???, is there a list I can find somewhere?

Pardon me. #5. Corrected. Not deleted. Why you feel the need to ask is odd. It really is none of your business.

I have no problem altering or deleting my posts... for you, or someone else, or for me. I don't need a reason and certainly don't need to give justification to some internet busybody creepo. Why Dr. Phil feels the need to analyze everyone's posts and motives is beyond me. Gives me the creeps. Beady eyes watching me from a stationary bike. I bet his kids and wife (if they even exist) feel like they are living under a microscope, being scrutinized by an anal, pedantic, wannabe social scientist with OCD.

- - - Updated - - -

Pardon me. #5. Corrected. Not deleted. Why you feel the need to ask is odd. It really is none of your business.

Gandalf loves irony.

UF8uKNC.gif

Gandalf loves irony.

UF8uKNC.gif

Said so beautifully, with so few words, it encapsulate exactly what it is.

See what you fail to realize is this was an exercise, a ruse if you will. I did not name you. I asked the forum why someone would delete a post. Those are, like Robby's, the answers I expected. You could have surely answered your reason without make the thread about you. But your subconscious can't allow that. It has to be about you, always.

Exercise complete class, put away your lab materials where the belong and prepare for the next experiment.

Years ago, I racked up hundreds of posts while playing games such as "Word Association" and "Song vs Song."

I didn't want to be a big loser with 5000 posts on a Morrissey message board, so I started deleting them.

Then I realized I was an even bigger loser because I was deleting posts on a message board trying not to look like a loser with 5000 posts on a message board.

Clearly, I've gotten past that.

Years ago, I racked up hundreds of posts while playing games such as "Word Association" and "Song vs Song."

I didn't want to be a big loser with 5000 posts on a Morrissey message board, so I started deleting them.

Then I realized I was an even bigger loser because I was deleting posts on a message board trying not to look like a loser with 5000 posts on a message board.

#6! That is funny. I know there is one other person here who has admitted to doing that as well.

Here is another reason some might want to delete their posts.

#7: When you glance at the forum and your name lines up... you have made the last posts in five or more threads. And you think, should I delete one or two of those posts so I don't look like I'm the only one posting? I never have. But I have been tempted to. Haha. When I see others' names line up like that, I wonder if they are debating deleting some posts.

I just deleted two posts in this thread because of #8: Don't feed the troll(s). That is what they want. Fuel for their fire.

Last edited:

#6! That is funny. I know there is one other person here who has admitted to doing that as well.

Here is another reason some might want to delete their posts.

#7: When you glance at the forum and your name lines up... you have made the last posts in five or more threads. And you think, should I delete one or two of those posts so I don't look like I'm the only one posting? I never have. But I have been tempted to. Haha. When I see others' names line up like that, I wonder if they are debating deleting some posts.

I just deleted two posts in this thread because of #8: Don't feed the troll(s). That is what they want. Fuel for their fire.

Ok now you are being fun, who could f*** with you over that. I love #8. I have seen my name line up like that.

Ok now you are being fun, who could f*** with you over that. I love #8. I have seen my name line up like that.

But were you tempted to delete a post or two? Have you ever deleted a post for any of the above mentioned reasons? If not you can't be in the Delete Club. :D

Gosh, I know, you posters with these high post counts, where do you get the time, you must live here for Pete's sake. Get a life. As he laughs in a totally sarcastic tone over his sarcastic remark.

Gosh, I know, you posters with these high post counts, where do you get the time, you must live here for Pete's sake.

See the archived original "Song vs song" thread.

But were you tempted to delete a post or two? Have you ever deleted a post for any of the above mentioned reasons? If not you can't be in the Delete Club. :D

I have not deleted a post. I have done probably what everyone does and that's edit a word, something that changes the context to what I was intending to say.

If I did

#9 because I just changed my mind, period.

Last edited:

I have not deleted a post. I have done probably what everyone does and that's edit a word, something that changes the context to what I was intending to say.

If I did

#9 because I just changed my mind, period.

Oh, of course not. You are only 157 posts in, don't go on drinking/posting binges, and lurk more than you contribute. Not a heck of a lot of content there to consider deleting. ;)

3 years and 13000 replies, Geesh, talk about post count representing meaningful contribution, an understatement.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/63114-Song-vs-Song-Game?highlight=Song+vs+song

Song v. Song, Answer/Ask, and other game-themed threads will quickly rack up post counts if you opt to participate. So, if you are worried about being a member of the HIGH POST COUNT CLUB (HPCC) do refrain if at all possible. You seem to have your impulses in check. You should have no problem. :D

Back
Top Bottom