Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Nope- I just have better things to do right now than to argue about it with you. I've posted about it before so if you want any proof of my 'passion' you can search it out yourself.

Better things to do? What, like dealing with the responsibilities and obligations of your actual life, as opposed to frittering away spare moments on the Internet, co-opting other people's - other generations' - causes into your sense of self so that you can feel subversive? If you genuinely felt that abolishing the monarchy would directly and substantially alter your (or anybody else's) life, you would be willing to stand your ground and defend what you claim as your principles. The truth is that your "principles" are no more than adolescent window-dressing.

Get back to me when in your "gap year" when you have some free time... that is, if Mummy and Daddy haven't paid for you to go off travelling to India or somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better things to do? What, like dealing with the responsibilities and obligations of your actual life, as opposed to frittering away spare moments on the Internet, co-opting other people's - other generations' - causes into your sense of self so that you can feel subversive? If you genuinely felt that abolishing the monarchy would directly and substantially alter your (or anybody else's) life, you would be willing to stand your ground and defend what you claim as your principles. The truth is that your "principles" are no more than adolescent window-dressing.

Get back to me when in your "gap year" when you have some free time... that is, if Mummy and Daddy haven't paid for you to go off travelling to India or somewhere.

Well, yes, actually. I spend very little actual time on here (or any other forum, for that matter) except when I have something specific to reply to. If you weren't blindly insulting me and making assumptions about my life and motivations with every post, I might be more inclined to have a discussion and reiterate what I've already said elsewhere. As things stand though, I feel it would be completely pointless considering you've already clearly made up your mind about me.

Also, hate to be pedantic but no one generation can 'own' a cause. I can hold and express whatever political views I damn well choose. I wouldn't do so in such a public and, lets face it, judgmental arena if I didn't mean it.

Last edited:
Well, yes, actually. I spend very little actual time on here (or any other forum, for that matter) except when I have something specific to reply to. If you weren't blindly insulting me and making assumptions about my life and motivations with every post, I might be more inclined to have a discussion and reiterate what I've already said elsewhere. As things stand though, I feel it would be completely pointless considering you've already clearly made up your mind about me.

"If you say so. :rolleyes:"

Also, hate to be pedantic but no one generation can 'own' a cause. I can hold and express whatever political views I damn well choose. I wouldn't do so in such a public and, lets face it, judgmental arena if I didn't mean it.

Well, I suppose, if you've got nothing substantive to say about the political outrage that is monarchical dictatorship, or about the economic injustice arising from royal wealth, then pedantry might be all you have to fall back on. It's okay, I understand: you had to think of something to say by way of response. Still, it's encouraging to see that you can compensate for your lack of political consciousness with an understanding of the possessive apostrophe. Well done.

Anyway, let me clarify what I meant by saying that you were, "co-opting other people's - other generations' - causes." I meant that opposition to monarchy is a perfectly honourable stand to take ... if you've transported yourself back in time to, say, the seventeenth century, or if you happen to live in, for example, contemporary Saudi Arabia. In modern Britain, however, anti-royal sentiment is largely the preserve of comparatively well-heeled people (e.g. Morrissey) who demand to be seen to be opponents of an inegalitarian status quo, but in a safe way that poses no threat to their own relative privilege.

The British monarchy has no meaningful political power and, as I've already pointed out, costs you less than £1 a year. Whether or not you're sincere in the opinions you've expressed, as an avowed republican, you have no cause.

Your over-reactions are simply glorious. This post actually made me laugh out loud. I certainly hope you stick around.

BEFORE BED: Gotta rein in the negativity and frustration. No hatred. Think to the future. Think about love. THink about lounging on a couch in the afternoon watching a movie from Netflix, a few beers in the belly, make love afterward, then a bath, clean cotton shirt, restful sleep spooning your love. Breakfast. Walk Barney. Positive, positive, positive.

It's been intensly dark the last 24 hours, gotta keep it positive for the blind lady holding the scales.

A back rub. Listening to music. Laughing. Quietly reading a book. Domestic niceness. Shopping for cantaloupe at Whole Foods. A road trip. Planting a garden. Holding one another on the couch while the rain lulls you into a nap. Soup for dinner.

I just want to put this random thought out there.

When I was a kid in 4H I joined the Orange Count Mounted Rescue. I had a horse and trained how to ride into desolate mountain terrain to rescue hikers and whatnot. I never got to go rescue anyone, but part of my training was to learn how to operate a Ham radio. (KE6BTS bitches!!!) But it was in the days when in order get a Ham license you had to learn morse code and I had about two days to learn it before taking the test. Long story short, I didn't have enough time to learn it and faked it, m heart wasn't into being a Ham operator, but I had to join the Ham club in order to be part of Search and Rescue. The guy passed me knowing I didn;t know shit about Morse Code, but he knew I'd never need it anyway.

So. Ham license. Pigs in grey suits. Not into it.

If I'm ever a snarky bitch, I'm talking to the mason jars. Not myself.

If this whole Morrissey symbols thing fizzles out, my next message board incarnation name is going to be Chillbro Swaggins. :D

Wait, it's a blog, someone else found the name first. Awesome music on it though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just been on the Guardina website for the first time today and there's an article about Morrissey who apparently has put out a statement he's retireing so I came here to see what y'alll were saying expecting to find a thread about it on the new posts and there wasn't one!! Why?

I've just been on the Guardina website for the first time today and there's an article about Morrissey who apparently has put out a statement he's retireing so I came here to see what y'alll were saying expecting to find a thread about it on the new posts and there wasn't one!! Why?

Have you ever heard the track 'Yes, I am blind'?

You didn't see this?

When I first learned to ride a horse, my teacher had me do an exercise before even getting on the horse. She jabbed me with a spur. "Did that feel good?" No it did not. Then she slapped me with a whip. "Did that feel good?" Actually, it didn't hurt really, but it got my attention. A whip to the hindquarters looks worse than it feels. I know this because my teacher was weird. :p

My friend's little brother (named Joe hilariously enough) is a film student who lives in Austin but who is doing his internship in Los Angeles. He's been to LA ONCE while visiting his sister who was visiting me. We hit all the touristy spots. A few months ago his sister asked if I would help him around LA, get his bearings, etc. and I said "Yeah sure no problem." So she texts me yesterday that he's in LA and it;s the LAST THING I want to do. I'm in a crapass mood I can't even begin to describe, he never contacted me, this is all through her sort of suggestions, I have almost no money to drive him around, I work Tuesda and Friday, Wednesday and Thursday I'm getting a tooth pulled, today would be the only day I could drive around with him. I feel like a shithead but I should do something. AND here's the thing that makes me fee most like a shithead, his internship is with Underground Films who makes all those crappy Adam Sandler films, I don't want to support that! :p THough it would be supporting Joe, not the place he;s working for. Still, bleh. Don't want to deal with...

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom