Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Jesus Christ - I think I might now have post-traumatic stress disorder from looking at that Nicole Kidman photo. By the way , how old were you when over here ? Eight ( he said in a vicious attempt to rebuke her effort to mock his Native Culture ) ?

Ha! It was about 12 years ago now. My relatives (relo's I believe is your term) made me watch it to illustrate NK's humble and rather frizzy beginnings. They also made me watch Puberty Blues.

You didn't like The Royal Tannenbaums ? But that's my favourite film of all time ! There's every chance we may have to lock horns , internet -style, over this issue. You can't just go around saying you don't like it . Why , Iona , why didn't you like it ?

Ah see, I think this says a lot about you. It's telling. It's telling a lot. Volumes. Tomes even. TRT is mere style over substance and not much style when it comes to that. Yes, yes, lovely cast. Yes, Yes, aren't we all so clever. But they weren't. Not really. It's a film which demonstrates what money can buy. the one ting it couldn't buy was an interesting storyline. While they were busy being clever they stopped being engaging.

And , yes, if you don't watch Darjeeling , I'll .... I'll .... I don't know - I don't really know how to berate people over the internet ...

It is , indeed, stupid 'o' clock over here but , beer , insomnia and a late start tomorrow mean I'm still goosing around on-line ...

Don't take me on buddy. I'll take you down to Chinatown (and we'll have a nice meal).

Why the late start? What's your job?

" ... she ... " ? I'm still a male ...:rolleyes: . Or , hang on , do you mean Angelica Houston ? Would it matter if I said I was now unsure ...

:lbf:

How do you rank Anderson's films? I certainly hope you prefer 'The Life Aquatic' to 'Rushmore'.

Ha! It was about 12 years ago now. My relatives (relo's I believe is your term) made me watch it to illustrate NK's humble and rather frizzy beginnings. They also made me watch Puberty Blues.

Ah see, I think this says a lot about you. It's telling. It's telling a lot. Volumes. Tomes even. TRT is mere style over substance and not much style when it comes to that. Yes, yes, lovely cast. Yes, Yes, aren't we all so clever. But they weren't. Not really. It's a film which demonstrates what money can buy. the one ting it couldn't buy was an interesting storyline. While they were busy being clever they stopped being engaging.

Don't take me on buddy. I'll take you down to Chinatown (and we'll have a nice meal).

Why the late start? What's your job?

I can now understand how addled your concept of film might be if your relos (!) subjected you to such obscenities as BMX Bandits and Puberty Blues . If you give me their names , Iona , I can tip off the Department Of Community Services - I'm reasonably sure such treatment of you , under current legislation down here , may actually constitute child abuse ... ( did that turn out more caustic/ supercilious than I meant ? Oops ... )

It's funny - I was actually having a conversation at work today about Tannenbaums and how it isn't just a case of hipster cool-kids having lifestyle problems. Exhibit 1 - the Luke Wilson suicide scene .... f*** , too late now, but just remember , you're wrong ... and so are you !Viva! :D

Last edited:
Today is my 22nd birthday. I joined this site when I was 16. How time flies.

Looks more like Bonnie Langford :D

Well yesterdays gig had a lot to be desired....it would of helped if the actual band we were playing alongside actually had some fans. We came a long way for nothing. the band was upset and angry for many reasons. It wasn't good. I think we're going to stop wasting money going to pathetic gigs and save towards equipment and recordings that actually sound like us.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lbf:

How do you rank Anderson's films? I certainly hope you prefer 'The Life Aquatic' to 'Rushmore'.

Days later .... but I like Wes Anderson so I want to chase the topic...

I don't care for "Rushmore" - the lead character ( is the actor Jason Schwartz ?) coaxes no interest/sympathy from me. Perhaps I'm too old now to find standard high-school dilemmas of much concern ?

Yes , I liked "Life Aquatic" more but , really , only because "Rushmore" seemed so banal. "Life Aquatic" appeared/felt very .... very ... random ? Having said that though , the scene where Bill Murray pulls out the pistol and begins putting rounds into baddies , all the while accompanied by the sound of the Iggy track "Search & Destroy", is simply uber !

I prefer Bottle Rocket to Life Aquatic. :o

I prefer Bottle Rocket to Life Aquatic. :o

Will I ever stop talking about Wes Anderson films ?

Anyhow , pressing on , I just ordered , the other day from Amazon , the Criterion Collection version of "Bottle Rocket" . I saw it on television ages ago and , hence, can't remember too much of it ...

Will I ever stop talking about Wes Anderson films ?

Anyhow , pressing on , I just ordered , the other day from Amazon , the Criterion Collection version of "Bottle Rocket" . I saw it on television ages ago and , hence, can't remember too much of it ...

Love it. It planted the seed for my love of the song Alone Again Or, that scene! Muah!

My list:

1. Tenenbaums
2. Moonrise (Moonrise almost made #1 but that lightening scene was awkward and didn't mesh)
3. Bottle Rocket
4. Fantastic Mr. Fox
5. Rushmore
6. Life Aquatic
7. Darjeeling

Love it. It planted the seed for my love of the song Alone Again Or, that scene! Muah!

My list:

1. Tenenbaums
2. Moonrise (Moonrise almost made #1 but that lightening scene was awkward and didn't mesh)
3. Bottle Rocket
4. Fantastic Mr. Fox
5. Rushmore
6. Life Aquatic
7. Darjeeling

Alright - it's on ; we now have to bicker viciously about your ranking of "Darjeeling". Here , I'll get us started ... CG , you're a $@#!!&*. And my (far) greater liking for "Darjeeling" means I am not a $%#$%#^ .

More seriously , why did you stick "Darjeeling " 7th ? Was it a case of having to ( reluctantly enough ) put something last or .... ?

Days later .... but I like Wes Anderson so I want to chase the topic...

I don't care for "Rushmore" - the lead character ( is the actor Jason Schwartz ?) coaxes no interest/sympathy from me. Perhaps I'm too old now to find standard high-school dilemmas of much concern ?

I hate, hate, hate Jason Schwartzman. I don't like him in anything. I think it's because of his face...

Yes , I liked "Life Aquatic" more but , really , only because "Rushmore" seemed so banal. "Life Aquatic" appeared/felt very .... very ... random ? Having said that though , the scene where Bill Murray pulls out the pistol and begins putting rounds into baddies , all the while accompanied by the sound of the Iggy track "Search & Destroy", is simply uber !

'Life Aquatic' is filled with uber moments!

The acoustic Portuguese Bowie soundtrack.
The subtle humor.
Jeff Goldblum hitting a three-legged dog with a newspaper.
Any scene Willem Dafoe is in.

It's the first movie I bought a Criterion Edition of...

I tried. I really tried. I tried to watch Russell Brand's documentary on drugs.

I don't understand how he has become the face of the drugs debate. I don't know what makes him qualified. So he was a junkie. Throughout the hour, he showed himself to be childish, idiotic and an intellectual lightweight when it came to discussing the issues and contributing to this complex problem. I was embarrassed for him. Now every time I think of him, I picture him sitting at the kid's table.

I should have known that from the moment he said that he had the power to save Amy Winehouse it was all downhill from there.

His arrogance is ill-founded.

I'm baffled to understand why Morrissey likes him.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom