Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

agh the dentist receptionist booked us at the wrong time! I even wrote down everything she said and she still managed to make an error :-/

Mainly, if all honest, my vote was AGAINST Romney.

You honestly think that your life would be any different if Romney won? Divorce yourself from the zeitgeist for two seconds and ask yourself how much different your actual life is after four years of Obama compared to where you were at when Bush left.

Then ask yourself how different your life was when Bush took office compared to when Clinton took office eight years earlier.

Honestly. I'm not baiting you. Tell me what has changed societally, economically, politically, at the hands of a president. Show me how any middle class American's life is different, or really any American's for that reason.

From Ford to Carter to Reagan to Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama...tell me how the average American has been impacted for the better, or even at all.

You honestly think that your life would be any different if Romney won? Divorce yourself from the zeitgeist for two seconds and ask yourself how much different your actual life is after four years of Obama compared to where you were at when Bush left.

Then ask yourself how different your life was when Bush took office compared to when Clinton took office eight years earlier.

Honestly. I'm not baiting you. Tell me what has changed societally, economically, politically, at the hands of a president. Show me how any middle class American's life is different, or really any American's for that reason.

From Ford to Carter to Reagan to Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama...tell me how the average American has been impacted for the better, or even at all.

Would you agree that foreign policy seems to be the legacy for most presidents?

A voice of reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

At least with Obama, some things are possible...

293853_555687297778502_1316645138_n.png

Well. OK, whatever. I think it's sad to base an appreciation of a legacy of change by a president on the accomplishment of legalizing marriage for sexual deviants. That doesn't really "change" anything in the way Lincoln changed things and it certainly doesn't impact the vast majority of the country.

Well. OK, whatever. I think it's sad to base an appreciation of a legacy of change by a president on the accomplishment of legalizing marriage for sexual deviants. That doesn't really "change" anything in the way Lincoln changed things and it certainly doesn't impact the vast majority of the country.

Deviants? I hope you mean that, as in deviating from the norm--the majority. And not pervy, creepy. But maybe you do. You are allowed to have an opinion.

But it does mean something--and not just to gays and lesbians. It sends a message to the world that America is a tolerant nation that respects individual rights and liberties for all her citizens. How can we expect democracy to be embraced in the Middle East when we ourselves deny 10% of our citizens a right that the remaining 90% percent have? Not good role modeling there.

Deviants? I hope you mean that, as in deviating from the norm--the majority. And not pervy, creepy. But maybe you do. You are allowed to have an opinion.

But it does mean something--and not just to gays and lesbians. It sends a message to the world that America is a tolerant nation that respects individual rights and liberties for all her citizens. How can we expect democracy to be embraced in the Middle East when we ourselves deny 10% of our citizens a right that the remaining 90% percent have? Not good role modeling there.

Deviants in the literal sense of deviating from what is normal.

We need to care less what is embraced by the Middle East. They do not need us interfering.

If it makes you feel any better I am also opposed to straight marriage...

We need to care less what is embraced by the Middle East. They do not need us interfering.

Isolationism isn't really going to work anymore. Societies, regions, cultures, politics, economies. They're all connected now. Girls in Afghanistan getting massacred because they want education, gay marriage bans, lesbians singing in a church and going to prison. It all happens in one place now.

Deviants in the literal sense of deviating from what is normal.

If it makes you feel any better I am also opposed to straight marriage...

Don't you mean that we don't NEED them interfering? When they stop bombing buildings and stoning women and gays then we can stop interfering and adopt a live and let live philosophy. Until then...

Isolationism isn't really going to work anymore. Societies, regions, cultures, politics, economies. They're all connected now. Girls in Afghanistan getting massacred because they want education, gay marriage bans, lesbians singing in a church and going to prison. It all happens in one place now.

:thumb:

Yeah but it doesn't affect me. I don't care about Pussy Riot. Their crassness serves them right.

Don't you mean that we don't NEED them interfering? When they stop bombing buildings and stoning women and gays then we can stop interfering and adopt a live and let live philosophy. Until then...

What does that have to do with us? We are the best country ever. I can't help what a bunch of savages do.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom