Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

If anyone lives near Chester and wants to see my band.

TSUNAMII @ The Compass, Chester. Friday 17th August! Doors open at 8pm! Come along, bring cake!!!!

Good luck, Davie! Hope you have a great show.

but if this leads to you getting stalkers it's your own fault. hahaha

Here's something bizarre. So according to the LATimes this is a photo of a sniper shooting and killing the crazy guy who walked into a Sikh Temple and started shooting everyone. Does anyone notice something off? :squiffy:

la-0806-pin09.jpg

Just been listening to Morrissey's Usher Hall bootleg. Fair play to him, it's a decent set list! He's even got rid of the boring First Of The Gang! He must be listening to his fans :p

I really must stop watching all these antiques shows that's on all afternoon. Secret dealer, antiques roadtrip...my mental age is getting higher and higher by each show.

I really must stop watching all these antiques shows that's on all afternoon. Secret dealer, antiques roadtrip...my mental age is getting higher and higher by each show.

Watch Come Dine With Me on More4 or 4seven! Much more fun, Jackie! The Wright Stuff on Five is a good programme to watch in the mornings too. All topic debates, might be up your street :p

Had band practice today. One of the best we've had. I think the gig is going to go well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was all set to re-watch The Darjeeling Limited tonight, only to find the 2-DVD set has disappeared into the ether. Even after a teeth-gnashing 45 minutes of searching about .... nothing .

I'm so fond of the film I'll probably re-order from Amazon tonight ...

I was all set to re-watch The Darjeeling Limited tonight, only to find the 2-DVD set has disappeared into the ether. Even after a teeth-gnashing 45 minutes of searching about .... nothing .

I'm so fond of the film I'll probably re-order from Amazon tonight ...

With a title like that I can only presume it is a tale of those poor souls who, after losing limbs in freak accidents, will never again be able to enjoy a brew without the aid of a straw.

With a title like that I can only presume it is a tale of those poor souls who, after losing limbs in freak accidents, will never again be able to enjoy a brew without the aid of a straw.

I'm blustering with indignation . You should already know all Wes Anderson film titles off by heart - really , I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ..............................

After applying a soothing poultice , I can now calm down sufficiently to reply in kind . I think you'll find the film , following the title , is about the struggle by a local distributor to entice tea drinkers , both home and abroad , to enjoy a decaffeinated variant ...

Last edited:
I'm blustering with indignation . You should already know all Wes Anderson film titles off by heart - really , I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ..............................

After applying a soothing poultice , I can now calm down sufficiently to reply in kind . I think you'll find the film , following the title , is about the struggle by a local distributor to entice tea drinkers , both home and abroad , to enjoy a decaffeinated variant ...

Are you mocking me? I bet the film really is a Kath and Kim spin off where they visit the Jenolan Caves. In the darkness they lose track of each other and resort to yelling for two hours. Another Philip Noyce original.

PS I am quoting your post so you cannot go back and change it.

PPS Is the film any good? Is it? Well, is it?

Are you mocking me? I bet the film really is a Kath and Kim spin off where they visit the Jenolan Caves. In the darkness they lose track of each other and resort to yelling for two hours. Another Philip Noyce original.

PS I am quoting your post so you cannot go back and change it.

PPS Is the film any good? Is it? Well, is it?

You've got me - I'm lost in a a morass of drunkeness , satire and laughter ( which , I hasten to add , is hardly a terrible place to be).

How dare you mock me using your inside knowledge of Australian culture ! Are you quite sure you weren't subjected to too many screenings of Picnic At Hanging Rock while out here ?

Now , more sensibly , it's a superb film . If ( for some strange reason ) you ever wanted to watch a film that encapsulated that phrase " ... you can't go home again ...", this is it. The film is pleasantly rife with psychoanalytical imagery , debunks the fetishisation of India as " holy" and "mystical" , features Owen Wilson ( who almost always makes me laugh) , & & & ... I could go on for hours. See the film , you goose ...

Have you seen Moonrise yet? You'll love it. It leans more towards Tenenbaums than Darjeeling, but it's fantastic. I like to think of Darjeeling as Anderson's Jungian Psychology think piece. :p

Have you seen Moonrise yet? You'll love it. It leans more towards Tenenbaums than Darjeeling, but it's fantastic. I like to think of Darjeeling as Anderson's Jungian Psychology think piece. :p

I've been keeping only a vague eye on the cinema section in the papers but I don't think it's had its release here yet (?).

As it happens , I prefer Tennenbaums to Darjeeling though I love them both . Uber-call by the way , CG , about the Jungian in Darjeeling ; particularly where the brothers , after years, trek to find their mother only to have her disappear again i.e. it's almost as though she's telling them " ... you can't go home again ... " . Does she consciously recognise her role as the negative anima ? Speculation ensues .... ?

I've been keeping only a vague eye on the cinema section in the papers but I don't think it's had its release here yet (?).

As it happens , I prefer Tennenbaums to Darjeeling though I love them both . Uber-call by the way , CG , about the Jungian in Darjeeling ; particularly where the brothers , after years, trek to find their mother only to have her disappear again i.e. it's almost as though she's telling them " ... you can't go home again ... " . Does she consciously recognise her role as the negative anima ? Speculation ensues .... ?

*backs quietly away from conversation since she knows way more about Jungian analysis than me.*

:p

You've got me - I'm lost in a a morass of drunkeness , satire and laughter ( which , I hasten to add , is hardly a terrible place to be).

How dare you mock me using your inside knowledge of Australian culture ! Are you quite sure you weren't subjected to too many screenings of Picnic At Hanging Rock while out here ?

Now , more sensibly , it's a superb film . If ( for some strange reason ) you ever wanted to watch a film that encapsulated that phrase " ... you can't go home again ...", this is it. The film is pleasantly rife with psychoanalytical imagery , debunks the fetishisation of India as " holy" and "mystical" , features Owen Wilson ( who almost always makes me laugh) , & & & ... I could go on for hours. See the film , you goose ...

My inside knowledge is very (Darjeeling) limited. It stops at Tru and Pru.

While I was there I did happen to watch BMX Bandits. My life has never been the same.

bmx_bandits_3.jpg

Fine. I'll watch it. A word of warning, I really disliked Tenenbaums.....

Pass us the fantales then.

EDIT - What are you still doing awake? Isn't it like stupid o'clock over there?

Last edited:
My inside knowledge is very (Darjeeling) limited. It stops at Tru and Pru.

While I was there I did happen to watch BMX Bandits. My life has never been the same.

bmx_bandits_3.jpg

Fine. I'll watch it. A word of warning, I really disliked Tenenbaums.....

Pass us the fantales then.

EDIT - What are you still doing awake? Isn't it like stupid o'clock over there?

Jesus Christ - I think I might now have post-traumatic stress disorder from looking at that Nicole Kidman photo. By the way , how old were you when over here ? Eight ( he said in a vicious attempt to rebuke her effort to mock his Native Culture ) ?

You didn't like The Royal Tannenbaums ? But that's my favourite film of all time ! There's every chance we may have to lock horns , internet -style, over this issue. You can't just go around saying you don't like it . Why , Iona , why didn't you like it ?

And , yes, if you don't watch Darjeeling , I'll .... I'll .... I don't know - I don't really know how to berate people over the internet ...

It is , indeed, stupid 'o' clock over here but , beer , insomnia and a late start tomorrow mean I'm still goosing around on-line ...

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom