Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

you dont look particularly hunchbacked

well, i dont hate her. she's one of the few people at work i can talk to, who doesnt make me feel limited by their perceptions of me as stupid people, not having any gauge for superior intelligence, tend to do. that isnt nothing. she isnt full of herself either-- rather she seems way more interested in other people than i could ever be and actually remembers things you tell her unlike everyone else around here. she's really not that objectionable (other than yes, being confident and in that unoriginal way that every other confident youth these days seems to be confident as well as having a really cringey cowgirl kind of laugh). i think maybe you're projecting again, pep pep!

i do think however that being wracked with self-doubt and crawling around feeling inferior is probably good for anyone with any interest in actually making important art as opposed to just getting a desk job so, her loss. personally, i cherish all my neuroses and existential angst. i admit that it is a bit frustrating how things seem so easy for some people though. but i wouldnt want to be in her position, because, being a hopeless egotist, im interested in my own unique experience above all else and her experience isnt my experience so i dont really care that much what she does with it.
'i think maybe you're projecting again, pep pep!'
Almost certainly. :)
However, please define the 'cringey cowgirl laugh'. I don't think we have those here.

unless it hurts i wouldnt worry about it (although id worry enough to take care that it didnt get any worse, like doing stretches or whatever). good posture is for nerds. i always liked those old prada ads where the models were purposely slumped over with atrocious posture.
Wasn't that what they called 'ugly chic'? I never did get that. It always reminds me of one of my favourite songs by Randy Newman, which has the lyric:
She dresses in black
All of the time
Wears an orthopaedic shoe
Some sore of uglification thing
She's into

Wasn't that what they called 'ugly chic'? I never did get that. It always reminds me of one of my favourite songs by Randy Newman, which has the lyric:
She dresses in black
All of the time
Wears an orthopaedic shoe
Some sore of uglification thing
She's into

Was there an ugly chic movement? I guess Prada would fall into that for some people. I don't understand it, I've always thought Prada to be consistently superb. I think maybe the issue is that it's imbued with a bit more intellect than people usually require/desire their clothing to have.

I'm sure bun bun is so tired of me usurping all of his grand discoveries and interests (i cant help it, its what i do!) but I have to confess I'm in love with Douglas Murray. He is such an extraordinarily fine gentleman. 110% my kind of guy.

Was there an ugly chic movement? I guess Prada would fall into that for some people. I don't understand it, I've always thought Prada to be consistently superb. I think maybe the issue is that it's imbued with a bit more intellect than people usually require/desire their clothing to have.
Ah, see, that's where I'm going wrong. It never occurred to me that my clothing should have intellect. I just try to pick stuff in nice colours/prints/fabrics that doesn't make me look too old or fat. And cheap. It has to be cheap. How would you suggest I add a little more intellect to my sartorial choices?

I'm sure bun bun is so tired of me usurping all of his grand discoveries and interests (i cant help it, its what i do!) but I have to confess I'm in love with Douglas Murray. He is such an extraordinarily fine gentleman. 110% my kind of guy.
Me too! So articulate, so gentlemanly, gets so precisely to the heart of everything. He is a rare voice of sanity in a mad world.

Ah, see, that's where I'm going wrong. It never occurred to me that my clothing should have intellect. I just try to pick stuff in nice colours/prints/fabrics that doesn't make me look too old or fat. And cheap. It has to be cheap. How would you suggest I add a little more intellect to my sartorial choices?
well first off your criteria for choosing clothes is all wrong. a person who dresses with intellect in mind does not think about whether things make them look old, fat or whether or not they got a good deal on what they're wearing.
you need to think about the statement you are making. if you're wearing a dress with a nice print you dont want people to think you chose it because it has a nice print. that is entirely the wrong statement to make. now it may have a nice print but either the print is incidental or it has to be entirely the focus to the point of caricature. one rule about intellectual dressing is that every feature should be doing something other than what it normally would do. for example a thing may have ruffles but they should not look girly or pretty. they should look dramatic or structural. maybe a dress with ruffles should be in brown and green stripes, something you wouldnt think to pair with ruffles. or a dress may be very short but the point shouldnt be to be revealing or sexy. structural shapes are important. retro elements. impeccable collars. a lot of collegiate colours. clean lines. architectural proportions. that sort of thing. prada came out with these bakelite watches i think in the early 2000's. to me they are the epitome of an intellectual accessory and i always wished i had one.

annnnnnnd the hugest spider i ever saw just ran across my floor and up my bed. i killed it, thank god. wouldnt been able to sleep if i hadnt. still may not sleep. ugh. i hate my life.

Me too! So articulate, so gentlemanly, gets so precisely to the heart of everything. He is a rare voice of sanity in a mad world.

30:30 - 30:50 made me laugh so much. the same as when in another interview he disgustedly called ben & jerry "dolts" for getting all political when "you make ice cream! that is all we want from you!" :lbf:

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom