Post YOUR Collection Thread

My collection of Dutch/Belgian 7"s.

2evvp8w.jpg

HKIMN just arrived, I believe I'm only missing 3 now: Panic with Smiths in white text, Bigmouth with Smiths in blue text and Hand In Glove (Sandie Shaw).

Edit: I forgot to include my copy of Bigmouth with alternative 'minimal text' labels.

2u5e5nl.jpg
1i06zd.jpg

My copy of HIG just arrived, so only Panic with Smiths in white text and Bigmouth with Smiths in blue text to get hold of now.
Anybody got spares to sell? :lbf:

Discussion and exchange of views/information is always good.

In that case....what do you think about the green text on all formats and releases (Rough Trade & WEA) of "Strangeways, Here We Come"? There are even releases with partial grey and green text. I have added some pictures of WEA CD releases where the front of the booklet and the spine is printed in green-grey, dark green and ocean green. Anyway, this could easily be an effect of discolouration too.

Take care, Marcel

Attachments

• P1120714_small.jpg
    P1120714_small.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P1120713_small.jpg
    P1120713_small.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 28
In that case....what do you think about the green text on all formats and releases (Rough Trade & WEA) of "Strangeways, Here We Come"? There are even releases with partial grey and green text. I have added some pictures of WEA CD releases where the front of the booklet and the spine is printed in green-grey, dark green and ocean green. Anyway, this could easily be an effect of discolouration too.

Take care, Marcel

I think exactly the same as I do in relation to GIAC, I don't have any doubt about this.
(It applies to cassettes too btw)

I've been told that the discussion about discolouration has come up again. It is settled. Two collectors who like me used to hang around here but not anymore have each run their experiment, one with SHWC and the other with GIAC. One took two identical GIAC, left one in the window and the other inside, and the one in the window changed colours and now they are different. The other collector took two different SHWC, one grey and one green and put both in the windows. After a few weeks they had become almost the same colour.

Quod erat demonstrandum

So now that you all know that, you know how to turn your plain GIAC and SHWC into more valuable variations!
(Just don't leave the record inside the sleeve when you leave them in the window, or it will warp)

I've been told that the discussion about discolouration has come up again. It is settled. Two collectors who like me used to hang around here but not anymore have each run their experiment, one with SHWC and the other with GIAC. One took two identical GIAC, left one in the window and the other inside, and the one in the window changed colours and now they are different. The other collector took two different SHWC, one grey and one green and put both in the windows. After a few weeks they had become almost the same colour.

Quod erat demonstrandum

So now that you all know that, you know how to turn your plain GIAC and SHWC into more valuable variations!
(Just don't leave the record inside the sleeve when you leave them in the window, or it will warp)

That's a fairly long-winded way of saying I agree with IR, isn't it? :p

IMO this just proves it's possible, not that there *wasn't* a color mispress on the 2-track GIAC 7". If there wasn't a way to distinguish the two, however, it would raise concerns over collector valuation from the mere worry and will probably devalue the previous #19 RC 2005 entry.

IMO this just proves it's possible, not that there *wasn't* a color mispress on the 2-track GIAC 7". If there wasn't a way to distinguish the two, however, it would raise concerns over collector valuation from the mere worry and will probably devalue the previous #19 RC 2005 entry.

You've bought one of these haven't you?

#19 RC 2005 entry is incorrect, it happens.

You've bought one of these haven't you?

lol my persistence isn't from a biased position. I just can't write something off like that. I don't remember if I have one or not. It's not like they ever went for much -- the highest being maybe what, 75 USD in their unquestioned prime?

OK let's put an end to this once and for all. How long do we think i'll need to keep this copy of GIAC sellotaped to my window here in the north of unsunny England before it goes 12" green? and I add a record collector top 100 to my collection, any advice on how this experiment should be carried out? have your say now, or forever hold your piece.IMG_8364.jpg

Quod erat demonstrandum

I think it was the same collector who conducted both experiments;)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom