Post YOUR Collection Thread

Ok, i'm loving this thread!

Alright, first up a photo of my Music collection...

In terms of Moz/Smiths - nothing out of the ordinary or particularly rare. Just the 12" singles.

and then the two ticket stubs of the first 2 concerts of Moz's I witnessed.
Dublin, National Stadium, 27 April '91 and
Dublin, Point Depot, 29 Sept '91

BTW - I love the way older ticket stubs are so much nicer compared to the type of ticketmaster things you get these days.

Gorgeous shelves!

Russ, that's certainly the biggest piece of Moz memoribilia I've seen. I knew you had it. What's the back story on it, exactly?

I have my watch collection insured against theft, damage and loss. It costs me 1% yearly.

I did look into insuring my collection. They just wanted anything valued over $200 specifically listed in the rider. This was many years ago. I haven't talked to my current insurance agent about insuring my record/cd collection, though.

Here are some pics I have of some of my posters. All the posters are original mint, unfolded Rough Trade promos.

beausapt1.jpg

beausapt5.jpg

Beau I could just poop my pants, your giant posters framed look exquisite!!! You are definitely ahead of me on the !2" promos. I have most, still rolled up, a couple signed, a couple framed. In my next house I am having built in bookshelves to display all of my collection, and all my posters framed! We should probably take this discussion offline as to not bore others. Could you imagine reading the bible of Moz. Email and I'll tell you what I mean. ;)

Beau I could just poop my pants, your giant posters framed look exquisite!!! You are definitely ahead of me on the !2" promos. I have most, still rolled up, a couple signed, a couple framed. In my next house I am having built in bookshelves to display all of my collection, and all my posters framed! We should probably take this discussion offline as to not bore others. Could you imagine reading the bible of Moz. Email and I'll tell you what I mean. ;)

Beau I need to find out more about insuring my collection from you. Can you email me a contact person/insurance company? Thanks.

I know people have bigger and more impressive collections, but I could not resist posting an old pic of a part of my smiths 7 inches. I have added a lot since, but still nice to see. No 7" is the same...

Russ, that's certainly the biggest piece of Moz memoribilia I've seen. I knew you had it. What's the back story on it, exactly?

I have my watch collection insured against theft, damage and loss. It costs me 1% yearly.

I did look into insuring my collection. They just wanted anything valued over $200 specifically listed in the rider. This was many years ago. I haven't talked to my current insurance agent about insuring my record/cd collection, though.

Here are some pics I have of some of my posters. All the posters are original mint, unfolded Rough Trade promos.

beausapt1.jpg

beausapt5.jpg

Can I come live with you?

for a 20 year old my collection is ok, i dont have a digicam so i can't show it off. However highlights of it include "Boy with the thorn.." 12' test press and a Smiths poster from colchester university before i was born as kindly donated by my mother.

here is my Japanese Smiths collection.

japan-1.jpg

I hope you don't mind that I posted this picture on the Steve Hoffman Forums. We are trying to find out about the sound quality of the new mini-lp japanese releases, and more importantly trying to find the best sounding Smith's CD's. Here is a link to the thread. Your picture is on page 7...post #127. If you feel like adding anything to the thread, please do. Thanks...Randy.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=94956

Well after reading bits of that thread at the Steve Hoffman forum, I'm never gonna listen to my US cds again.

Here are some more pictures I took at the same time as the others.

beausapt2.jpg

beausapt3.jpg

beausapt8.jpg

beausapt6.jpg

Last edited:
collection.jpg

Great thread! Now i know, at last, that my collection will never be complete...

Apart from some odd realeased, i do really like the framed posters! I do have the Billy Fury poster for Last Night I Dreamt... here and i think i just needed this kick to frame it and put it on the wall after watdching Beau's pictures - just great!

This thread is excellent. To bagface, why all the Quarry, Earlscourt and ROTT discs with different OBI's?

i was just curious about the peel ep and very best of the smiths because they have them at my local music store and i've never bought them because i've never really thought they had anything i didn't already have. i've since bought the peel sessions ep though for the alternate miserable lie, which is pretty good.

Beau, your pics are just fantastic. I have started framing my Bowie posters like yours.

Here are a few snippets of my Bowie collection. I have just on 1,000 Bowie items now. God knows how many more i will own in say another 15 years???

I will do my Morrissey collection tomorrow for you all.

bowieframe2B.jpg

bowieframe2.jpg

tourbooks.jpg

singles2.jpg

Brisbane, I have to introduce you to an English friend of mine. He has the Man Who Sold The World round sleeve lp, and found one of the original PYE singles at a car boot sale for 50p. He's the person who got me into The Thin White Duke.

A poster dealer gave me this Bowie poster a long time ago. He was a huge U2 collector and stopped by my place for a few days whilst touring the US from the UK to pick up an RIAA Achtung Baby award. I can't believe it's real 'cause he just gave it to me, but the paper seems oldish. Maybe you know if they were repro'd or not?

bowieposter1.jpg

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom