Post YOUR Collection Thread

Maybe you know if they were repro'd or not?

bowieposter1.jpg

It is hard to tell with old show posters. From first glance it looks like an original. What I have done with old tour posters to see if they are original is letting my picture framer take a look at them to see if the paper is from the era in question. They usually charge a few dollars but I find it is well wrth it as the tests they do seem to be spot on.

I still cannot get over all your posters...they look sooo beautiful on the walls.

Added Maladjusted, Rare Tracks and the LP sleeve version of Live At Earls Court. Two to go!

morrissey_collection_jan042007.jpg

Here is something that is interesting only to the severe cd anoraks. I bought this about 10 years ago for $75 (I can't remember where I put my keys, or the name of the person I just met, but I can remember how much I paid for a cd in 1996), which was alot for it then, I thought. It's some sort of Japanese cd given as a prize from TDK. I don't really know more about it than that. If anyone has any insight, or has seen one before, I'd like to hear. Presumably there's a version for each VDP Smiths release.

smithstdk1.jpg

smithstdk2.jpg

It's some sort of Japanese cd given as a prize from TDK. I don't really know more about it than that. If anyone has any insight, or has seen one before, I'd like to hear. Presumably there's a version for each VDP Smiths release.

There supposedly are only 20 copies of this, given away as prizes in 1987. But as far as I know only Hatful Of Hollow was given away, I've never heard anything about any other title.

Stephane

I need to take more ginkgo biloba to try to keep up with Stephane's memory.

Wait a second, did you tell me that a long time ago, Stephane? I can vaguely remember those words delivered in a French Canadian accent...

Last edited:
Brisbane, I have to introduce you to an English friend of mine. He has the Man Who Sold The World round sleeve lp, and found one of the original PYE singles at a car boot sale for 50p. He's the person who got me into The Thin White Duke.

A poster dealer gave me this Bowie poster a long time ago. He was a huge U2 collector and stopped by my place for a few days whilst touring the US from the UK to pick up an RIAA Achtung Baby award. I can't believe it's real 'cause he just gave it to me, but the paper seems oldish. Maybe you know if they were repro'd or not?

bowieposter1.jpg

That's Sigourney Weaver...

Hi from Germany!

My collection is not complete, I know very well but... check it out!
Besides this pictures there are many many Cassettes, Bootlegs, CDRs,
DVDs, Posters, Postcards, Fanzines, Snippets from various NME articles
and a lot of gigabytes on my notebook (Fotos,MP3s,Videos,DVDs, etc.).
So yes, you can call me Morrissey-mad :)

By the way, I am 40 years young, having two girls (6 & 9), married
and I buy "everything" since 1986. And still doing!

Bye - Joe

Ok, i'm loving this thread!

Alright, first up a photo of my Music collection...

In terms of Moz/Smiths - nothing out of the ordinary or particularly rare. Just the 12" singles.

and then the two ticket stubs of the first 2 concerts of Moz's I witnessed.
Dublin, National Stadium, 27 April '91 and
Dublin, Point Depot, 29 Sept '91

BTW - I love the way older ticket stubs are so much nicer compared to the type of ticketmaster things you get these days.

Nice collection there.
I like how you highlight the Dennis Wilson album. Great stuff.
That needs a CD re-issue.

Ugh, all these collections, so beautiful. Congrats everyone.
I'll post a few pics of my own, but at the moment, I'm feeling very inadequate.

I've never understood the reasoning behind this "must own everything" mindset. I have all the songs, so I don't need 12 different versions of You Are The Quarry. They'll never be played, so what's the point? Seriously, I'm not mocking, I'm just curious.

Nice collection there.
I like how you highlight the Dennis Wilson album. Great stuff.
That needs a CD re-issue.

Highlighted because a) it's fantastic and b) one of rarest records i've got.

Indeed long overdue for a re-release on CD. Without doubt the greatest Beach Boys solo record. The prices people pay on ebay for this record are staggering. I think there has been arguing over his estate and hence no CD re-release.

I've never understood the reasoning behind this "must own everything" mindset. I have all the songs, so I don't need 12 different versions of You Are The Quarry. They'll never be played, so what's the point? Seriously, I'm not mocking, I'm just curious.

This is a good question. Whilst i bought and continue to buy the UK released singles on vinyl (12" where released), I have never felt the urge to own other releases be they different countries, formats, re-issues etc. Also even if i did fell the urge i don't think i could ever possibly afford to buy all the different formats etc. Can someone explain the motivation behind wanting each format. I'm also not having a go or mocking - simply curious.

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom