Potential new album songs, or are these older?

A

Anonymous

Hello, I recently was browsing the music performance rites websites such as: BMI, and ASCAP to name the largest two. While there, I got the Idea to check the writing credits for, Alain Whyte, Boz, and Jesse Tobias. I did this just out of curiosity to see If it mentioned any song titles that I had never heard of before. In researching, came up with almost an album's worth of Morrissey/Whyte songs that I had never heard of before. I don't know if they could be potential candidates for the new album this year, or perhaps they are older songs that have yet to see the light of day? I'm sure its possible that some diehard fan on here will probably know about these songs already? But maybe not, if they are indeed new songs?

So here is the list of Morrissey?Whyte credited songs from the ASCAP website that I jotted down.

1. Action man

2. Dejame Besarte (I believe it said this was preformed by another artist, so it could have been specifically written for that artist, I just can't remember the name of theartist, sorry).

3. Don't wake me up

4. Home is a question mark

5. I'm looking forward to going back

6. I was bully do not forget me

7. John we want you home

8. Tereasa,Tereasa

9.When I was young

I have all the official releases, including B sides, and at some point I either had all the bootlegs with most known unreleased songs or at least heard them on youtube. And as I say, I have never saw these titles before. I guess next I will do a general web search to see if anything comes up.

Thanks for reading,
Mike.

BTW No strange new titles from Jesse or Boz. I'm going to guess that these songs probably were Quarry era/Ringleader songs that may or may not have been recorded, and for whatever reason,if recorded they were discarded. I'm assuming this because around the time of Quarry, (the comeback album) Alain had said in an interview that He recorded something like 40 plus instrumental demos that he sent Morrissey to try and write to. There is a good possibility it could just be mire songs that came out of those demos?

My mistake, I just googled the first song on my list and low and behold, it came up on this very site the same list but with a couple of Refusal songs on it. So they must have been contenders for the Refusal album. Sorry my mistake,
Mike

3 and 7 are not Morrissey/Whyte titles I've heard of previously. 2 would be a translation of Let Me Kiss You. 1 is a ROTT outtake; 4 is a YATQ outtake. The remainder were attempted for YOR but apparently not completed.

Assuming the album he is recording will be ready by mid-year, one would expect to see new Boz and Tobias titles begin to appear on such sites.

3 and 7 are not Morrissey/Whyte titles I've heard of previously. 2 would be a translation of Let Me Kiss You. 1 is a ROTT outtake; 4 is a YATQ outtake. The remainder were attempted for YOR but apparently not completed.

Assuming the album he is recording will be ready by mid-year, one would expect to see new Boz and Tobias titles begin to appear on such sites.

Which makes one relatively new to this site ask how early before release did we have the titles for tracks off YoR? Obviously excluding those that had been floating around live of course.

Which makes one relatively new to this site ask how early before release did we have the titles for tracks off YoR? Obviously excluding those that had been floating around live of course.

Good question. It was quite a while before (several months, I think) and it really whetted our appetites.
There are exceptions but, generally, his most intriguing/interesting titles have usually been the most intriguing songs, whereas the blandest/vaguest titles (You were good in your time, On the streets I ran, Sorry doesn't help) are usually the worst...

Good question. It was quite a while before (several months, I think) and it really whetted our appetites.
There are exceptions but, generally, his most intriguing/interesting titles have usually been the most intriguing songs, whereas the blandest/vaguest titles (You were good in your time, On the streets I ran, Sorry doesn't help) are usually the worst...

Yeah I am not sure how this registration process works on these sorts of things. Namely what sort of powers does an artist have in keeping this sort of registration anonymous, and at what stage in the recording process is it normal to register these sorts of things.

Yeah I am not sure how this registration process works on these sorts of things. Namely what sort of powers does an artist have in keeping this sort of registration anonymous, and at what stage in the recording process is it normal to register these sorts of things.

I think David Bowie succeeded in keeping The Next Day completely secret, so it's not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom