President of Argentina - Morrissey Central (6th Dec.)

A long cut and paste:

image001_nyqgyz.jpg

ARGENTINA 'S PRESIDENT AND SENATOR ODARDA REQUEST MEETING WITH MORRISSEY.
ARGENTINA GOVERNMENT OFFER MORRISSEY A SPECIAL AWARD FOR ANIMAL PROTECTIONISM.

https://noticiasdebariloche.com.ar/morrissey-le-escribio-al-presidente-macri-para-pedirle-que-en-argentina-no-haya-mas-circos-con-animales/

https: // elportaldesalta. com.ar/morrissey-le-escribio-al-presidente-macri-para-pedirle-que-en-argentina-no-haya-mas-circos-con-animales/

http://rbdnoticias.com/2018/12/ 05 / morrissey-le-escribio-al-presidente-macri-para-pedirle-que-en-argentina-no-haya-mas-circos-con-animales /

https://purorocknacional.com.ar/morrissey-le-escribio-al-presidente-macri-para-pedirle-que-en-argentina-no-haya-mas-circos-con-animales/

https: // www. infobae.com/sociedad/2018/12/05/morrissey-le-escribio-al-presidente-macri-para-pedirle-que-en-argentina-no-haya-mas-circos-con-animales/

[translation to English]:

Morrissey wrote to the President Macri to ask him that in Argentina there are no more circuses with animals
By Fernanda Jara

December 5, 2018

[email protected]

While preparing for his arrival in Argentina, the British singer / songwriter Morrissey (60) - well-known animal rights fighter - wrote a letter to President Mauricio Macri to ask him to take a position on the recently dropped bill of Senator Magdalena Odarda that he asks to put an end to this type of spectacles, which he described as "archaic, unnatural and cruel".

"While I'm preparing for my concert in Buenos Aires, I've heard from my friends from PETA Latino and the Galgo Argentina Project Organization that Senator Odarda has presented a bill to ban circuses with animals throughout Argentina, a project to which I would like to express my support, "he says in his letter.

He also said: "Animal shows are archaic, unnatural and cruel, animals in circuses are trained to beat, whip, electric shock and intimidation to perform stupid tricks, behaviors that they would never show in nature. being trained, the animals remain chained or in cages all their lives ".

A lion caged in a circus (Peta)

The text that tells the cruel life to which animals are subjected compares the decision made in other countries that abandoned such shows. "The largest circus in the US , Ringling Bros., closed its doors last year amid a decline in ticket sales, England has announced the banning of circuses with exotic animals in 2020, joining Mexico , Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Austria, Italy, India, Singapore and more than a dozen countries that introduced or implemented such prohibitions at the national level. "

In that tone, Morrissey also put on the table the dangers to which people who come to see him are exposed: "These animals also present a threat to the public, when, understandably, they tire of abuse and confinement, and They are trying to escape, society is evolving and is rejecting circuses with animals because of concerns for animal welfare and public safety. "

The legendary singer's letter reminds us that "exhibitions with animals do not educate or entertain, they only cause suffering for the involuntary actors".

And ends with a blunt request: "Please approve 520/2017 law presented by Senator Odarda and join the growing movement that leaves animals in the circus where they belong: to the history books."

Morrissey has been a vegan for several years and a vegetarian since he was 11 years old. So much is his desire to tell the world what the non-human animals suffer in the slaughterhouses that wrote the song "Meat is murder" ("The meat is death"), theme that titled the second studio album of The Smiths (1985) . That was the band's only album to reach number 1 in the United Kingdom, although it reached number 40 in Canada, and number 110 in the United States.

Why it is important to have a national law prohibiting circuses with animals.

In his letter to President Mauricio Macri, Morrissey called these shows "archaic."

From the group Project Galgo Argentina ( PGA ) are managing a meeting between the renowned singer, who is about to arrive in the country, and President Mauricio Macri to talk in depth about the bill that lost parliamentary status and that was not included in the agenda to be treated in extraordinary sessions.

In his letter to President Mauricio Macri, Morrissey called these shows "archaic."

From the group Project Galgo Argentina ( PGA ) are managing a meeting between the renowned singer, who is about to arrive in the country, and President Mauricio Macri to talk in depth about the bill that lost parliamentary status and that was not included in the agenda to be treated in extraordinary sessions.

"If we do not have a national law that prohibits circuses with animals in the whole country any foreign circus that comes to settle would be allowed to make their shows, as well as they could incorporate animals now to those that are already installed", warn from PGA , the group that achieved the prohibition of dog racing two years ago, on the importance of the project presented by the Senator for Río Negro, Magdalena Odarda.

In addition, activists of the group pointed out that "there are laws in the City of Buenos Aires and in different provinces", but there is still a circus with poodles in the province.

PGA managed to communicate with Morrissey with the Peta Latino intermediation (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and warns that the meeting could be held.

The iconic leader of The Smiths returns to Argentina after his last performance at the Opera Theater and Luna Park in 2015. This time, he will be at the head of the Direc TV Arena on December 7 to present his latest album Low In High School.

The letter from Morrissey to Mauricio Macrién could incorporate animals nowadays to those that are already installed ", warn from PGA , the group that achieved the prohibition of dog racing two years ago, on the importance of the project presented by the senator by Río Negro, Magdalena Odarda.

In addition, activists of the group pointed out that "there are laws in the City of Buenos Aires and in different provinces", but there is still a circus with poodles in the province.

PGA managed to communicate with Morrissey with the Peta Latino intermediation (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and warns that the meeting could be held.

The iconic leader of The Smiths returns to Argentina after his last performance at the Opera Theater and Luna Park in 2015. This time, he will be at the head of the Direc TV Arena on December 7 to present his latest album Low In High School.
The letter from Morrissey to Mauricio Macri.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/president-of-argentina

Regards,
FWD.

45225_Morrissey_Argentina_letter_to_Congress_and_President.jpg

Last edited:
Such a brave soul. LOL! Argentina? REALLY? It takes a true hero to call out circuses in a country with such a horrific environmental and indigenous-rights record.

Morrissey knows no shame. He’s a simpleton media-whore. ...and those of you buying his low-brow nonsense are rabid, one-eyed, 3-legged mongrels. A cull is long overdue!

f***ing twats.

again...WHY HIDE THIS ONE WORD COMMENT?
yea, sometimes u come off as a douche, so what? not for the word tickets.
this is becoming more interesting than the stomachflu tour itself...to me.

This is not a thread for discussing the government of Argentina's president so I won't do it. But the thing is there's a strong rumour that he is a vegan himself and that he is a Buddhist. In a country where the word asado (grilled meat) is almost sacred, president Macri managed to get the government house staff not to eat meat for one day a week. That's a huge achievement here, and it would be nice if that could be done in more places. So I totally can picture Macri supporting Morrissey's ideas. Since this president seems to be in excellent terms with the British government, the meeting with Morrissey will depend on if it suits him politically with that relationship. I hope it happens, mainly because Morrissey deserves to be heard in all scenarios by his life long preaching against animal abuse.
The circus without animals is a good project, but I had the idea that there were no more circuses with animals in Argentina (https://www.infobae.com/2015/10/12/1761709-ya-no-quedan-circos-animales-la-argentina/), since the main territories have local laws that prohibit them. Anyway, who can not welcome such kind of laws supporting animal rights. The national congress should approve it. Hey, it's free! :thumb:

Extra creepy when lurking in storm drains with a balloon in one hand and a severed arm in the other.
going to watch that right now.

Such a brave soul. LOL! Argentina? REALLY? It takes a true hero to call out circuses in a country with such a horrific environmental and indigenous-rights record.

Morrissey knows no shame. He’s a simpleton media-whore. ...and those of you buying his low-brow nonsense are rabid, one-eyed, 3-legged mongrels. A cull is long overdue!

f***ing twats.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated".
The colonising nations are guilty of crimes against natives of countries they colonised. Nowadays it continues in the name of economics.
As does the use and abuse of animals.
Simpletons in the Irish foxhunting fraternity, for instance, emulate the behaviour of the inbred former colonists down to the red hunting jacket and "blooding" with what remains of the fox.
You certainly can judge a country by how it treats its most vulnerable, be they human or animal.
Morrissey is right to call them out,.
They are the low brow cowards

I hope he writes to the president of Spain against the bullfighting next time he goes there on tour.

A nation that cannot even host a big football game and have to move it to Madrid isn't worth our attention.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated".
The colonising nations are guilty of crimes against natives of countries they colonised. Nowadays it continues in the name of economics.
As does the use and abuse of animals.
Simpletons in the Irish foxhunting fraternity, for instance, emulate the behaviour of the inbred former colonists down to the red hunting jacket and "blooding" with what remains of the fox.
You certainly can judge a country by how it treats its most vulnerable, be they human or animal.
Morrissey is right to call them out,.
They are the low brow cowards
But you don't 'judge a country', you judge the apes that behave like blood thirsty animals. I would say a lot of people in Ireland do not support fox hunting. If we were to vote out every government that didn't do exactly what we wanted then we would never have a government at all. Although banning fox hunting seems like a no brainer to me.

16° C at 23 hs: bring your blue cardigan :D

I don't know if this is the place to post it. It's important information for today's concert.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom