Professor Of Rock YT: "How A B-side Became The Anthem Of A Generation" (July 5, 2021)

Screenshot_20210805-171330~2.png

Another in the series, this time focusing on The Smiths' How Soon Is Now.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

View attachment 75153

Another in the series, this time focusing on The Smiths' How Soon Is Now.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Some insightful info regarding the music. The deciphering of the lyrics just made me smile: massive hype. Masses of teenagers will be able to connect with How Soon Is Now's lyrics until the end of time (my own bit of hype, but possibly true). However, to watch a middle age man over-emphasise their meaningfulness in general; made me cringe a bit. :) The cringe-factor was increased by the commentators tone of voice; fake earnestness.

The guy in the video thumbnail looks like the worst kind of middle aged asshole imaginable. I see a sublime cocktail of psoriasis, OnlyFans subscriptions, shelves and shelves of vinyl, and a condom from 2018 in his wallet.

You know-
just in case.

If you see the man in the video at Las Vegas concerts coming up please buy him a beer

He’s a cool guy. His channel is VERY interesting, he has some great interviews with legends, and the interviews really delve deeep. He’s a true rock/pop music lover. Yes he’s a little cringy sometimes but so is everybody else 🤭

I would guess it's related to the guitar sound but I don't know.
the demo was called swamp because johnboy said he was swamped with ideas for it.

Some insightful info regarding the music. The deciphering of the lyrics just made me smile: massive hype. Masses of teenagers will be able to connect with How Soon Is Now's lyrics until the end of time (my own bit of hype, but possibly true). However, to watch a middle age man over-emphasise their meaningfulness in general; made me cringe a bit. :) The cringe-factor was increased by the commentators tone of voice; fake earnestness.
He looks like Drew Carrey. I couldn't watch more than a minute. Just too nerdy.

The first time I heard How Soon was at Danceteria on the dancefloor and my friend and I didnt know who it was. My hipster poseur friend knew the DJ Anita Sarko who told him she had the first copy in the United States. Not even WLIR had it yet. Something about how it was released first as a B side. Not yet available here. When How Soon was fresh out of the crate we were profoundly impressed. Especially on a good sound system. Great club close to campus. Speed was 12 hits for a dollar and an apple was a penny. Fabulous times. I need more Moz.

The guy in the video thumbnail looks like the worst kind of middle aged asshole imaginable. I see a sublime cocktail of psoriasis, OnlyFans subscriptions, shelves and shelves of vinyl, and a condom from 2018 in his wallet.

You know-
just in case.
…said the young-buck asshole, whilst stealing wifi from his mommy’s IP.

Fak Arf.

'How Soon Is Now', the least Smiths sounding song in their canon. The power of the song now totally diminished by it being pimped out by Morrissey and Marr to flog naff jeans and shit beer. The version by Russian pop muppets Tatu however is still glorious ... gloriously shit.
…said the fellow who’s apparently not heard “Golden Lights” or “Work is 4 Letter Word” and has an obviously lacking grasp of the publishing world.

The first time I heard How Soon was at Danceteria on the dancefloor and my friend and I didnt know who it was. My hipster poseur friend knew the DJ Anita Sarko who told him she had the first copy in the United States. Not even WLIR had it yet. Something about how it was released first as a B side. Not yet available here. When How Soon was fresh out of the crate we were profoundly impressed. Especially on a good sound system. Great club close to campus. Speed was 12 hits for a dollar and an apple was a penny. Fabulous times. I need more Moz.
So - a current Melvis single will run you the price of 24 hits of your old biker speed? Which is the better deal?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom