Professor Of Rock YT: "The 80's Song Guaranteed To Break Your Heart" (March 15, 2021)

Screenshot_20210315-222414~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

and what would be the happiest?

That's actually much harder to answer. There are so many.

The one song that never fails to cheer me up is William, It Was Really Nothing.

But Ask, Cemetry Gates, Sheila Take A Bow, Vicar In A Tutu, I Keep Mine Hidden, Frankly, Mr. Shankly, Panic, This Charming Man, Bigmouth... they all do the trick. They're all a lot of fun to sing along with.

Asleep is the anthem of depression
Well i wonder represents the desire to be reciprocated i love....
That the joke...represents loneliness.Moz tells us :i'm so lonely....¡!!
All great ,but asleep i find it too depressing ...Moz was very Depre!!!!!

What’s everyone think the saddest most heart breaking smiths song is. I don’t have a ready answer
For me, it would have to be "Suffer Little Children". Oh Manchester, so much to answer for...

Equally poignant for me would be "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle". Both blew me away with their emotional depth and made the self-titled debut absolutely essential (I had heard Hatful of Hollow first).

I think the saddest one is reel around the fountain.
But the lyrics are not truly the saddest ones, it's simply the way in which Morrissey sings and the way in which the band plays.

It's actually a VERY STRANGE song, because it sounds as if it was composed as to be quite upbeat.... but the recording sounds as is they are all very tired and have very little energy ass to play it... as if they were playing it slower than it was meant to be.... And Marr's guitar in The Smiths was often quite high pitched, but in this song it's quite low pitch.

The other incredibly strange song, for me, is Meat is Murder... it doesn't sound like anything else The Smiths have recorded (I actually love it). If the lyrics were very different, it could have been the saddest song. But the tone is somehow accusatory, so it's not exactly sad.

I think the saddest one is reel around the fountain.
But the lyrics are not truly the saddest ones, it's simply the way in which Morrissey sings and the way in which the band plays.

It's actually a VERY STRANGE song, because it sounds as if it was composed as to be quite upbeat.... but the recording sounds as is they are all very tired and have very little energy ass to play it...

I think that's actually spot on. They were incredibly tired of playing the songs because they had to re-record the album with John Porter after the failed first attempt with Troy Tate.
For me, there's still something magical about the song, even on the album.

Asleep is the anthem of depression
Well i wonder represents the desire to be reciprocated i love....
That the joke...represents loneliness.Moz tells us :i'm so lonely....¡!!
All great ,but asleep i find it too depressing ...Moz was very Depre!!!!!
Tu vida es depre y merece terminar

I think that's actually spot on. They were incredibly tired of playing the songs because they had to re-record the album with John Porter after the failed first attempt with Troy Tate.
For me, there's still something magical about the song, even on the album.

Oh, yes, I really love it.
The lack of enthusiasm actually improves the song.
I also like the fact that Morrissey was not yet the versatile singer he became, his singing style was somehow more limited. Of course he was good, but he was far from the singer he became in albums like The Queen is Dead... but such thing worked good with the song, as if he didn't have the means to decorate it and he sounds quite insecure. It's such a great song.

For me, it would have to be "Suffer Little Children". Oh Manchester, so much to answer for...

Equally poignant for me would be "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle". Both blew me away with their emotional depth and made the self-titled debut absolutely essential (I had heard Hatful of Hollow first).

I almost said suffer little children as well. That part where he talks about alluring lights and the comment I know my son is dead. I’ve for sure cried at that one on an emotional day

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom