Q magazine review of Dog on a Chain - 3/5

Moz's reputation is on the turn (for the better!). But it'll take time to roll out.

If I was him, I'd start plotting my new album, something they can hail as a return to form.

And I'd leave the politics & find something to be charming about. The UK press has the memory of a dead goldfish. It'll all be forgotten.

If it was just the UK press it wouldn't be a big problem. But it's also the UK fanbase - a massive chunk of them have abandoned him. It's also the UK radio stations - for the first time ever, none of them are playing the new songs. It's also the UK indie clubs. A Smiths night in London last w/e proudly declared they would be maintaining their policy of no solo Morrissey songs. (other longstanding Smiths/Morrissey nights have closed down completely). It's also the UK record shops - many proudly refuse to stock him. If you think any of this is about to change any time soon, your level of delusion is spectacular. In terms of public perception, he's quite simply a far-right racist - it doesn't matter what slogans he wears on his t-shirt.

I would say that The Guardian is about 2 years away from joining the NME in the online only grave yard. I’m delighted Morrissey has played his part in sending both to hell.

Yeah. I won't mourn The Guardian.

They were so smug when Moz was trending on Twitter with his f*** The Guardian t-shirt, but they gambled their reputation on race & gender clickbait & they've lost. I know lots of people who would love that t-shirt. My friend got a 2-star review from them & PM'd me that picture. ?

Not a single, cognitively sound Melvis punter, is there.

3 out of 5 makes the reviewer a piece of shit?

5 for 5 makes you a hero.

You lot are daft scum. At least the rest of us know where to find you.

Fak Arf.

Got a great life mate. Retiring in a few years, money in the bank, house paid for, family great, and I like to call out racists in my spare time. Loving it.
Str8 out of a Tory campaign ad in the 80s.
(apart from the race bit,of course.)
Gubblewerm

If it was just the UK press it wouldn't be a big problem. But it's also the UK fanbase - a massive chunk of them have abandoned him. It's also the UK radio stations - for the first time ever, none of them are playing the new songs. It's also the UK indie clubs. A Smiths night in London last w/e proudly declared they would be maintaining their policy of no solo Morrissey songs. (other longstanding Smiths/Morrissey nights have closed down completely). It's also the UK record shops - many proudly refuse to stock him. If you think any of this is about to change any time soon, your level of delusion is spectacular. In terms of public perception, he's quite simply a far-right racist - it doesn't matter what slogans he wears on his t-shirt.

They got their perception from the press & they'll eventually unget it. I'm really not that worried about a bunch of Indie hipsters, we all know they're the most phobic segment of the market & they take a bit of work.

Got a great life mate. Retiring in a few years, money in the bank, house paid for, family great, and I like to call out racists in my spare time. Loving it.

wait... you slag off Morrissey because he wants to get paid for what he does, yet three of the top five things in your life are based entirely on money?

Course it is. That's why he can't sell venues out, his releases barely sell, he's courted by bigots, and fewer people than ever are chucking money his way.

Yeah, that's a reputation on the turn for the better.

One things for sure: your reputation will never be on the turn; you’ll always be a bore who thrives on negative attention: deep-rooted issues.

Keep telling yourself that, ‘mate’.

Your daily posts on here are evidence that nothing could be further from the truth.

Do you really think that you’re achieving anything by ‘calling out racists’???

The only thing you’ve achieved here, day after day, year after year, is being known as a confused laughing stock who clearly can’t cut the umbilical cord to his mother: Ms. Moz.

I dread the day you retire, as I fear it will mean an increase in your already over-abundant posts here.

Pathetic beyond belief

It's actually quite funny that a bunch of normals think they're being virtuous by turning on a person as marginal & dysfunctional as Morrissey. They're going to look like heartless shits.

They got their perception from the press & they'll eventually unget it. I'm really not that worried about a bunch of Indie hipsters, we all know they're the most phobic segment of the market & they take a bit of work.
Unfortunately it's not just the indie hipsters either. It's over half the fan-base and, more importantly, the perception of the entire general public. Where once stood a weirdo, eccentric, anti-royalist vegetarian now stands a ghastly, deeply unpleasant, far-right bigoted racist. Ignored by radio stations and hated by the indie world that spawned him, there will be no more record deals and therefore new albums as long as he lives (and continues to offer unequivocal support to far-right parties, however misguidedly). Perhaps you will be a little more 'that worried' by this prospect.

Unfortunately it's not just the indie hipsters either. It's over half the fan-base and, more importantly, the perception of the entire general public. Where once stood a weirdo, eccentric, anti-royalist vegetarian now stands a ghastly, deeply unpleasant, far-right bigoted racist. Ignored by radio stations and hated by the indie world that spawned him, there will be no more record deals and therefore new albums as long as he lives (and continues to offer unequivocal support to far-right parties, however misguidedly). Perhaps you will be a little more 'that worried' by this prospect.

No. Not remotely worried. It turns on a hairpin. The fact that you enjoy predicting his doom shows he still has it.

I'm not saying you're wrong but did you ever watch the movie 'Trolls'. One of the characters reminds me of you sometimes.

b656179197456fc1d623fcd559ca32aa_downloads-play-trolls_412-200.gif

It might be more convincing if it hadn't started before the Manchester bomb Facebook post & if it didn't encompass everything about Moz from his weight to his music.

20200317_185000.jpg

Better late and all that...
Regards,
FWD.

It's only impossible because the hacks won't let it go.

They could focus on any number of things about him, from his veganism to his unstable identity issues. But that would require thinking.

Oddball alert!!!?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom