Question for console gamers

Skinner

RIP The Rev
Hi there. My domestic partner is annoying the crap out of me because he wants a PS3 so badly. His reasons include it plays blue rays and the games are supposed to be the best out there right now.

I would prefer a Wii but I have heard from some friends that it gets old quickly. I know that PS3 offers certain "retro" discs, one of which is a disc with 40 classic sega games on it including Altered Beast which is one of my all time favs.

I am considering this purchase if we decide not to get cable tv, and subscribe to a netflix account. Is this a wise choice or is Wii better or should I just wait until the next big thing comes out/how long will that be?

Re: Question for console gamers...

I like the XBOX 360 (no blu ray tho)

The PS3 is best for gaming and cheap when you consider you are getting a bluray player too...it started off at £450 and its down to £250 now for the slimline version with loads of memory. It will be a long while before an updated version comes out I would think.

The Wii is great fun but unless you have people round alot or kids then yeah it does get a bit old. Some great games though and Wii Fit which is pretty good. There is also a nice black version that has just come out that would go with my TV etc which is very tempting...

Sorry I dont think that really helped!!!!

The PS3 is best for gaming and cheap when you consider you are getting a bluray player too...it started off at £450 and its down to £250 now for the slimline version with loads of memory. It will be a long while before an updated version comes out I would think.

The Wii is great fun but unless you have people round alot or kids then yeah it does get a bit old. Some great games though and Wii Fit which is pretty good. There is also a nice black version that has just come out that would go with my TV etc which is very tempting...

Sorry I dont think that really helped!!!!

This is good feedback, I appricaite it.

Anyone else?...

Wii ftw.

Hi there. My domestic partner is annoying the crap out of me because he wants a PS3 so badly. His reasons include it plays blue rays and the games are supposed to be the best out there right now.

I would prefer a Wii but I have heard from some friends that it gets old quickly. I know that PS3 offers certain "retro" discs, one of which is a disc with 40 classic sega games on it including Altered Beast which is one of my all time favs.

I am considering this purchase if we decide not to get cable tv, and subscribe to a netflix account. Is this a wise choice or is Wii better or should I just wait until the next big thing comes out/how long will that be?

dude ps3 by faaaar

Just don't get an Xbox.
I got one a while ago. It's stupid. And expensive. And dumb.

You're young and gay and have disposable income. Get all three.

While I'm not entirely gay, I sadly don't have disposable income.

p.s. For the 100th time...Skinner=female!

While I'm not entirely gay, I sadly don't have disposable income.

p.s. For the 100th time...Skinner=female!

:lbf: Oh sorry! I saw 'domestic partner' and assumed.
If I were gay, my man and I would have all 3 systems! :thumb:

The Wii is great fun but unless you have people round alot or kids then yeah it does get a bit old.

I think that's an excellent point. The Wii seems like the modern day ping pong table. Great fun for a few weeks, but loses its luster quickly thereafter. In contrast, the PS3 has got so much versatility. Games, downloading capability, netflix, Blu-ray...

I also highly recommend the Discovery documentary Planet Earth on Blu-ray. It is stunning.

The PS3 is best for gaming and cheap when you consider you are getting a bluray player too...it started off at £450 and its down to £250 now.

PS3 ftw and it's down to £199.99 till Sunday at Sainsburys with the superb new C.O.D. 2 priced at £26 instead of £40 till Sunday as well. One item per person, though.

Nah, you just need an XBOX 360 and a Wii. Then you can be cool like me! :thumb: I still play my old Gamecube (w/ the Gameboy adaptor), too. :)

Be careful with the Wii. You might break your TV like this douchebag:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CkU2j8XXOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CkU2j8XXOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom