Rapper Jake Hill cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue

A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard
A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
"I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Rappers have always stood up for social issues like police brutality, equal education access and the horrors of crack. Now Jake Hill has courageously joined this tradition and taken a stand against not being able to eat meat at a concert venue.

Wouldn't the 'cool rapper' move have been to defy the ban, chow down on stage, max out the manager's credit card on GrubHub, toss several hundred tenders out into the crowd, and dare the venue to claim a breach? Not like Moz was going to catch a whiff from outside the venue or anything.

And I would think that--seeing he is from Alabama--eating outside would be a preference, if not a requirement.

Good for him. And I say that as an almost life-long vegetarian. By all means have a position, but don't foist that position on people who didn't want or ask for the consequences; I assume the people going to a Morrissey show know what they're letting themselves in for in terms of the T&Cs, but for those not going? There's a word for that type of behaviour.
Always first on here to Post as soon as a thread comes in, you must hover over this site waiting and waiting, oh skinny so much to answer for. By all means your position is at the bottom of a toilet looking up, and of course you love it...

Good for him. And I say that as an almost life-long vegetarian. By all means have a position, but don't foist that position on people who didn't want or ask for the consequences; I assume the people going to a Morrissey show know what they're letting themselves in for in terms of the T&Cs, but for those not going? There's a word for that type of behaviour.

It's really not that big of a deal.
Breathe in , breathe out...
better now?

Did Morrissey ever have an impact on your decision and adherence to vegetarianism?

WIBBLE !

Who?

"By all means have a position, but don't foist that position on people"...you f***ing hypocrite!

You try (unsuccessfully) to foist your 'position on people' on here everyday!

So now, amongst many other unpleasant things, yr a hypocrite, racist, bigot, fascist & so many other things that I just can't be arsed to type..except maybe 'arse-wipe extraordinaire'...oh, & 'wanker'.

End.
He gives his opinion and its mostly spot on. He can see that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Funnily enough, by cancelling his gig due to a minor annoyance he is actually playing homage to Morrissey.
No. He is one more intelligent person denouncing the disgrace that is the criminal Morrissey. Insane dictatorial fascist narcissist racist Morrissey. Stalking for fame. Disgusting man

what a tosser. everyone with a half a brain knows that adopting a plant based diet is the best thing for the human race - for all sorts of reasons. on Moz's part it's called making a stand.

He gives his opinion and its mostly spot on. He can see that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Wrong, f***wit, on all counts.

He foists, everyday & every which way.
He opines, he hates, he spreads poison.
The guy needs sectioning, seriously.
Take off the skinny-tinted lenses, retard.

P.S he only does this to increase traffic on this shit site. Happy to oblige from time 2 time however, just to point out his misgivings & provide him with sm reality-based thinking.

Man's an defiled, utter, anal orifice.

So, in real terms, he folded & did actually bow to the Mozmeister by cancelling. Next non-article skinny, please.

Use Morrissey as a tool like the rest of the moron's (record store, Guardian and countless others). Grab your 15 minutes of FAME. It is fleeting

Sorry let me call you by your real stage name DJ BootyButt

No really that is the name he went by.....DJ BootyButt

NEED I SAY ANY MORE??????????

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom