Rapper Jake Hill cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue

A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard
A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
"I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I find chik-fil-a every bit as abhorrent as Morrissey. I love a good chicken sandwich as much as the next guy, but I don't need any homophobia or religious guilt hiding betwixt the buns.

Murdering living creatures and eating flesh is objectively worse than homophobia.

Jake looks like he was one chromosome from disaster. So don’t be DOWN on him. :oops:

That rapper looks like he still sucks his mommies tittie. Who cares what this prepubescent boy wants. He's used to Mommy getting him chicken nuggets when he's cranky. The show was better for him canceling

First of all you ignorant f***,"that rapper" youre speaking of, mother's dead, second of all he expresses his freedom of speech and how he shouldnt have to listen to some guy who thinks he can just tell people what to do.

There are some on here that berate Morrissey for cancelling a gig. You know who you are! But when some unknown white rapper (which is funny! Wtf does he have to rap about? Being white?) cancels a gig, you're all ok with it...

Listen to his music then you can voice your opinion racist c***

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom