Read Morrissey's Scathing Open Letter to Al Gore and Live Earth - Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey Urges Al Gore to have Vegan Event

For someone who cares about the environment Morrissey has a hell of a carbon footprint.

It's his job. But holding up Julia like a feminist saint who has a pointless carbon footprint for the sake of idolatry...that's bad nature mojo.

Do you not see the selective nature of his arguments? He chooses to fight causes solely on HIS terms, which end up being those that are most convenient for HIM. What does he offer more than a finger wag and you are mean and stupid for doing something....nothing. The fact that he persuaded a few hundred followers to convert to vegetarianism doesn't move the needle in my mind. Try to effectuate real change through effort and cooperation with those that might not share his beliefs...that would be something...something that will never happen given his recent TTY diatribes.

I agree 100%. He's comfortable in his position of pointing fingers and judging behavior, but if he was serious about change he'd work WITH meat eaters and lead by example, not judge them. Also I think you're wrong about a few hundred followers. I'd hazard a guess Morrissey has swayed a few hundred THOUSAND people to convert to vegetarianism, so he has a hook. He just doesn't know how to fish very well, pardon the metaphor.

(note to mods/ Please do not merge anonymous comments, seems to create a few probs :D)

For someone who cares about the environment Morrissey has a hell of a carbon footprint.

Yes indeed. But... who could resist a birthday in Sydney... Yes, me, you, and many polar bears, but who else...

Anyway. Here I think Morrissey is... right. (hell freezes over!!)

...but as others have said...this is probably tainted by a bit of self-promotion.

Also, Morrissey publicly telling off Al Gore in a letter, when he could have chilled with him in Switzerland, have him over for vegan dinner or whatever, (maybe give Pharrell a couple of carrot sticks to nibble on while the grown-ups talk), does seem a tad presumptuous. I wouldn't say it's a scathing letter but it's not cordial either. I don't know, seems to me big decisions are made in small circles...Why rub billionaires the wrong way?

And he doesn't ask anyone to back this up either, does he? Is there a petition anywhere for us, the little people, to sign? Course not.

Morrissey has good intentions, but the problem is they often remain just that. Problem is, wanting to appear to be good is not the same as doing good... And there are things you can't do by yourself (or with PETA. rofl)

Other than that... no criticism. :D

Morrissey does interviews when Morrissey has tickets to sell. That, and him being the world's only UKIP supporting Green, is all anyone needs to know about his true feelings.

His concerns for the planet coincide precisely with him dragging twenty people and ten tons of equipment back and forth across the globe, yet strangely do not prevent him from doing so.

The Swan is singing. Do you mind if i shed a tear, i know its over still i cling. My Morrissey is slipping away

The Swan is singing. Do you mind if i shed a tear, i know its over still i cling. My Morrissey is slipping away

Jesus ... He isn't "your Morrissey". Never was and never will. Get a life.

He doesn't have to live up to your idea of what he is. f*** you. Accept him or don't.

I dont now where else i can go......
I wish i wish oh i wish, i knew you Morrissey before all this

- - - Updated - - -

Oh mother i can feel the soil falling over my heart. I can't explain it but something is gone..... Or maybe i never really knew Morrissey.The sad thing is i do love Morrissey so much

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont now where else i can go......
I wish i wish oh i wish, i knew you Morrissey before all this

- - - Updated - - -

Oh mother i can feel the soil falling over my heart. I can't explain it but something is gone..... Or maybe i never really knew Morrissey.The sad thing is i do love Morrissey so much

You are a psycho.

omgstfu.

I wonder if he's going to go the full "Bono" and actually get off his fat arse and get his hands dirty meeting important people to make these changes ? Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words and travelling the world living in Pestana hotel luxury whilst clocking up a massive carbon footprint.
No he's just talking the bollocks as usual.
I'm sure his mileage can't be far behind Mr Beckham's.
Until he comes out with a lengthy explanation on his lengthy past hypocracy to his latest mission statement on saving the world he cannot be taken seriously for he is a LAZY, CHARLATAN, SELFISH, YELLOW-BELLY, JACKANORY STORY TELLING, DAVID ICKE, CRANKFRAUD, CHEESEATARIAN.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

ALL OF THIS ^^^ Hey forget lazy sunbathers...me thinks we got a lazy activist on our hands BtBB ;)

I agree 100%. He's comfortable in his position of pointing fingers and judging behavior, but if he was serious about change he'd work WITH meat eaters and lead by example, not judge them. Also I think you're wrong about a few hundred followers. I'd hazard a guess Morrissey has swayed a few hundred THOUSAND people to convert to vegetarianism, so he has a hook. He just doesn't know how to fish very well, pardon the metaphor.

That is quite a rather large number given the scope of his reach and his mostly out of the spotlight, underground nature he has pursued and polished over these many years. Adding in numbers from around the world maybe we could meet at a few thousand people :D

I wonder if he's going to go the full "Bono" and actually get off his fat arse and get his hands dirty meeting important people to make these changes ? Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words and travelling the world living in Pestana hotel luxury whilst clocking up a massive carbon footprint.
No he's just talking the bollocks as usual.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Talking about yourself again you pathetic waste of a spunk stain?

Morrisseys ass is not fat, Benny

Talking about yourself again you pathetic waste of a spunk stain?

I am off for the day, but I can always count on you Chaz for a laugh. Your writing is ever so poetic! It really paints (stains) a picture.

That is quite a rather large number given the scope of his reach and his mostly out of the spotlight, underground nature he has pursued and polished over these many years. Adding in numbers from around the world maybe we could meet at a few thousand people :D

And we must count all the vegetarian children of the people who became vegetarian because of Moz :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom