Read Morrissey's Scathing Open Letter to Al Gore and Live Earth - Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey Urges Al Gore to have Vegan Event

Exactly. Besides, everyone knows the party's in the back. Hey-ohhhhhhhh! I'll get me coat.

No but seriously, I'd give more consideration to veganism and Peta's stance if I didn't get such a creepy Jim Jones vibe from the whole organization. Just being honest. I don't want to lecture my dad for eating a burger. I don't want to feel guilty I use a leash to keep Barney from being hit by a car. I don't want to feel disdain within the proximity of a chicken sandwich at a restaurant. Life's too short, there are more effective ways to fight for animal rights, converting concert venues to vegan for a night seems like a waste of energy.

Veganism doesn't need fat-dead-cow-Cheesetarian ghouls like you. You and your Dad are well-matched, both Animal Serial Killers. It's all about your gross, obese life, isn't it? The Animals are just an absurd prop for your schizophrenic ramblings. Listen to The Birds again: they hate you, so does your dog. Animals don't need a fat, creepy Morrissey stalker from Cali to grant them rights. They have them already, but Human scum like you and your Dad violated them as you eat your cheese/chicken sandwich in whatever temple of Carnism you currently deem 'acceptable'.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

For those critical about Morrissey's regular travelling, the meat and dairy industry causes more gas emissions than all the worlds transport industries combined.

And he stated this clearly in his blast at Eavis/Glastonbury. And those using a laptop/mobile phone to be critical of Morrissey's travelling are entirely delusional. Veganism is just part of the tapestry of unravelling the Speciesist Apocalypse of Industrial Civilisation.

best
BB

I love you Morrissey, so, so, much. All the way around the World and back again. I can't think about anything else, all I need is you.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Is pleased to announce the launch of his official fan club, please send all mail to the poster above or his stalker come fan-bitch Charles Cheswick.
No posts can be returned and not all will be answered.
Thanks

Ummmm.... There is no such thing as "global climate change." At least not in a way that makes a crapload of difference to the Earth. The arrogance of people is shocking to me...

Ummmm.... There is no such thing as "global climate change." At least not in a way that makes a crapload of difference to the Earth. The arrogance of people is shocking to me...

Tell that to the polar icecaps:

Everybody give Charles a big round of applause well done you !
You've posted something original Charles, shall we print it on the big printer so you can take it home and show your Mummy and Daddy what you did today all by yourself ?

methinks upright charlie has been caught with his mittens in the pickle jar, posting as an anon. necessity points at him as the origin of most troll anons.

methinks upright charlie has been caught with his mittens in the pickle jar, posting as an anon. necessity points at him as the origin of most troll anons.

Haha, just the once, I couldn't get it right so re-posted as me. You can look for that IP hash elsewhere on the site, it's one of a kind.

Or am I you as well? Let me know.

all anon posts attacking the three wise men and possibly reality can be sourced from charlie. surely such a clever charlie knows how to disguise his ip but even the smoothest of criminals slip and show their hand.

The Rolling Stones article says Morrissey has written this letter in conjunction with PETA. I'm not sure how, though, of course, he has supported PETA often in the past. I don't think an alliance with PETA is such a great thing:

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/#petakills

With his recent quoting of the extremist Gary Yourofsky, amongst other things, I am feeling a steep decline in my respect for Morrissey lately.

I was going to post about the thousands of dogs and cats that PETA kills each year, but you beat me to it. So, thank you!

PETA is filled to the brim with lunatics who hide behind their self-righteousness while they kill healthy shelter animals.

I do wonder, however...in regards to meat consumption...how much less of an impact on the environment would the meat industry
have if we had absolutely zero fast food chains? No militant vegetarian is ever going to convince the world to stop eating meat, but
a decrease is still enormous. No KFC, no McDonalds, no Burger King etc. Imagine that? Just a thought.

Morrissey is up to his old antics of writing silly letters that hover around his tours. BIG SURPRISE.

Annoying as it is, he's 100% correct. A diet with meat as principal source of protein is completely unsustainable, and counter to Gore's message, so, therefore, meat needs to disappear from Gore's talks on conservation. However, so is the lifestyle of a touring musician, as many here have pointed out. Morrissey as a business is likely a bigger polluter than 50 meat-eaters put together. Morrissey is the hypocrite's hypocrite, news at noon - you've known this since the '80s if you've been alive that long and also paying attention.

Nevermind being angry, does anyone here just find it extremely amusing that Morrissey seems to have been put onto veganism as a concept, like, yesterday? It's illustrative of the kind of bubble that he lives in if Mr. PETA, Mr. radical animal rights rhetoric since the f***ing 1980s is only just waking up to the idea that the dairy industry is harmful to animals. That letter to Michael Eavis was so ridiculous, it read like the words of a 15 year old boy just now discovering the dark side of dairy and all of a sudden feeling guilty for drinking entire gallons of milk after football practice. But I suppose Morrissey is perennially, terminally 15, just now realizing these things that most adults take as given facts and registering his shock. Yes, Morrissey, the class system is unjust, farming hurts animals even if you don't eat their flesh, water is wet and the sun will rise in the morning.

I loathe the poster AztecCamera as much as one can loathe anyone. What a grating, wretched nonentity of a person.

I think I'm drunk.

Yes I think lynnda might be interested in this troll

I suppose Morrissey is perennially, terminally 15.

That reminds me of the time brett Anderson meet moz. Brett said he was like a teenager. Bit harsh, but Morrissey did say that Angie Bowie remark

But on another note, The best and funniest posters on MSolo must be Benny and charlie.

Annoying as it is, he's 100% correct. A diet with meat as principal source of protein is completely unsustainable, and counter to Gore's message, so, therefore, meat needs to disappear from Gore's talks on conservation. However, so is the lifestyle of a touring musician, as many here have pointed out. Morrissey as a business is likely a bigger polluter than 50 meat-eaters put together. Morrissey is the hypocrite's hypocrite, news at noon - you've known this since the '80s if you've been alive that long and also paying attention.

Nevermind being angry, does anyone here just find it extremely amusing that Morrissey seems to have been put onto veganism as a concept, like, yesterday? It's illustrative of the kind of bubble that he lives in if Mr. PETA, Mr. radical animal rights rhetoric since the f***ing 1980s is only just waking up to the idea that the dairy industry is harmful to animals. That letter to Michael Eavis was so ridiculous, it read like the words of a 15 year old boy just now discovering the dark side of dairy and all of a sudden feeling guilty for drinking entire gallons of milk after football practice. But I suppose Morrissey is perennially, terminally 15, just now realizing these things that most adults take as given facts and registering his shock. Yes, Morrissey, the class system is unjust, farming hurts animals even if you don't eat their flesh, water is wet and the sun will rise in the morning.

I loathe the poster AztecCamera as much as one can loathe anyone. What a grating, wretched nonentity of a person.

I think I'm drunk.

I like your post. When I first saw his autographs and writings my first thought was "How childlike". I also thinks he conducts his relationships in a regressive way much like a teenager. Whether it is The Smiths, or previous collaborators or even one-time friends it seems as though he never directly has an adult conversation when it comes to ending a relationship. He employs things like ignoring the person until they go away, paying a hired hand to do his dirty work, or moving on without giving the other a clue as to why he has removed himself from their lives. If this is the kind of stuff you write whilst intoxicated....you should drink more often.

The subject of AztecCamera comes up quite a bit here. The fact that anyone takes him (and I 100% believe it is a him) the least bit seriously is amazing to me. Most of the things he writes is just to get a rise out of people or potentially he is a complete lunatic. Either way I find many of his posts quite amusing (minus the racism) really. To each his/her own.

I think morrisseys penmanship has always been childlike. Quite cute in a way. Evennow, where you in the gothenburg booksigning

I think I'm drunk.

yes you are, as peeps have living on meat based diets for centuries.

I think morrisseys penmanship has always been childlike. Quite cute in a way. Evennow, where you in the gothenburg booksigning

When you met him did you give him all that advice you had planned and then told him your 90's morrissey is slipping away?

I am trapped in the United States by the need to earn enough money to support my existence. International travel, as an option, has not presented itself to me yet.

PS. that is not my real picture on my Avatar ;)

Not only is it possible for venues to provide a 100 percent meat-free menu-as is done now at every concert venue in which I perform, including Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June-it's also a moral duty.
Also note that there are tickets still available to see me perform at the Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June, I shall be there in full health despite the ca[COUGH]cer rumours, the microphone will one day be my tombstone, you never know it might be the microphone at the Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June.
Also note that at the Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June (did I also mention I still have no record deal despite having a show at Madison Square Garden)
I shall be selling tagging stencils and o-zone friendly spray paints to decorate the planet earth with.
I hope to see you all at Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June but if you can't afford the ticket my people will be giving them away outside the Madison Square Garden at the end of June. (Where I have a show).

STEVEN ACTION McMORRISSEY

Oh Benny it's great to have you back on board HMS Solo

all anon posts attacking the three wise men and possibly reality can be sourced from charlie. surely such a clever charlie knows how to disguise his ip but even the smoothest of criminals slip and show their hand.

I like the idea that I'm some sort of evil overlord. I shall strive to post as anon more frequently.

Re: Morrissey Urges Al Gore to have Vegan Event

Bravo! Well said, Mr. Moz! Who does Al Gore think he's kidding? No wonder South Park mocked him mercilessly.

Once I went to an Animal Law presentation by the San Diego County Bar Association and guess what "food" items they were serving? Yep. Meat and cheese! The fat-slob officers in attendance were piling it on high. And I met a dude who said he's for animal rights, but eating them is okay. This was a person who thought he had a high IQ. TARDO!

Dear Mr. Gore and Mr. Wall,

I am writing to ask you to do the one thing that will do the most good for the planet and the majority of its inhabitants: not serve meat or dairy products at Live Earth 2015. I don't mean offering a vegan option-I mean not serving animal products at all. Otherwise, the event will make no sense-it'll be "greenwashing." Serving meat and dairy products at an event to combat climate change is like selling pistols at a gun-control rally. Your responsibility is to alert people to a crisis, not sell out to the vendors responsible for it.

Not only is it possible for venues to provide a 100 percent meat-free menu-as is done now at every concert venue in which I perform, including Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June-it's also a moral duty.

We already know that raising animals for food is a leading cause of climate change and that moving toward a vegan diet is necessary to combat climate change's worst effects. Animal agriculture severely affects the world's freshwater supply and is a major contributor to global greenhouse-gas emissions, deforestation, loss of biodiversity, and air and water pollution, among many other harmful effects.

Since you can't miss the fact that meat consumption is killing the planet-your own sponsor organization, the United Nations, states this-and since venues can and will cater vegan food for events, if you choose to serve animal flesh at Live Earth, you'll be making a mockery of the very concept of the event, in which case it should be renamed "Dead Earth: We Contributed!"

Don't be a denier of the causes of climate change. You know the facts. Make the right choice.

Sincerely, Morrissey

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...al-gore-and-live-earth-20150429#ixzz3YiU5SFJv
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

- - - Updated - - -

well done and well said!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom