Read Morrissey's Scathing Open Letter to Al Gore and Live Earth - Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey Urges Al Gore to have Vegan Event

Why do they ALWAYS use adjectives like "scathing" when writing about Moz? I didn't find this letter scathing at all.

because they are lazy and tend to always say the same things regarless of context, much like a few "fans" in here...

- - - Updated - - -

This global warming crap is all based on lies and phony statistics to begin with.

I'm sorry but it's black or white, there is no in between, stop making excuses your as bad as those who hark that the Dubliner cheese in the Zagreb rider was for the lawnmower parts.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That was last year and obviously things can change.

And yet many followed him and became vegetarian. And some of them even became vegan in the process even though Moz himself needed a bit longer.

Just think about the increase in hybrid/electric car sales if he is seen driving around in a Prius ;)

First time Morrissey has ever mentioned veganism? Hopefully it becomes more common and the consistent focus of his animal rights activism.

Al Gore got there before him:

"Over a year ago I changed my diet to a vegan diet, really just to experiment to see what it was like," he says. "And I felt better, so I continued with it. Now, for many people, that choice is connected to environmental ethics and health issues and all that stuff, but I just wanted to try it to see what it was like. In a visceral way, I felt better, so I've continued with it and I'm likely to continue it for the rest of my life."

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-w...hell-likely-stay-vegan-for-life#ixzz3Yimhf3gP

because they are lazy and tend to always say the same things regarless of context, much like a few "fans" in here...

- - - Updated - - -

This global warming crap is all based on lies and phony statistics to begin with.

It's called climate change and the polar bears on he melting ice caps and the people in New England who saw 100" of snow can tell you it isn't false.

AKA I'm going on tour, my name needs to be in the news, buy my tickets.

yes, skinny, you have him down to a peg. whenever there is a tour, he comes out with some meandering messagel on tty.
its kind of sad what moz has become.

Why do they ALWAYS use adjectives like "scathing" when writing about Moz? I didn't find this letter scathing at all.

In other news he "Rips Al Gore". I suppose that's JUST THE WAY IT GOES :D

Sun spots.

First time Morrissey has ever mentioned veganism? Hopefully it becomes more common and the consistent focus of his animal rights activism.

Al Gore got there before him:

"Over a year ago I changed my diet to a vegan diet, really just to experiment to see what it was like," he says. "And I felt better, so I continued with it. Now, for many people, that choice is connected to environmental ethics and health issues and all that stuff, but I just wanted to try it to see what it was like. In a visceral way, I felt better, so I've continued with it and I'm likely to continue it for the rest of my life."

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-w...hell-likely-stay-vegan-for-life#ixzz3Yimhf3gP

AHA!!! so in effect al gore should have been writing moz the dubliner cheese eater open letters instead of the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

nobody involved with that conference knows who morrissey even is. somehow he has worked up in his mind hes some sort of mini pope, always pontificating at people who never have heard of him. strange if not bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

AHA!!! so in effect al gore should have been writing moz the dubliner cheese eater open letters instead of the other way around.

No, he should have come to the conclusion by himself but as I see it his motivations weren't really the treatment of animals or the environment. He just wanted to try it, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF!? WHY was my post messed with? I didn't write anything about GLOBAL warming...?????? that's how this site works? people add things to our posts? and no, global warming is not based on lies!

It's called climate change and the polar bears on he melting ice caps and the people in New England who saw 100" of snow can tell you it isn't false.

I know AND I agree. I wrote the first part and someone (not me) updated and wrote the second which is crazy. I wrote "because they are lazy and tend to always say the same things regarless of context, much like a few "fans" in here..." and I stand by it. I didn't write the second part and I don't agree with it

He does tend to tour at some point most of the year round though and usually you have to have something to flog in order to get an interview. If anything his stance goes against selling tickets, he seems to piss more people off with it than he converts.

Please don't bother with him, he's lost. I would say it, but he's never had it, so...

J.

Industrial and automotive fossil fuel burning is also a leading cause. Oh yeah, and he cares so much about the environment he now drives an electric car. Right...interesting how he shifted off the meat = murder to the meat = pollution angle to try and further the cause. Also interesting is how it seems to always be all or nothing with him. Maybe the event could lead to discussions as to how to greatly reduce the affects he speaks of rather than pushing his vegetarian agenda. Ultimatums are a useless tool when trying to build a consensus of non-like minded individuals. He has never gotten this fact.

I wonder if he's going to go the full "Bono" and actually get off his fat arse and get his hands dirty meeting important people to make these changes ? Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words and travelling the world living in Pestana hotel luxury whilst clocking up a massive carbon footprint.
No he's just talking the bollocks as usual. I'm sure his mileage can't be far behind Mr Beckham's.
Until he comes out with a lengthy explanation on his lengthy past hypocracy to his latest mission statement on saving the world he cannot be taken seriously for he is a LAZY, CHARLATAN, SELFISH, YELLOW-BELLY, JACKANORY STORY TELLING, DAVID ICKE, CRANKFRAUD, CHEESEATARIAN.

The pictures polar bears on the ice caps was exposed as a FAKE.

They only showed half the scene.

Man-made global warming is fiction.

Natural climate fluctuations has always been NORMAL for millennia.

For someone who cares about the environment Morrissey has a hell of a carbon footprint.

Laugh out loud !
Says the man that sells stencils at his performances to deface our beautiful earth with poisonous aerosol paints !
YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !

CRANKFRAUD !

Anyone with even 1% intelligence is always dissed by the media. Meat will always be murder unless it is brainless celebrities and prejudiced hack journalists being lowered feet first into a hand-cranked mincer.

Listen to Morrissey?

or

Listen to people complain and trash Morrissey?

Conclusion: This place is a complete waste of time.

Well what do you know! Morrissey isn't a perfect human being! He's trying to bring awareness to a cause and you people have to shit all over it. What do you propose he does? Find electric tour buses and gear trucks?

Do you not see the selective nature of his arguments? He chooses to fight causes solely on HIS terms, which end up being those that are most convenient for HIM. What does he offer more than a finger wag and you are mean and stupid for doing something....nothing. The fact that he persuaded a few hundred followers to convert to vegetarianism doesn't move the needle in my mind. Try to effectuate real change through effort and cooperation with those that might not share his beliefs...that would be something...something that will never happen given his recent TTY diatribes.

open letter to the moz
the stencils you sell at a huge profit. have to be utilized with spray paints containing noxious gases that destroy the atmosphere and the ozone. please reconsider selling these evil little devils.
the dubliner cheese that you were consuming backstage as late as last tour is directly responsible for the torture and murder of baby calves.
we would appreciate a mia culpa at the upcoming gig.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom