Read Morrissey's Scathing Open Letter to Al Gore and Live Earth - Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey Urges Al Gore to have Vegan Event

First time Morrissey has ever mentioned veganism? Hopefully it becomes more common and the consistent focus of his animal rights activism.

Al Gore got there before him:

"Over a year ago I changed my diet to a vegan diet, really just to experiment to see what it was like," he says. "And I felt better, so I continued with it. Now, for many people, that choice is connected to environmental ethics and health issues and all that stuff, but I just wanted to try it to see what it was like. In a visceral way, I felt better, so I've continued with it and I'm likely to continue it for the rest of my life."

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-w...hell-likely-stay-vegan-for-life#ixzz3Yimhf3gP

He's often been wrongly described as 'vegan' by lazy reporters/interviewers, but as far as I know, this is the first time he's actually put his balls on the line and irrevocably committed to a tentatively meaningful public position on animal liberation. I'm slightly quizzical about " moving toward a vegan diet" as it implies the last decades of pointless 'vegetarianism/cheesetarianism' are still redeemable. They are not. Things are so much WORSE now than before the utterly pointless nonsense of 'vegetarianism' became the tool whereby dairy farmers like Eavis sold another generation into slavery to totalitarian 'animal husbandry' with help from [previously] 'useful idiots' like Morrissey.

He really needs to re-think his links with PETA as it's illogical for him to help them voice 'indignation' against Gore for not insisting on vegan-only, when they publicly support ludicrous gradualist measures such as 'veggie options' at temples of Carnism. The only meaningful use of celebrity is to use that power to instigate social change. Offering a vegan option amongst the Torture/Slaughter/Corpse menus implies that going Vegan is a lifestyle choice rather than an imperative to avoid membership of a Nazi Human Holocaust Against Animals. Gore obviously thinks that he can lead by example and that 'persuasion' and 'negotiation' are still meaningful, but they're not. BB doesn't negotiate with Nazis. It's time for an Uprising, time for the next phase of Direct Action. At least Morrissey is now safe from Vegan Retribution having finally realised that he has been working as an enemy agent for the last 32 years. He's probably too vulnerable and disorientated at the moment to issue a full 'mea culpa' for 'posing as radical' whilst enshrining the status quo for all these decades, but that's fine. It's a terrible shock to wake up to a dark night of the soul and realise you're living a lie, so kudos to him for edging towards facing his wasted decades. Presumably this will all come out in some fantastic songs on the next album.

Carnism is the oldest religion on earth, the most pernicious ideology. It's no surprise to BB that Morrissey was ensnared by 'vegetarianism', as was Linda McCartney. Facing up to the fact that Milk is WORSE than Meat takes existential courage, especially when there's a clearly visible public data-trail of Morrissey's illogicality over these past decades. BB is looking forward to the next album which will finally debut The Vegan Voice Of Morrissey after years of refusal to face reality. It would have been a vast tragedy if he'd died a prisoner of the Dairy Devils. He isn't a Welfarist, he's an Abolitionist, like BB, Gary Francione and Dr Steven Best. He's picked himself up off the floor and avoided the knock-out blow from BB. Time will tell if he can translate all this into Art or not. Animals don't care about all this, they just want Humans to see and hear their anguish as they continue to suffer the longest, deepest Holocaust in this planet's history.

best
BB

For those critical about Morrissey's regular travelling, the meat and dairy industry causes more gas emissions than all the worlds transport industries combined.

Yet this hypocrite plays shows in countries that promote bullfighting, yet he avoids Canada. He us the biggest effing hypocrite.

OH yeah, well i'm f***ing drunk, what do you think about that?

Industrial and automotive fossil fuel burning is also a leading cause. Oh yeah, and he cares so much about the environment he now drives an electric car. Right...interesting how he shifted off the meat = murder to the meat = pollution angle to try and further the cause. Also interesting is how it seems to always be all or nothing with him. Maybe the event could lead to discussions as to how to greatly reduce the affects he speaks of rather than pushing his vegetarian agenda. Ultimatums are a useless tool when trying to build a consensus of non-like minded individuals. He has never gotten this fact.

If diet is to make a statement regarding climate change, all events should also only sell local and seasonal products.

What else should he do?
Canoe to concerts
Fly on a bewinged appaloosa
Teleport himself
Float on Mike joyces body
Piggyback all the way to the concerts on marrs back
Use the tardis from dr.who
Croon in such a high pitch voice, that he starts to vibrate his way to show in a speed of 100 miles an hour
Call all the animals in the world and tell them they own him one, then ride on top of an herd of animals

FedEx himself, in a box labelled, "caution content might be moody, big and irish"

Give the man a break, everyone leaves a carbon footprint they just do not whine about others carbon foot prints as Dear mozzer.

And thats why we love him. He is like the child that thinks he knows everything and never shuts up about it. But he is still the kid you love the most in your class. Because no artist comes even close to be as great as he is

I liked this one the best, funny.

Not only is it possible for venues to provide a 100 percent meat-free menu-as is done now at every concert venue in which I perform, including Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June-it's also a moral duty.
Also note that there are tickets still available to see me perform at the Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June, I shall be there in full health despite the ca[COUGH]cer rumours, the microphone will one day be my tombstone, you never know it might be the microphone at the Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June.
Also note that at the Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June (did I also mention I still have no record deal despite having a show at Madison Square Garden)
I shall be selling tagging stencils and o-zone friendly spray paints to decorate the planet earth with.
I hope to see you all at Madison Square Garden, where I have a show at the end of June but if you can't afford the ticket my people will be giving them away outside the Madison Square Garden at the end of June. (Where I have a show).

STEVEN ACTION McMORRISSEY

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I love you Morrissey, so, so, much. All the way around the World and back again. I can't think about anything else, all I need is you.

The most interesting thing about this statement is his use of hyphens, very odd indeed. Also folks, he is a genius when it comes to his craft but otherwise just another bloke, don't hang on his every word, make your own minds up.

It IS odd for Al Gore and his cronies to serve animal flesh at a thing like this. Morrisseys metaphore is accurate.

I love you Morrissey, so, so, much, all the way around the World and back again. All I need is you.

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

Everybody give Charles a big round of applause well done you !
You've posted something original Charles, shall we print it on the big printer so you can take it home and show your Mummy and Daddy what you did today all by yourself ?

Can't they do this Live Earth thing by teleconferencing? My brother-in-law can do them a good deal on the necessary equipment.

As for Morrissey's open letter it appears he is now a vegan. Good for him. However isn't the production of soya and clearing of crops for such Islington foodstuffs such as quinoa as much as a threat to climate change as the meat industry clearing swathes of rainforests? Not quite but still......

God knows what the answer is, I do my bit by taking public transport and not having a car and trying to be conscious of where I source my food from.n
I offset this by going on 4 holidays a year to foreign climes, usually by aeroplane and not paying my electricity bill

I'm not ready to go vegan. Hope this isn't a deal breaker for Morrissey, that I'm "failing" him as a fan. :(

You are waddling around with the blubber that you stole from cows. You are a Cheesetarian Animal Serial Killer. You are almost certainly Morrissey's worst possible nightmare and didn't you get his memo? He has also dismissed 'fan' as an insult, years after BB did. Keep up, lard-arse, this is Boot Camp.

best
BB

I agree 100%. He's comfortable in his position of pointing fingers and judging behavior, but if he was serious about change he'd work WITH meat eaters and lead by example, not judge them. Also I think you're wrong about a few hundred followers. I'd hazard a guess Morrissey has swayed a few hundred THOUSAND people to convert to vegetarianism, so he has a hook. He just doesn't know how to fish very well, pardon the metaphor.

f*** Meat-Eaters. f*** Vege-Cheese-Egge-Pesce-tarians. Morrissey has wasted 32 years of his career but has finally woke up from the spell cast by Michael Eavis at Glastonbury in 1984. He's in Boot Camp now with BB and he's loving it, being ordered around by a good looking man in a uniform, which is who BB is. Oh, and f*** You CG, you're a walking mausoleum of stolen cow's milk.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

No, you STFU, you Cheese-tarian crackpot. And stop posting sexual fantasies about Morrissey, it's gross.

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom