Red Hot Chili Peppers /Josh Klinghoffer covers "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" live

So, I guess you're not "californicated"? :)

That’s more for the morrisseys and don drappers of the world. I’m of course from the east coast so we’re supposed to love be New York. Terrible television show as well. Californication that is not mad men

That’s more for the morrisseys and don drappers of the world. I’m of course from the east coast so we’re supposed to love be New York. Terrible television show as well. Californication that is not mad men

Yeah Mad Man was great.
The Californication is the invented word for a "trend" and it seems a not very nice one.
I have to say though when I visited California I have never encountered more friendly, generous an truly helpful people. I was with a girl who had family there and although they didn't know me, they handed the keys to a car, showed me the apartment in the garden, the fridge was loaded and whatever there was they did everything imaginable and not imaginable.
I was in San Diego and the people I met were very nice and kind. There is something relaxed and a very friendly atmosphere.

Yeah Mad Man was great.
The Californication is the invented word for a "trend" and it seems a not very nice one.
I have to say though when I visited California I have never encountered more friendly, generous an truly helpful people. I was with a girl who had family there and although they didn't know me, they handed the keys to a car, showed me the apartment in the garden, the fridge was loaded and whatever there was they did everything imaginable and not imaginable.
I was in San Diego and the people I met were very nice and kind. There is something relaxed and a very friendly atmosphere.

Knew swedes living in San Diego who said americans visit people and walk in and raid the fridge first thing they do.

My mother heard that and felt it was the behaviour of thugs. What some feel is relaxed and friendly others class as having no class at all.

Yeah Mad Man was great.
Yes, they are friendly, but will not be your true friends. It's all fake.

Yeah Mad Man was great.

I don’t find the trend good or bad myself. Both New York and California have been influential trends on culture and draw people to it with all sorts of outcomes just like the British Invasion was a long time ago. I remember when the strokes, a band I’m not fond of, came out and everyone was talking about New York as if being from there was somehow important again. It all just goes back and forth. The Rolling Stones and other sixties bands getting tired of there scene and wanting to play country like they were from the American South to kids in small towns wanting to act like l.a punks. It’s never ending and in a lot of ways I think it interesting. I like that album to by the way. It’s one of the two rhcp albums I do like. A lot of the vocal harmonies on the singles were pretty neat

I always loved Nick Cave's quote: “I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the f*** is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

That's Rich coming from Nick Cave.

Wow, really enjoy this cover. Glad I've been introduced to this fella! I've seen RHCP live but didn't know anything about the members other than anthony and flea. He's really talented and has great taste. He does a great cover of This Is A Low, another very hard song to play live alone (I think), and one of the best songs of all time.

Wow, really enjoy this cover. Glad I've been introduced to this fella! I've seen RHCP live but didn't know anything about the members other than anthony and flea. He's really talented and has great taste. He does a great cover of This Is A Low, another very hard song to play live alone (I think), and one of the best songs of all time.

He's new and was in a band called bicycle thief. He replaced frusciante who is a guitarist I really like

RHCP are outstanding musicians, they can mix it with anyone out there. I think their last album, The Getaway, was excellent. Most of their back catalogue has some outstanding music.

Eh. Can't help but think of Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the f*** is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers."

EDIT: Should've read the thread, someone else was thinking about Nick Cave before me!

i love everyone of rhcp guitarists, except dave navarro, love him in jane's, but not a pepper.
imagine...
Tobias out replaced by josh. he could do this charming man without it sounding like the....strokes.
josh, after john, and hillel before him. all identifiable by the originality of their attack on the guitar.
they are a real band. and yes...anthony can seem like a douche.
josh can handle johnny marr's riffs...jesse has yet to nail one
hope the best for moz, new songs sadly haven't made me feel warm and fuzzy or smile from clever word play.
will always go out to catch a gig, hope for better setlists.
peace & love
peace & love
tony

No disrespect uncleskinny but this is one of the easier Smiths songs to play.

remember a funny story where Ewan McGregor was holding a charity event in London and he hired THE RED HOT CHILLI PIPERS and all these celebs turned up expecting keidas and flea and they got a bunch of scottisg guys wearing kilts and playing songs on the bagpipes.made me laugh at how thick some of these people are.
ps,,guy has a very good voice,quite soothing in fact.

A little misleading to say that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have covered Morrissey - their funk/rock music, lyrics and general vibe is the very antithesis of Morrissey's. But it looks like they were joined relatively recently by a much younger guitarist who is of the 90s indie-kid generation and appears to be something of a Moz fan.
Good for him, frankly, but I doubt the lead singer (Alan?) of the RHCPs could think of anything worse than having to sing (or even listen to) a Morrissey song!

Last edited:
A little misleading to say that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have covered Morrissey - their funk/rock music, lyrics and general vibe is the very antithesis of Morrissey's. But it looks like they were joined relatively recently by a much younger guitarist who is of the 90s indie-kid generation and appears to be something of a Moz fan.
Good for him, frankly, but I doubt the lead singer (Alan?) of the RHCPs could think of anything worse than having to sing (or even listen to) a Morrissey song!

I dunno if Anthony like them but John Frusciante said he like the Smiths and was fascinated by Marr's use of exquisite chords and chord progressions in the Smiths.
He also said he's been listening to a lot of English bands (including The Smiths) when they were writing their album By the Way for inspiration.

And Flea said he also like the Smiths according to these
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=02/04/02/0450235
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=03/02/19/1751245

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom