reporting posts and getting no response about it

I wish you well. Good luck.

Good luck to you. Go ahead and keep our names out of your posts. You don't get that the reason we stopped posting is because we've been busy and the few times we did visit this place, it had gotten mind-numbingly boring. There is no great agenda or plot or anonymous "harassment". At least not from us, anyway. I can't believe I was ever nice to you. Anyway, I am off again. I'm sure I might come around from time to time and see if anything interesting is going on, but I won't really be posting anymore. You're the reason this place has gone to shit. You fill the boards with your drivel and incessant whining.

Don't deny this. Don't have your fiance deny it. She may not even be aware of what a bad boy she is living with. Or maybe she does. CG--don't refute this. Look at the big picture, you will see it is true. Look at the message, not the messenger.

So Viva, you are angry. You were trolled so you became a troll. Then met CG. Became friends. That didn't work out. Started trolling her here. Skylarker and NHNS joined in. CG trolled you back. Was she a troll before then? Or like you, did she start trolling after she was trolled first?

Ignorant me steps in. You work your magic (master manipulator if there ever was one) and form an alliance with me. I am happy to have some new forum friends. You seem nice enough. Witty. Intelligent. I like those qualities. CG turns on me. I side with you guys. Now it seems all I see is her trolling you. But it wasn't that way, was it? You guys wanted her gone. She should be banned. You were banned. FAIR is FAIR. But it doesn't work. She is resilient and as clever as you. You guys leave for three months. CG and I behave very badly. She says some mean things, deceives, lies. I use ad hominem attacks that are very below the belt. It gets ugly.

You witness all this. You never left. You lurked--along with those thirty other websites you visit, that is. Wow, and we have no lives? Cough, cough.

You are pissed now! Really pissed. You created the Wiki, uploaded the Hollywood Bowl gig. You want Glory. Fame. Your name on the front door. realitybites and Geezer now rule the roost. You should rule the roost. They need to go.

Inside the Mind of a Troll

New plan. Troll realitybites anonymously. Geezer doesn't realize it is me. Skylarker probably does but can't be bothered. Oh wait actually he can be manipulated as well. He is just like RB--smart but too honest for their own good. Not me. I am not afraid to lie. I will lie to David. I will use proxies. I will cause mayhem. I want them both banned.

Oh shoot, RB is onto me. I deny it. But I know she knows it is me. She knows I am the ONLY one who would actually come up with such as plan, and has the skills to pull it off. (What took her so long to figure it out? She isn't as smart as she thinks she is. Of course I have told her this twenty times anonymously. I hate her, btw.)

Wow, did I win? Not really. No one got banned. I have been outed. Even if nobody believes RB, she knows it was me and won't respond to my anonymous posts anymore. I guess I lost, because not only are those two not banned, but RB knows I was trolling her. I am a troll. I use proxies. I am sad. I am a loser.

But I am still angry. And want RB banned even more now. I wonder if I should form an alliance with CG? Yes. Plan three...​

Cool story bro.

I've never seen a staunch atheist balls-deep in "faith-based epistemology". Please, carry on with your delusional, grandiose, assumption-riddled, hypocritical, fact-bending, amateur psychoanalysis of someone you've never met...it is amusing.

meme.jpg

Please do not post any further personal attacks or insults on this thread. Take it to the Pigsty. Thanks

Good luck to you. Go ahead and keep our names out of your posts. You don't get that the reason we stopped posting is because we've been busy and the few times we did visit this place, it had gotten mind-numbingly boring. There is no great agenda or plot or anonymous "harassment". At least not from us, anyway. I can't believe I was ever nice to you. Anyway, I am off again. I'm sure I might come around from time to time and see if anything interesting is going on, but I won't really be posting anymore. You're the reason this place has gone to shit. You fill the boards with your drivel and incessant whining.

Oh right. And your constant posting of “Ignore me” and “tgdr” wasn’t witless and mind numbingly boring at all. :rolleyes:

I do think anonymous posts should be monitored more closely, especially if it's offensive towards users of the forum and contains swearing. If that makes me Hitler for having that view, so be it.

I do think anonymous posts should be monitored more closely, especially if it's offensive towards users of the forum and contains swearing. If that makes me Hitler for having that view, so be it.

90% of anonymous posts are monitored by the site administrator himself.

If you don't want to read them, you should use ignore setting.

90% of anonymous posts are monitored by the site administrator himself.

If you don't want to read them, you should use ignore setting.

That is because...

I am still not convinced that 'trolling' is always a bad thing. You may not like it when someone criticizes you but I suggest instead of calling for them to be banished, pause and think why these posts bother you. Completely off-topic insults such as those on personal appearances I would consider worse trolling than the examples you have been bringing up.

How can "trolling" not be a bad thing?
Trolling is not the same as criticizing someone else or taking part in spirited debates.

Trolling should be better monitored- particularly when it's by an anonymous user.

Trolling is not the same as criticizing someone else or taking part in spirited debates.

Trolling should be better monitored- particularly when it's by an anonymous user.

David stated....

If you want to post specific links, I can tell you the reason the post was approved. Generally there is something on-topic besides plainly being a personal attack. Something may get through that shouldn't have, that's possible as I skim through the approvals for violations if there are a lot and don't read every single one in detail.

Your analysis on IP address verification is correct.

So he is not really reading the content. Just looking for obvious TOS violations. So abusive content (abusive to the target) can and does get approved.

The definition of "trolling", according to RealityBites included taking part in spirited debates according to the reported posts. Those were approved as I considered the comments to either be on-topic or relevant. Challenging opinions may be considered trolling for a response. If the definition varies from user to user then there is no way to really use it as a basis for moderation.

The definition of "trolling", according to RealityBites included taking part in spirited debates according to the reported posts. Those were approved as I considered the comments to either be on-topic or relevant. Challenging opinions may be considered trolling for a response. If the definition varies from user to user then there is no way to really use it as a basis for moderation.

There was no spirited debate taking place. Debate is two sided. Takes two to participate. I was not one of the participants. It was not a dialogue. It was a troll monologue. Systematic, methodical harassment. Character assassination, pure and simple. You aren't bothered because: A. It was not you being harassed. B. You don't post here regularly. And C. You have gotten a very thick skin over the years. And don't let things get to you.

This is still being discussed... because others are continuing to ask questions, in this thread. But I am over it--as far as those old posts go. I know who made them. I have all the information I need. I am satisfied. I posted one last time, last night, in the Blunt thread because I wanted all to know that Skylarker was not the one who made those posts. It was Viva. But then Kewpie started it all up again. If she had said nothing, I would not be talking about it again in that thread, today.

I am going to ignore all future anonymous posts that are of the harassing type. That is the plan. What else can one do, under these circumstances?

There was no spirited debate taking place. Debate is two sided. Takes two to participate. I was not one of the participants.

Now you're literally saying that the value of a post is determined by whether or not Princess Jenni deigns to reply to it.

This is still being discussed... because others are continuing to ask questions, in this thread.

And as you refuse to acknowledge, users such as Iona Mink want the opposite of what you want. Why not debate her about this, you self-proclaimed polemicist--because you want her on your side in some future feud?

But I am over it

Uh-huh

--as far as those old posts go. I know who made them. I have all the information I need. I am satisfied. I posted one last time, last night, in the Blunt thread because I wanted all to know that Skylarker was not the one who made those posts. It was Viva.

You're an obsessed stalker. But most stalkers at least know whom they're stalking.

But then Kewpie started it all up again. If she had said nothing, I would not be talking about it again in that thread, today.

CrystalGeezer forces you, somehow to reply to her. Kewpie has forced you, somehow, to reply to her. Are you a marionette? Someone is always pulling your poor little strings.

I am going to ignore all future anonymous posts that are of the harassing type.

You have no meaningful, grown-up definition of "harassing." You'll continue to apply the label to any remarks which offend your vanity.

That is the plan. What else can one do, under these circumstances?

Get a life apart from monitoring your public image on this website?

And as you refuse to acknowledge, users such as Iona Mink want the opposite of what you want. Why not debate her about this, you self-proclaimed polemicist--because you want her on your side in some future feud?

Dear Ben,

Wha? What did I do? :lbf:

You know, to be honest, I am surprised this conversation is still going. The whole who is a troll who isn't is so riddled with potholes. It certainly didn't stop Kewpie proclaiming to the world...well...the board....of those who were looking at the time...anyway, it doesn't matter who, that I was a former troll who had driven away board (bored?) members in the past. Of course, I'm yet to see any proof. Or an apology for that matter, because 'twas certainly not I.

Regardless, my position still stands. I say let chaos reign. Then again, in reality I am a large black man who can more than take care of himself.

gif_morpheus.gif

Bring it bitches.

Ix

Completely off-topic insults such as those on personal appearances I would consider worse trolling than the examples you have been bringing up.

I would agree with this but how many people know what others look like? Besides the attention seekers who post in the Members Pics thread, the rest of us schmucks could resemble any number of deep sea creature. The easiest attack is going to be name calling and insults based on what people have written. Anything else would be a shot in the dark.

Why ban trolls at all if you let them come back and post anonymously?

- - - Updated - - -

I would agree with this but how many people know what others look like? Besides the attention seekers who post in the Members Pics thread, the rest of us schmucks could resemble any number of deep sea creature. The easiest attack is going to be name calling and insults based on what people have written. Anything else would be a shot in the dark.

I think a post insinuating I am having an incestual relationship with my son is worse than one calling someone fat and ugly. Someone might disagree with my opinion. We are all offended by different things. Some are offended easily. Some are offended by nothing.

I think a post insinuating I am having an incestual relationship with my son is worse than one calling someone fat and ugly. Someone might disagree with my opinion. We are all offended by different things. Some are offended easily. Some are offended by nothing.

Absolutely. I think I fall into the latter group mainly because a) I know the truth about me and b) a faceless non-entity's opinion of me really doesn't warrant spending even a second of my time being offended.

I think you have to look at the source, look at the reality and then look at how much this truly affects your life. You may not think being called fat an ugly is so bad because you are not fat and ugly. I suppose if it is a sore point for someone then perhaps it might cut a little deeper than you could imagine.

Absolutely. I think I fall into the latter group mainly because a) I know the truth about me and b) a faceless non-entity's opinion of me really doesn't warrant spending even a second of my time being offended.

I think you have to look at the source, look at the reality and then look at how much this truly affects your life. You may not think being called fat an ugly is so bad because you are not fat and ugly. I suppose if it is a sore point for someone then perhaps it might cut a little deeper than you could imagine.

It is also because you don't make yourself vulnerable. Probably a wise thing. They can't hurt you if they don't know you. Being open is a risk. One I took. I guess I just need to woman up and accept that I knew what that risk entailed. And that the cat is out of the bag. I am not the first nor the last who will deal with this. Is it worth it? Yes. Because even though I may sound upset, I am not. Not really. I have been down this road before. And no real life damage came as a result of any internet insults, or fighting. No one is being threatened. Well, maybe those emails. But that is not being done here. David does not allow threats. Good for him.

I TOO know who I am. And the people I know IRL, know who I am. That is all that matters. Not what some anonymous person who has never met me IRL thinks. I know if they met me they would laugh their ass off at the notion of me having a princess complex. That is a hilarious miscalculation, if there ever was one.

Back
Top Bottom