Responses from people when you say you are a Morrissey fan.

Today when someone says, "Who's Morrissey?" I say yay to myself that he has a chance to have a normal life free of lookyloos.

Bollocks. Let's say I become a vegetarian and so do lots of meateaters. Does our IQ change? Of course not. There would be no difference then. Plus, usually peope aren't vegetarian, they become so at a certain stage in life. If they didn't refuse to eat meat they would still be intelligent.
Oh, I haven't proved my point... Maybe I'm even wrong.

Yeah, you're reading it in the wrong direction, and you're missing the analogy, too.

Smarter people become vegetarians. Smarter people also like Morrissey's work. Not everyone is very smart. Only some people are. There is no such thing as normal, but there is such a thing as average, and we are not it. :D

Who? - is a common response, or if they know who he is "Oh, that old, gay guy?" :mad:

Also, "Oh, the singer for the doors".

I went to the Morrissey Weep-along in Austin this weekend and when I told one of my coworkers on Monday she just laughed.

I had to explain who he was to my co-workers. Then they asked what kind of music does he sing. No one had any clue. My friends like a few songs but they don't understand why I had to see so many shows last year or go on vacation. Oh well. my mom loves his music.

I'm sure this Friday (or whenever it is we're doing it.) will be interesting. I'll be playing a Smiths song in class. We were supposed to bring in a song about a war, but I couldn't think of any Smiths/Moz song that's specifically about a war, so I asked my teacher if I could use Suffer the Children (The Moors Murders) and he said it'd be okay.

Unless someone knows any of the songs that is specifically about war? D:

either way I'm sure everyone's reactions are going to be "wut?" D:<

Well, in IBEH he speaks about Cromwell.

Useally who? ofcourse.. and then I say the singer of the smiths, then they say sounds familiar, then I play some songs of them then I play how soon is now and most people go hey I know that song from somewhere.. then I sigh and say yeah the basterds used a bad cover version for the theme music of charmed.. and then they go oh yeahhh!!!!!!!
and I sigh again. If it goes on most of them like that song or Bigmouth strikes again or pretty girls dig graves or this charming man or girlfriend in a coma.. and when they first get into Mozza its usually Let me kiss you or life is a pigsty, suedehead, the more you ignore me or everyday is like sunday...
very typical!

Got my mate into The Smiths at the weekend...I love spreading the word. She doesn't like 'Miserable Lie' though. :p

I don't really get the 'he's gay'/ 'he's old' responses.
Do other people choose their hero's according to the same criteria they choose their boyfriends?

Last edited:
Once in a Spanish test I had to write about things I like, and one of my sentences was 'Me encanta The Smiths!" (I love The Smiths. Although possibly not because I'm pathetic at Spanish) and then when my Spanish teacher marked it he was like "I also love The Smiths!" I was like :):):) Then this other time in class, don't remember which lesson, the teacher made a joke about Morrissey (they all know) and someone goes "Who's Morrissey??" and then someone else goes "Just some guy that Aimee (me) loves..." I laughed. :D Mainly I just get "Who?" though, because I'm the only person in my class who has heard of THE BEATLES. Needless to say, they think I'm a little weird. Also, once I was talking to someone about music, and I mentioned Morrissey, and the person was like "I have just lost all respect for you" :(

yea, that's the only one that I can think of that ever really even mentions war. D:

I thought about playing you know, Interesting Drug (Which would be so painfully lolzy cause we have JROTC (a military program) and a Naval Academy at our school. that and, well, yea, lotsa people take drugs in our school. D: ), or Crashing Bores (I SOOO wish I could've sang that in the Talent Show.)

I'm also slightly tempted to bring in Jack The Ripper as it is a historical song...sort of.

daily war in school: headmaster ritual:D

"I like The Smiths* but I don't like his solo stuff."

(*The Smiths are now cool so I've been told, by magazines.)

My love for Morrissey started when I insisted my dad bought You Are The Quarry (for himself) ... that must have been around 2004, so he obviously likes him but not so much anymore as Morrissey is played extensively when I'm about. My mum likes 'Let me Kiss You' and has commented on what a good song ' I have Forgiven Jesus is'.
A french student teacher was really excited when I said in my speaking exam practice that mon chanteur prefere s'appelle Morrissey and she said that she had seen him a few years ago.
My best firend wasn't in a very good mood and was having a bit of a go a me saying I was too obsessed with him, my maths teacher overheard and asked who we were on about I said Morrissey and he just went (jokingly) to her "get out", he said how brilliant they are and how he's surprised anyone my age likes them.

About Moz songs dealing with war, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lazy sunbathers yet.

Isn't that song about the great wars? Who cares about history anyways? :p

Typical response:
1. You are so cool!
2. Who? What? I like Linkin Park, and Velvet Revolver, and Fallout Boy, and Lifehouse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom