Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" now ?

Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace&q

• bonus: mixed reviews, low sales, hate expressed, has made me realize this album is a piece of shit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

I thought, like 'Vauxhall', these 'World Peace' songs would sound better on record as a studio album than live. I find from Lisbon this is not the case. I think "The Bullfighter..." and "Earth Is The..." sound very good live. This makes me like the album even more! I could not find "Kiss Me A Lot" on YouTube...is it there?

Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

I thought, like 'Vauxhall', these 'World Peace' songs would sound better on record as a studio album than live. I find from Lisbon this is not the case. I think "The Bullfighter..." and "Earth Is The..." sound very good live. This makes me like the album even more! I could not find "Kiss Me A Lot" on YouTube...is it there?

Not yet, I don’t think. I can’t wait to see that one.

The months since I first heard the album have strengthened my belief that it it is a masterpiece. Like Lou's 'New York', it is proof that an artist with something to say - regardless of their position in life - can always release something beautiful and unique and exceptional. Long live Morrissey!

saw the album for sale in target the other day. thats a good sign i think

A f***ing horrible, incredibly pretentious, obvious-lyrics album. Moz clearly thought he was becoming a 'distinguished writer' with his Autobiography being released, so the stuff about him doing readings in a tux, and the c***y lyrics on this album, tell you all all you need to know. Horrifyingly crap. Stuff like:

'And Allen Ginsberg's howl becomes a growl
Everyone has babies
Babies full of rabies
Rabies full of scabies
Scarlet has a fever'

Makes me want to kill cute baby animals. Please don't give me any pretentious, defensive shit about how it's faux f***ing Beat Poetry. It's just shit, admit it. And the cover seems insulting. Like he blows a dog whistle and all the fans' ears prick up and follow him. Kind of degrading. To me, that is.

Last edited:

A f***ing horrible, incredibly pretentious, obvious-lyrics album. Moz clearly thought he was becoming a 'distinguished writer' with his Autobiography being released, so the stuff about him doing readings in a tux, and the c***y lyrics on this album, tell you all all you need to know. Horrifyingly crap. Stuff like:

'And Allen Ginsberg's howl becomes a growl
Everyone has babies
Babies full of rabies
Rabies full of scabies
Scarlet has a fever'

Makes me want to kill cute baby animals. Please don't give me any pretentious, defensive shit about how it's faux f***ing Beat Poetry. It's just shit, admit it. And the cover seems insulting. Like he blows a dog whistle and all the fans' ears prick up and follow him. Kind of degrading. To me, that is.

haha, you don't like it much then? I'm something much bigger and better than still makes me cringe. Aside from The Bullfighter Dies and Istanbul I find most of it alright though. Favourites are Kiss Me A Lot, Smiler With Knife and Mountjoy.

I give him credit for turning the distortion down a tad and making some stylistic left turns. But it almost feels like an overcompensation for the sturm and drang of Years of Refusal. To my ears, there are some fine moments, but it doesn't cohere overall. A few of the tracks also contain lyrics that to me are patently repugnant and strictly "first draft" for Morrissey, c. 1984 - 1997.

Unfortunately, beginning with You Are The Quarry, my replay frequency has dwindled significantly, album by album. World Peace only has about five tracks that I revisit infrequently. My passions lie elsewhere, I guess.

Just want to pop my head in the door, and say I love World Peace. Loved it from the beginning, feel much the same about it now. If anything probably love it even more. I think it's a very strong album, and I have played it almost constantly since its release.

"I'm something much bigger and better than still makes me cringe."

i like this line because men do stereo-typically rate things by thinking bigger is better (suv's etc muscles). also eludes to measuring yourself and you manhood by measuring your penis which is another male stereotype. turning this back on the stereotype is neat to me and fitting to the rest of the lyrics male stereotypical themes he uses

I'm afraid that I'm finding it an increasingly infuriating album, as the songs can mostly be divided into two categories; either musically inventive but lyrically dire, or lyrically inventive but musically dire. Istanbul and Art-hounds are the only songs that succeed in combining some elements of both.

Still lovin it. Right up there along with Arsenal and Vauxhall as my favourite Morrissey albums. I think once I give it some time to breathe and stop playing it non-stop I may love it even more. On a side note I recently replayed the remastered version of Malajusted only last week and with the new track listing I found it to be a VERY strong album. Pleasantly surprised to reacquaint myself with some cracking songs such as Ammunition, Satan Rejected My Soul, Ambitious Outsiders and Wide to Receive after so many years. Drop Roy's Keen and Papa Jack and replace them with Lost and The Edges Are No Longer Parallel and you have an all time classic (IMHO.)

you go bhops as i fell exactly the same about majadjusted. i was ready to throw in the i have it but hope to never be reminded of it pile but the new track listing really improved that one for me and i now actually like it. cant say the same for southpaw though. honey you know where to fin me can only carry so much

Still lovin it. Right up there along with Arsenal and Vauxhall as my favourite Morrissey albums. I think once I give it some time to breathe and stop playing it non-stop I may love it even more. On a side note I recently replayed the remastered version of Malajusted only last week and with the new track listing I found it to be a VERY strong album. Pleasantly surprised to reacquaint myself with some cracking songs such as Ammunition, Satan Rejected My Soul, Ambitious Outsiders and Wide to Receive after so many years. Drop Roy's Keen and Papa Jack and replace them with Lost and The Edges Are No Longer Parallel and you have an all time classic (IMHO.)

i adore maladjusted. everyone was quick to bury it and praise YATQ ten year ago but i feel there's little between them in terms of that pop/rock/indie sound and i love more of the tracks on the former than i do the latter.

Lost being a b-side - just wow

Other. Why? I like the bonus tracks more than before.
The album is the same or slipped just a tad.

Back
Top Bottom