Richard Davalos, ‘East of Eden’ Actor, Dies at 85

CharlesNelsonReilly1.gif

Hi Bo Ring. My name is Phil Osophy.

yes!! his is like the face you sketch on paper without knowing it exists until you actually see it. for me, the first time was when i saw him in antonioni's l'eclisse, which i was originally watching for monica vitti. such a perfect face, such clean lines, just like a line drawing.

now that is a beautiful man

Richard Davalos was an average actor at best. If you want the real thing try the films of Montgomery Clift. Alongside Marlon Brando he was Dean's favourite actor. Take a look at the copy of a letter that Dean wrote that you can see when Morrissey is in the bath in the Suedehead video bearing the signature 'James (Brando Clift) Dean'. Brando and Dean were great as well and don't believe anyone who disagrees.

Hear we go again...Brits/Euros obsessed with everything American, but at the same time talking shit about Americans like the anonymous cowards on the internet they are.

By the way, can any of you post a pic of Morrissey in Manchester or anywhere in England since supposedly all you cowards say he is in England now? You know like how people post photos of Morrissey home in LA out to dinner at an Italian restaurant, at a concert, shopping, or simply walking down the street...etc. I thought so.
The fans in the UK and Ireland are not brain dead and can nod or say hello to their idol on the street without stalking them or taking photos. The paparazzi probably are not interested in Moz, so that might explain why you don't see many UK photos of him. I've seen him a few times down through the years and never felt compelled to hassle him with a stupid camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a joke? That twit Timberlake? Sweetheart, my taste is much more refined and cultivated than yours, I am afraid. I just won't settle for some Disney Mickey-mouse product. I stay firmly behind my comment that there won't be another Morrissey. Just yesterday I wanted to expand my record collection by something new. So I went through a long list of current international indie artists and was checking out their music, one by one... And what a disappointment I encountered! The same fashion, image, haircuts and the music not even worthy mentioning; truly forgettable. What's more disturbing is that they all sounded the same, as though it was being sang by the same person/group. There really is nothing out there right now (or about last 20 years) that is worth listening to.

I mostly agree but there is the odd great album still being released. Suede's 'Night Thoughts' is excellent. I liked Richard Hawley's 'Hollow Meadows' album too, but that's about all I've liked from the last few months.

My favorite actor of old films is Alain Delon. He was like a dream, super sexy.

Mine too! In Purple Noon (1960) he was *impossibly* beautiful. Alain Delon has many masterpieces behind him: the just-mentioned Purple Noon, Rocco and His Brothers, The Eclipse (one of my favourite films of all time), The Leopard and Godard's Nouvelle Vague (1990).
When it comes to looks, my other favourites could be: Farley Granger (Rope, They Live by Night, Senso), Sal Mineo when he got a little older (Who Killed Teddy Bear?), Tab Hunter (the wonderful Track of the Cat) and Paul Newman. Leonard Whiting is also worth mentioning. Watching him in Franco Zefrelli’s 1968 version of Rome & Juliet is to glimpse perfection.

Aww, you're adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

**I don't even know what this means. **Are you two sharing the same brain or what? Get some help...

you never do. ignorance is bliss, innit? for a while, anyhow, until it runs out like sands in the hourglass...

Hear we go again...Brits/Euros obsessed with everything American, but at the same time talking shit about Americans like the anonymous cowards on the internet they are.

By the way, can any of you post a pic of Morrissey in Manchester or anywhere in England since supposedly all you cowards say he is in England now? You know like how people post photos of Morrissey home in LA out to dinner at an Italian restaurant, at a concert, shopping, or simply walking down the street...etc. I thought so.

What is your problem with British or European people? You do realise Morrissey is British, right? Do you work for immigration or something? Your ranting is baffling.

- - - Updated - - -

He was very, very handsome. In his Autobiography, Morrissey talks about a ring Davalos gave him and he used for years.

My favorite actor of old films is Alain Delon. He was like a dream, super sexy. James Dean was beautiful, like an angel. Marlon Brandon was a babe, totally. Also Jeffrey Hunter, Warren Beattie, Richard Curtis, Robert Redford, Steve McQueen. Handsome men of cinema, unite.

You forgot Paul Newman :)

paulnewman_0927.jpg

What is your problem with British or European people? You do realise Morrissey is British, right? Do you work for immigration or something? Your ranting is baffling.

- - - Updated - - -

paulnewman_0927.jpg

Yes please! Gorgeous, inside and out.

He was very, very handsome. In his Autobiography, Morrissey talks about a ring Davalos gave him and he used for years.

My favorite actor of old films is Alain Delon. He was like a dream, super sexy. James Dean was beautiful, like an angel. Marlon Brandon was a babe, totally. Also Jeffrey Hunter, Warren Beattie, Richard Curtis, Robert Redford, Steve McQueen. Handsome men of cinema, unite.

Delon is so overrated. I've always prefer Pierre Clementi, who not only was a gorgeous babe when he was young, but unlike delon, he wasn't a racist and supporter of the french national front. Besides, he wasn't a great actor at all. He was just lucky to work with great directors

Beauty is subjective. They UPS guy that deliver mail to my office is actually the sexiest man I've ever seen. Well of course after Morrissey.

The fans in the UK and Ireland are not brain dead and can nod or say hello to their idol on the street without stalking them or taking photos. The paparazzi probably are not interested in Moz, so that might explain why you don't see many UK photos of him. I've seen him a few times down through the years and never felt compelled to hassle him with a stupid camera.

- - - Updated - - -

I mostly agree but there is the odd great album still being released. Suede's 'Night Thoughts' is excellent. I liked Richard Hawley's 'Hollow Meadows' album too, but that's about all I've liked from the last few months.
I always appreciate a good suggestion. I will check it out.

Delon is so overrated. I've always prefer Pierre Clementi, who not only was a gorgeous babe when he was young, but unlike delon, he wasn't a racist and supporter of the french national front. Besides, he wasn't a great actor at all. He was just lucky to work with great directors

comme çi, comme ça

it's a particle, it's a wave

but unlike delon, he wasn't a racist and supporter of the french national front.

Just another politically correct nonsense.
He has right to his own views. And it's not so strange, when you realize the negative impact of immigrants on France (and on the whole Europe, strictly speaking), especially as he remembers his homeland as a much better place to live.

Just another politically correct nonsense.
He has right to his own views. And it's not so strange, when you realize the negative impact of immigrants on France (and on the whole Europe, strictly speaking), especially as he remembers his homeland as a much better place to live.

ugh get the f*** out with your xenophobic ass please!!!! Is not another politically correct nonsense, it's just common sense and being a decent human being, just saying ;)

TTY comment posted now.

Sadness.no words. Sadness. Life is a pigsty

That is all? That is all we get? After two days...

Psst. Mozzer how about a tour update?

Unforgivable error :) Checked!

Mine too! In Purple Noon (1960) he was *impossibly* beautiful. Alain Delon has many masterpieces behind him: the just-mentioned Purple Noon, Rocco and His Brothers, The Eclipse (one of my favourite films of all time), The Leopard and Godard's Nouvelle Vague (1990).
When it comes to looks, my other favourites could be: Farley Granger (Rope, They Live by Night, Senso), Sal Mineo when he got a little older (Who Killed Teddy Bear?), Tab Hunter (the wonderful Track of the Cat) and Paul Newman. Leonard Whiting is also worth mentioning. Watching him in Franco Zefrelli’s 1968 version of Rome & Juliet is to glimpse perfection.

I like them all, specially Leonard Whiting.

I didn't know Delon was a racist. Apart from his films, I only know he had a very close friendship for decades with an argentinian boxer (Carlos Monzón). It seems he used to visit Argentina quite frequently when Monzón was alive. Who knows? People change.

I mostly agree but there is the odd great album still being released. Suede's 'Night Thoughts' is excellent.

Speaking of babes...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom