Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this'll be interesting... :unsure:

Perversely looking forward to seeing their interpretations: judging from the NME videos, they'll be played quite straight?

Heard of (but have never listened to) Blossoms, and never thought Rick Astley of all people would be associated with Moz, but here we are...

Racist

This makes me feel weird. Like, YES to flying that Smiths flag HIGH, always. Yes to Rick Astley being like “i heart the smiths!”. Kind of no to everything else.

i dont know the Blossoms though, So.

But i think like just Rick Astley, interspersing Never Gonna Give you up in his 80s outfits, with a Mozzy hologram singing the Smiths would be a way better night out.

This is cool but why not merge both threads together?
One is an event in October and entirely Smiths.
The other is a Smiths performance at the end of a gig getting its own attention.
FWD.

As a young Moz fan, working in a chain record store, one of my co-workers would always call me “Rick Ashley.” He had no idea who Morrissey was, so Rick was the closest reference point (to my hair and clothes) that he knew of. Anyway, full circle I guess.
Rick does a mean Moz btw… the shows sound like a blast!

As a young Moz fan, working in a chain record store, one of my co-workers would always call me “Rick Ashley.” He had no idea who Morrissey was, so Rick was the closest reference point (to my hair and clothes) that he knew of. Anyway, full circle I guess.
Rick does a mean Moz btw… the shows sound like a blast!

I used to get that too. You have my sympathies.

I read about this and genuinely thought: “You know what, that sounds like it could be a good laugh.”

But tickets for London are £40.45. If you could get two for that, fair enough, but bloody hell.

I never liked R Astley's voice,.... it's not that he sings badly, it's that he doesn't tolerate how his voice sounds. Others hang on Moz and Johnny. they sing Smith and clin box!! They charge using the themes of M and J.. and to think that we have the two alive and proud and hard heads do not meet to play !!! It would be a mega news, but nooo !!!the fools of Moz and Johnny do not want and one has to settle for the little crumbs that throw us !!!!!

I read about this and genuinely thought: “You know what, that sounds like it could be a good laugh.”

But tickets for London are £40.45. If you could get two for that, fair enough, but bloody hell.
Ja ja a robbery They hung on Moz and Johnny to earn silver!!!! I wouldn't even pay for that!!! And please Moz Don't even think about singing something by Rick Astley puajjj!!!!

I suspect this will be a significant success. I’ve just heard a snippet of Rick Astley singing The Smiths, with Blossoms, on BBC Radio 4 and it sounded rather good.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom