Rome - Atlantico (Oct. 13, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Davide.

Last edited:
The Queen Is Dead
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Certain People I Know
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet Of All
How Soon Is Now?
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Neil Cassady Drops Dead
Trouble Loves Me
Istanbul
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
To Give The Reason I Live
Meat Is Murder
Speedway
I'm Not A Man
Asleep

Everyday Is Like Sunday

Hey Rome, apparently World Peace is all of your business. :p

The concert was amazing! Set list is accurate. Asleep was especially powerful. Morrissey's vocals were spot on and the band was tight. II hope Morrissey holds up and you all get to witness the new songs. 10/10!

Just come back home. Show started at 9 PM and it was over at 10.30 PM. Moz in good shape, I think, he was happy to play in my city where - he said - everywhere he feels good. I arrived at 7.30 PM and there was a very long queue, about 500 metres of people waiting to go in. Few Moz/Smiths shirts, I have to say, but I was surprised to see a sold out show in a quite big venue like Atalantico. Incredibile, for me, to see two dates in my hometown, despite to "Moz fans" who said he's used to cancel gigs and that it is all a strategy. Crowd was enthusiastic and, surprisingly, lot of guys knew the new album. I mean, lot of people were Smiths' widows (I am too) but they were really there for Morrissey. And the Man did his honest show. No stage invasions, only a girl jumped on stage, helped by Moz. Tomorrow the next show here. I will be of course again at Atlantico, as well, at the moment, in Bologna and Pescara. I will try also to go to Milan and Padova. I can't go to Florence but I have the ticket if somebody need it. Sorry for the mistakes, english is not my mother language. I ever thought I was the only Morrissey fan in this 3 million people city, but I definetely can say I was wrong. Long Life to Morrissey, Roma loves you.

Last edited:
Just come back home. Show started at 9 PM and it was over at 10.30 PM. Moz in good shape, I think, he was happy to play in my city where - he said - everywhere he feels good. I arrived at 7.30 PM and there was a very long queue, about 500 metres of people waiting to go in. Few Moz/Smiths shirts, I have to say, but I was surprised to see a sold out show in a quite big venue like Atalantico. Incredibile, for me, to see two dates in my hometown, despite to "Moz fans" who said he's used to cancel gigs and that it is all a strategy. Crowd was enthusiastic and, surprisingly, lot of guys knew the new album. I mean, lot of people were Smiths' widows (I am too) but they were really there for Morrissey. And the Man did his honest show. No stage invasions, only a girl jumped on stage, helped by Moz. Tomorrow the next show here. I will be of course again at Atlantico, as well, at the moment, in Bologna and Pescara. I will try also to go to Milan and Padova. I can't go to Florence but I have the ticket if somebody need it. Sorry for the mistakes, english is not my mother language. Long Life to Morrissey, Roma loves you.

Thanks for your review. I'm jealous, I love Italy and Rome especially. I wish I was there.

Looks like he changes into a cheaper shirt before the shirt toss. This one was an orange nightmare.

The shirt thrown in the end turned into an epic battle, security even came with scissors to help finish the fighting.

Moz seemed to be in a good mood, lots of jokes, most of them silly.

The sound was very messy, apart from his incredible voice (Trouble Loves Me, I'm Not A Man, Asleep were the highlights) everything else was a big loud mess, no guitars, no solos were heard. After such an inventive album this sounded poorly, may be it was an issue with Atantico acoustic possibilities.

Looks like he changes into a cheaper shirt before the shirt toss. This one was an orange nightmare.

Kirkland Couture for the tossers? :p

The concert was amazing! Set list is accurate. Asleep was especially powerful. Morrissey's vocals were spot on and the band was tight. II hope Morrissey holds up and you all get to witness the new songs. 10/10!

Thank you for posting

Hazard
England.

Just come back home. Show started at 9 PM and it was over at 10.30 PM. Moz in good shape, I think, he was happy to play in my city where - he said - everywhere he feels good. I arrived at 7.30 PM and there was a very long queue, about 500 metres of people waiting to go in. Few Moz/Smiths shirts, I have to say, but I was surprised to see a sold out show in a quite big venue like Atalantico. Incredibile, for me, to see two dates in my hometown, despite to "Moz fans" who said he's used to cancel gigs and that it is all a strategy. Crowd was enthusiastic and, surprisingly, lot of guys knew the new album. I mean, lot of people were Smiths' widows (I am too) but they were really there for Morrissey. And the Man did his honest show. No stage invasions, only a girl jumped on stage, helped by Moz. Tomorrow the next show here. I will be of course again at Atlantico, as well, at the moment, in Bologna and Pescara. I will try also to go to Milan and Padova. I can't go to Florence but I have the ticket if somebody need it. Sorry for the mistakes, english is not my mother language. I ever thought I was the only Morrissey fan in this 3 million people city, but I definetely can say I was wrong. Long Life to Morrissey, Roma loves you.

Thank you for posting Aliceasr. Nice one.

Hazard
England.

u r so right. Trouble and Asleep were great and the guitars were loud and a mess. the croude needed more hits

This sounds like a good set list esp. for those who love the new album. The first venue that Moz decides to play Staircase at I swear he will blow the roof off that sucker.

I would welcome if Moz started an anti smoking campaign. An issue far more important than making people not eat meat. If smokers only killed themselves then fine but passive smoking is a global problem.

Thanks for this nice review, aliceasr! Glad to hear you had such a good time, and that you got to be around other Moz lovers for a night. :) Have fun tomorrow!

I’m loving in this day and age how quickly we can get video clips and set lists from these shows. As much as I wish I was attending this leg of the tour, it’s great to be able to see all this stuff.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom