Roundhouse Friday 25-01-08

Hoopy1888 said to me during the very first song, 'He's about to walk off'.

Did anyone else hear the rumour about the 'disabled' person in a wheelchair, doing something at the gig they shouldn't have been - and were spotted by Moz and security, and this being a possible reason for the walkout, as well as the voice problems?

Peter

Did anyone else hear the rumour about the 'disabled' person in a wheelchair, doing something at the gig they shouldn't have been - and were spotted by Moz and security, and this being a possible reason for the walkout, as well as the voice problems?

Peter

Oh my God, really? :eek:

Peter

Doing what exactly? Please tell

Peter

I hadn't heard that, but after Moz walked off and before RB came out, Moz's security and a couple of (I assume) venue people were up on stage looking out to the left hand side of the audience and pointing, discussing something. I couldn't see what they were pointing at b/c I was on the far right, but I had a feeling that they must have been talking about something going on in the audience on that side. And since this was before RB came out, I was wondering at the time if Moz had walked off not only b/c of his voice but also b/c of something that had happened in the audience over there that he didn't like. <<Pure speculation on my part, but it makes me go "hmmm" since you heard this rumor!

As M23 and I walked in to the arena and began walking up the right hand side of the crowd. It looked like Moz was hit by something (beer maybe?) He didn't look at all happy with this and I remember (memory clearer now after 3 days of solid alcohol abuse) saying to my good friend that he was about to just walk off. That may have been the last straw if he was feeling crap to start with.
I had heard the one about the person in the wheelchair filming also...I guess we'll never know, unless Moz decides to tell us one day...

Moz's security and a couple of (I assume) venue people were up on stage looking out to the left hand side of the audience and pointing, discussing something. I couldn't see what they were pointing at b/c I was on the far right, but I had a feeling that they must have been talking about something going on in the audience on that side.

Possibly looking at myself and Grim trying to remove M23 from the vision of the security!

I was told that too...by a member of the security staff at The Roundhouse! :mad:

Really? I've heard some whoppers in my time, I'm guessing they were messing with you. I was there, the poor fella couldn't reach any of the notes. It was obvious he couldn't sing, when he went off I knew that was the end. In fact his voice was shaky on a couple songs on the Wednesday too so sadly, the eventual end was no surprise.

Really? I've heard some whoppers in my time, I'm guessing they were messing with you. I was there, the poor fella couldn't reach any of the notes. It was obvious he couldn't sing, when he went off I knew that was the end. In fact his voice was shaky on a couple songs on the Wednesday too so sadly, the eventual end was no surprise.

Yes, it was very obvious that his voice was hanging by a thread and by the time he started Boy Happy it was basically gone. :( No one's denying that. But it seemed at the time that something was also going on in the audience, and the rumors floating around seem to suggest that maybe there was more than one reason why Moz ended it when he did.

Yes, it was very obvious that his voice was hanging by a thread and by the time he started Boy Happy it was basically gone. :( No one's denying that. But it seemed at the time that something was also going on in the audience, and the rumors floating around seem to suggest that maybe there was more than one reason why Moz ended it when he did.

yes it was obvoious that his voice was hanging by a thread, but and im ashamed to admit this, it wasnt to me,
i was too busy just admiring him, he seemed so full of energy and the sparkle in his eyes... *ooh heaven*
it slowly dawned on me when he let us soing most of playboys, i knew that wasnt right...
:tears:

oh well, hey ho....

Back
Top Bottom