Rufus Wainwright

oscillate wildly

do you love Rufus?

amd_wainwright.jpg

(or any of his family members?)

i certainly do.

i got to meet him one day in montreal. it was weird.

I Love Rufus :D and his Dad and his Sister (Martha, not so much Lucy) and I've not really heard so much of his mum. I went to the Palladium for the Judy Garland thing it was amazing, a really bizarre evening though. Anyway my point is I love him. Anyone know what's happening with the Opera he's done?

Who knows could be a doorway into a new world of loving Opera! Aloud.com says their ticketing system is currently unavailable :(

Last edited:
Who knows could be a doorway into a new world of loving Opera! Aloud.com says their ticketing system is currently unavailable :(

the first place (I forget where) he was going to show the opera refused (lame) as it was all in French (I love the description: the life of a diva, haha.) I would love to see it, despite my serious lack of French skills. :p

bump, because I still love Rufus and I hope you do also. plus I just found this:

Singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright's first opera, Prima Donna, is set to premiere in the UK this July

After being turned away from the Metropolitan Opera in New York (the singer refused to change the language of the libretto from French to English), Wainwright has secured a spot at the Manchester's Palace Theatre as part of the Manchester International Festival.

"When I started writing the opera it was in French and it takes place in Paris," said the classical songbird of the venue swap. "It made sense - I was brought up in Montreal and I can speak French. The music started to reflect the language. But the Met wanted to commission an American work."

The opera follows the story of "a faded operatic soprano about to return to the stage after a six-year lay-off," and Wainwright is hoping Prima Donna will transform the current state of the opera genre!

"Opera seems to have been hijacked by intellectual elements… For a long time I wanted to make it a little less intellectual and have more emotional engagement. You have to remember it was a populous form, like the bandstand of its time," Wainwright disclosed.

I like Rufus and I don't like Martha ( I think she was a better chorister than a lead singer). I saw him in Paris last year, the show was amazing. "going to a town" is my favorite song from 2007!!!

Back
Top Bottom