Rumour - possibility of airborne swine?

I heard today (from an honest chap) that The Smiths are mooted to be the next inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and that, to celebrate their inaugeration, they will be appearing in the same room together (amicably) for the first time in 20 years (nothing about playing though). Apparently one of them has already agreed (I'm thinking this is any of them but Moz) but my source couldn't remember which one as he's not a fan. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of rumours, is it true that Moz once considered covering Kylie's 'Je Ne Se Pas Pourquoi'? One of my friends, a huge Kylie fan and recently converted Moz admirer (thanks to yours truly), would love to see them do a duet, so corroboration of this rumour would make his day.

if that's true, i'll bet the only reason why moz is turning up is so he can publicly punch mike joyce in the face.

I have a feeling he would prefer a roundhouse kick!:p

afterwards, they will play songs from "roundhouse kicker of the tormentors"

Mike Joyce will show up to get the award and then sell it on ebay. :p

Ha. Thanks but I don't know if you should encourage me.

Just read this. It's appearing as a news item, but I don't know that there is any news in it.

MORRISSEY TO SNUB HALL OF FAME INDUCTION

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2007-04-20 09:11:18 -

Morose rocker MORRISSEY is set to snub the induction ceremony of THE SMITHS into the US Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame.
Morrissey, 47, and his former bandmates Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce, have been invited to the event in New York City next year (08).
However, friends of the singer says Morrissey couldn't bring himself to share the stage with the group, following their feuding and bandmembers' sudden departures in the late 1980s.
Morrissey and drummer Joyce became embroiled in a bitter legal battle over royalties in 1996, which Joyce went on to win.
A friend says, "Morrissey has never forgiven Joyce and if organisers think he's going to bury the hatchet by joining him to accept this award, they've got another thing coming.
"The only way he could be persuaded to turn up would be if Joyce decides not to attend."

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of rumours, is it true that Moz once considered covering Kylie's 'Je Ne Se Pas Pourquoi'? One of my friends, a huge Kylie fan and recently converted Moz admirer (thanks to yours truly), would love to see them do a duet, so corroboration of this rumour would make his day.

i f**king hope it is!

Ha. Thanks but I don't know if you should encourage me.

Just read this. It's appearing as a news item, but I don't know that there is any news in it.

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2007-04-20 09:11:18 -

"The only way he could be persuaded to turn up would be if Joyce decides not to attend."

that's the sort of headline i expected, except i find it interesting that he'd share the room with Andy.

anyway, i think he can forget about Mike not showing up. it's his full time employment to show up at things like this.

dunno about airbourne swine, but if Joyce turns up then there's a probable chance of a spineless swine ;)

Back
Top Bottom