Russell Mael 'disillusioned’ by Morrissey’s recent comments

Sparks singer ‘disillusioned’ by Morrissey comments - BT
The former Smiths singer is a long-time admirer of Russell and Ron Mael’s music.

Excerpt:

Sparks singer Russell Mael has described comments Morrissey made in April about politics and race and last year in response to the Manchester terror attack as “ill-conceived and wrong”.

Mael, whose pop-rock band is famously beloved by the former Smiths singer and who is a fan of Morrissey himself, added that he “does not understand” the remarks.

Morrissey recently made comments where he suggested people should give far-right political party For Britain a chance and that halal meat production required “certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”.

Following the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in the Manchester Arena in May 2017, the singer implied in a statement that politicians were scared to call the attacker an Islamist extremist.

Asked for his thoughts on the singer’s comments, Mael told the Press Association: “I’m totally in agreement with anybody being disillusioned because I am as well.

“It seemed so inconsistent, all these perspectives that he has on those various issues, just stupid, dumb kind of things.

“I obviously don’t agree with any of these things. They’re just so ill-conceived and wrong.”

He added: “It’s just a pity. When you’re a fan of somebody you want to be a fan in all sorts of ways.

“You may be like ‘I still really like the music, but the person, I can’t agree with their stance’.

“I’m like all the people that don’t understand what is in his mind. I don’t understand.”

sparks-singer-disillusioned-by-morrissey-comments-136427349287640701-180522143012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SOP marking ploy: respond to latest Morrissy comment to get name trending. Who cares if he hae supported you in the past and has been kind to you.

We have to give racists a day off because it's their birthday? f*** that shit.
Perhaps it’s time to revisit the definition of a troll? How was my post trolling? Never mind. Don’t bother to get back to me on that. I’ve already moved on.

And no, racists don’t need a day off because they are racist. People should get a little respect showed to them on their birthday because they are people. The timing was designed for maximum impact and that’s shitty. If a friend needed to confront me, I sure would be extra upset if they waited to do it on my birthday. That’s the point I was making.

Last edited:
is he the one on the left or right.? From my experience the one on the left has the look (glasses) of someone who may not be in the position to judge. Time tells. The one on the right looks like he partied big time before he got his bus pass. Who knows anything, Morrissey is totally original which isn’t popular amongst cowards lol. Stay real.

You know, it takes an especially dunderheaded troll to call people "gay" who are not gay, in a casually derisive manner on a MORRISSEY forum!!

:lbf:
LOL what world are you living in? Both are 1000000 percent gay.

Perhaps it’s time to revisit the definition of a troll? How was my post trolling? Never mind. Don’t bother to get back to me on that. I’ve already moved on.

And no, racists don’t need a day off because they are racist. People should get a little respect showed to them on their birthday because they are people. The timing was designed for maximum impact and that’s shitty. If a friend needed to confront me, I sure would be extra upset if they waited to do it on my birthday. That’s the point I was making.
But TAT, you're making a few assumptions: 1. That Russell even knew it was his birthday (and I don't think they're that close); 2. That the journalist knew it was his birthday (and why would they?); and even if they did, we don't know when the comments were actually made. It would be pretty odd if such a non-story was reported in real time.

But TAT, you're making a few assumptions: 1. That Russell even knew it was his birthday (and I don't think they're that close); 2. That the journalist knew it was his birthday (and why would they?); and even if they did, we don't know when the comments were actually made. It would be pretty odd if such a non-story was reported in real time.
I agree with all of that but I was far too lazy to type premises. I don’t think either did know/plan it. But there is no coincidence it was published on his birthday. Someone made that choice intentionally. And I get the marketing buzz angle and why one would make that choice. Ethically, it’s just not one I would make.

I agree with all of that but I was far too lazy to type premises. I don’t think either did know/plan it. But there is no coincidence it was published on his birthday. Someone made that choice intentionally. And I get the marketing buzz angle and why one would make that choice. Ethically, it’s just not one I would make.
I really don't think so. I think you're affording him greater importance than he actually has - why would they know? Or care? Think we might have to agree to disagree.

:lbf:
LOL what world are you living in? Both are 1000000 percent gay.
What’s your point, ya daft wee f***tard. I’m gay? You got something to say about it? Does it define my character? Does it frighten or offend you? What does their sexuality have to do with the topic at hand?

No, they are not, you dimwit. I know the woman who has been living with Russell for the last ten years. And why should it matter anyway?

The 'woman" that has been 'living' with Russell....
:laughing:

wait, the 'woman'?:rofl: LOL

tumblr_lv1py45KKR1qixx7po1_500.jpg

Its an open secret they are gay. Very very gay.:thumb:
I mean are you all blind FFS.

For all you fans, here it is again!

We have to give racists a day off because it's their birthday? f*** that shit.

You're bothered by numbers on a screen? You need to get out more. And stop being an apologist for a racist. You look very bad.

Good on Russell for not shying away from the question.
Morrissey should get the message, Russell does not want to be associated. Won't be honoured if anything by himself is played in the pre show intro videos.

James Maker could be the one talking to him frankly and openly. However, it seems like he can't say anything against Morrissey and be brutally honest with him. Real friends are the ones that talk to you honestly. Specially, when you are going in the wrong direction with things.

“the wrong direction” is just your (populist) opinion. You are entitled to that.
But, Morrissey is entitled to his whatever it is.
He’s free, unshackled by any polite socio-political expectations.
That’s what I always liked about him and still do.
He is not and has never been a sheep.
He’s not afriad to not conform.
He’s not a drunk uncle.
He’s still a rebellious teenager with his own opinions making all around him seem so middle-aged and set in their ways- like boring aunts and uncles.
- aka “clever swines”
It makes me chuckle.

You're bothered by numbers on a screen? You need to get out more. And stop being an apologist for a racist. You look very bad.

Tat!!! Pay no attention Skinny. Look at his post carefully... what does it remind you of?
If you guessed The Shining, you guessed right.:crazy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom