Russell Mael 'disillusioned’ by Morrissey’s recent comments

Sparks singer ‘disillusioned’ by Morrissey comments - BT
The former Smiths singer is a long-time admirer of Russell and Ron Mael’s music.

Excerpt:

Sparks singer Russell Mael has described comments Morrissey made in April about politics and race and last year in response to the Manchester terror attack as “ill-conceived and wrong”.

Mael, whose pop-rock band is famously beloved by the former Smiths singer and who is a fan of Morrissey himself, added that he “does not understand” the remarks.

Morrissey recently made comments where he suggested people should give far-right political party For Britain a chance and that halal meat production required “certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”.

Following the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in the Manchester Arena in May 2017, the singer implied in a statement that politicians were scared to call the attacker an Islamist extremist.

Asked for his thoughts on the singer’s comments, Mael told the Press Association: “I’m totally in agreement with anybody being disillusioned because I am as well.

“It seemed so inconsistent, all these perspectives that he has on those various issues, just stupid, dumb kind of things.

“I obviously don’t agree with any of these things. They’re just so ill-conceived and wrong.”

He added: “It’s just a pity. When you’re a fan of somebody you want to be a fan in all sorts of ways.

“You may be like ‘I still really like the music, but the person, I can’t agree with their stance’.

“I’m like all the people that don’t understand what is in his mind. I don’t understand.”

sparks-singer-disillusioned-by-morrissey-comments-136427349287640701-180522143012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
“Following the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in the Manchester Arena in May 2017, the singer [Morrissey] implied in a statement that politicians were scared to call the attacker an Islamist extremist.”

Anyone who watched the anniversary events in Manchester yesterday would have noticed the above statement was true. Islam barely got a mention, and the word “bombing” was largely put aside in favour of “attack” across the media.

The previous evening Channel 4 ran an hour long documentary focussing on the rise in hate crime following the Islamist bombing. It was hard to not get the impression on the media yesterday that those killed at the concert were of secondary importance at best.

At one point the mother of a girl killed said the answer was that “If you see someone without a smile give them yours.” Good luck with that. Fridge magnetic homilies have a poor track record in stopping cold-blooded murder.

After that attack I actually thought that mosques would be burning across the north. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. Everyone got together for a sing song. A year later, same thing, another sing song. To feel the natural emotion that is anger is now some kind of social faux pas. That's brainwashing.

After that attack I actually thought that mosques would be burning across the north. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. Everyone got together for a sing song. A year later, same thing, another sing song. To feel the natural emotion that is anger is now some kind of social faux pas. That's brainwashing.

I can perfectly understand why the government, and indeed the entire political classes aided by a complicit media, seek to keep a lid on public unrest. The question is how long can they successfully do so?

So far people across the West have confined their anger to the ballot box. However, the reaction by (losing) politicians to them exercising their hard won democratic rights has not been to magnanimously accept defeat in the time honoured way, but to be told they’ve got it wrong.

I’ve never been an Alex Jones style conspiracy theorist, with his talk of Bilderberg and secret cabals, but since Brexit and Trump and increasing success in the EU for parties other than those who have had a comfortable time over the last three or four decades, even I’m starting to smell a rat.

I can perfectly understand why the government, and indeed the entire political classes aided by a complicit media, seek to keep a lid on public unrest. The question is how long can they successfully do so?

So far people across the West have confined their anger to the ballot box. However, the reaction by (losing) politicians to them exercising their hard won democratic rights has not been to magnanimously accept defeat in the time honoured way, but to be told they’ve got it wrong.

I’ve never been an Alex Jones style conspiracy theorist, with his talk of Bilderberg and secret cabals, but since Brexit and Trump and increasing success in the EU for parties other than those who have had a comfortable time over the last three or four decades, even I’m starting to smell a rat.
The rat is real and the rat is rotting. But to acknowledge this is akin to feeling a helpless kind of depression, so most people choose not to take on the psychological burden of admitting the truth. It's easier that way. Now, who's for another sing song?

Cone on, you must be taking the piss, is it possible to be as stupid as you?
Anger is one thing blaming innocent people, just because they are Muslim, is another. As it happens the Muslim people of Manchester worked very hard with the none Muslims, but you wouldn't know about that you pathetic London cock.

is he the one on the left or right.? From my experience the one on the left has the look (glasses) of someone who may not be in the position to judge. Time tells. The one on the right looks like he partied big time before he got his bus pass. Who knows anything, Morrissey is totally original which isn’t popular amongst cowards lol. Stay real.

Morrissey is so oringinal he spouts views that every other dumb racist spouts, where is the originality in that?

“Following the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in the Manchester Arena in May 2017, the singer [Morrissey] implied in a statement that politicians were scared to call the attacker an Islamist extremist.”

Anyone who watched the anniversary events in Manchester yesterday would have noticed the above statement was true. Islam barely got a mention, and the word “bombing” was largely put aside in favour of “attack” across the media.

The previous evening Channel 4 ran an hour long documentary focussing on the rise in hate crime following the Islamist bombing. It was hard to not get the impression on the media yesterday that those killed at the concert were of secondary importance at best.

At one point the mother of a girl killed said the answer was that “If you see someone without a smile give them yours.” Good luck with that. Fridge magnetic homilies have a poor track record in stopping cold-blooded murder.

As the US found out with school shootings, giving the spotlight to murderous f***wits creates more like minded murderous f***wits. There's your answer, put the tinfoil hat away.

As the US found out with school shootings, giving the spotlight to murderous f***wits creates more like minded murderous f***wits. There's your answer, put the tinfoil hat away.

In our lifetime those who kill
The news world hands them stardom
And these are the ways
On which I was raised
These are the ways
On which I was raised
I never wanted to kill
I am not naturally evil
Such things I do
Just to make myself
More attractive to you
Have I failed?

Who?

It must be nice seeing things in such extremes. I guess there's less thinking involved. If you talk about immigration in anything but blind glowing terms then you're far right. What is far right now anyway? The extreme left have moved the boundaries of logic so far towards insanity all they know now is nonsense.

Last edited:
“the wrong direction” is just your (populist) opinion. You are entitled to that.
But, Morrissey is entitled to his whatever it is.
He’s free, unshackled by any polite socio-political expectations.
That’s what I always liked about him and still do.
He is not and has never been a sheep.
He’s not afriad to not conform.
He’s not a drunk uncle.
He’s still a rebellious teenager with his own opinions making all around him seem so middle-aged and set in their ways- like boring aunts and uncles.
- aka “clever swines”
It makes me chuckle.
Being a 59 year old rebellious teenager is sure something to strive for. He does have the political savvy
of a 15 year old who heard something about that one thing and is all pissed off about it though.

"Just bear in mind:
there just might come a time
when you need some friends"

How long until he burns every bridge? (Save for the hopeless sycophants of course. They will always be around)

Very bizarre, you got numerous trolls here calling Moz gay. Nobody is any wiser for it everybody seems to just look down and away as if nothing had happened.
Yet, if you call some gay dude gay there is an uproar.:confused:
What the F is that all about?doh:

Back
Top Bottom